Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• johnnjjohnnj Posts: 14
    Just picked up my '07 SE and if you look at the rear wheel wells the are like an all weather carpet, not plastic like the front. Is this Normal?

John.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    The Ford Focus of all things used to have this same type of wheel well liner. (Maybe it still does.)

I think it helps with sound deadening.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Yes this is a new feature in this model Camry. It's intended to deaden the NVH from road noise and debris.
  • petomlinpetomlin Posts: 103
    fsowirles

Congrats on your new car! It's a beauty. Did you actually set out to buy a TL? What changed your mind? Did the TL feel comfortable? Please share some details - I know I can't be the only one who is comparing the TL to the SE V6. Thanks so much for any info.
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I've got a black 05 SE V6. It was my first black car and will be my last. It looks great clean but keeping it clean is a real chore and every tiny scratch is visible when you get close. If you've had black before and can deal with this, more power to you. :)
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I drove both a year ago when the TL was arguably much better looking than the Camry. Ended up with the SE V6 anyway. For the driving I do, I just couldn't rationalize the extra $5-6000 for the TL. The fact that there is no local Acura dealer affected my decision also.
  • cameron7cameron7 Posts: 4
    Yes, I asked at my local dealership about this, and supposedly it is there to further dampen the sound in the car.
  • Went for the V4 instead of V6. Had a 4 in the Accord and was happy with it. Camry 4 seems to have as much pick up, maybe a little better. Also wanted better gas milage (looks like 30 mi/gal reasonable expectation based on first tank) and saved a couple thousand dollars on price. I am still adjusting to feel of the car versus Honda, but like it alot. Good luck on your car hunt.
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    I drove and looked at nearly every sedan out there for sale between upper $20k to $40k. I was going to get a TL (literally on my way to sign the papers) and saw the new Camry sitting out in front of the dealer. I made a u-turn to look closer and test drive. After the test drive, I set out to check pricing on what I wanted. The TL is a great car, comfortable, fun to drive and loaded with options. The Camry is all of that for $5k less money.
  • bigd58bigd58 Posts: 39
    Yea, they're a chore to keep clean, but they look so good! Previously owned a 97 black Maxima SE. I'd like to get a black 07 SE (Camry), but if one isn't available I'd settle for a couple other colors provided the options were right.
  • Yeah I like the avalon, but it doesn't seem like I will be able to put a aftermarket navigation system in the car (avic z1). You sure the camry xle is smaller and better for the money, it seems like I get more with the camry then the touring avalon. Put i'll look more into it, thanks and God Bless.
  • larryt22larryt22 Posts: 125
    Anybody got a picture of and 07 with side moldings?
  • gandyfiregandyfire Posts: 36
    just curious if Fitzmall charge MSRP or a different price. Also, how long of a wating list do they have?
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Look them up on the internet. They show all their prices - volume dealer.
    Wow. Thanks for the info. It's great to hear the SE is as comfortable and fun to drive as the TL. Does the SE feel as fast as the TL? Is the road noise inside the car equal?

I must admit. I love the look of the TL, but now that I've seen the Camry (not an SE yet) in person the car is definitely growing on me. The TL somehow looks bigger than the Camry though.
    You're right. Black is a pain for the reasons you've stated. But, I just love the look of a black car. :blush:
  • bigd58bigd58 Posts: 39
    Yes, you would get more with an Camry XLE than with the Avalon Touring, but you have to remember you're comparing an apple with an orange. To be fair you'd have to compare the XLE to the Avalon Limited, or at least the XLS.
    For a time I had changed my mind & decided to go with the Touring, but backed away because the JBL system in the 06 Av doesn't have bluetooth, a feature I really want, so I'm back to a JBL equipped SE.
    If you're looking for all out comfort with all the goodies standard equipment, the XLE should do very nicely.
  • Actually, SE v6 is faster than TL, :)

source R&T: 0-60 6.1s vs. 6.3s

but TL should handle better.
    At Fitzmall Camrys seem to be $900 over invoice. Right now you can probably do better thru the internet department at a local dealer.
  • samchinchsamchinch Posts: 47
    If you want them to go $18,000 just get a friend to give them a call on the phone and tell them that and then all you have to do is go in and sign the papers with your friend. Your friend can say he is buying the car and giving it to you.