Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Forget about door protection. You get dings anyway because other vehicle's mostly do not line up perfectly with any door moldings you may have.
    Plus, the dealer sells molding installation if you want to make a futile attempt anyway.
    People who really do not want door dings do not park their cars where a door ding is a possibility rather than having faith in protection offered by bodyside moldings.
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Mazda3 owners are taking off their body side moldings because the car looks cleaner.

You can buy the body side moldings for about $120 and put them on yourself or pay the dealer to install for you.

I didn't want them and didn't want to pay for them as a standard on my '07 XLE.

On most cars they are just decorations, seldom at the height required to do much good. I've got them on my LHS and have 2 dents above the moldings from rear doors that had a high back being opened into me.
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    I recall someone asking if the SE came with Toyo Proxes. Mine came with Michelin Energy MXV4. I did not remember when I ordered it to get the no charge all season tires in lieu of the perfo tires, so I guess I will be buying tires in a couple of years.
  • bigd58bigd58 Posts: 39
    Good insight. I've quietly wondered the same thing about waiting to see what happens with the 07 Av. Give me bluetooth, mp3 and a 6 speed and all the sudden the Av starts looking a whole lot better.

Toyota Aurion (Toyota of Australia) is going to make a supercharged version of the 3.5 for the sport line of their Camry-esque Avalon replacement.

Toyota Aurion
  • captain2captain2 Posts: 3,971
    'disgusting profiteering' - welcome to the world of GST (Gulf States Toyota) and what happens when any mfgr. has a car in high demand. Been going on with the Avalon for over a year now although it has eased somewhat - but one of the reasons that Avalon Touring may represent a good alternative to many Camry buyers looking at the higher end V6 versions. Bigger, more comfortable, better ride than the SE, better handling than the other trims, and standard with the really important things like Xenons, leather. With sunroof, stability control (if you really want it), but without NAV should be able to be had in the same high 20's. No side moldings on Avalons either, but are available aftermarket.
  • w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    Re. the lack of side protection . . . this is rampant in many new vehicles and is called "decontenting" in the industry. Another example of this in the new Camry is the exposed gooseneck trunk hinges. The latter was not the case with the previous generation Camry. Manufacturers are pulling money out of vehicles in some areas, to add content in others.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I have no problem as long as the content has been added in meaningful places. In the case of the Camry, for example, it has. Exposed gooseneck hinges in the trunk, not cool. But... completely redesigned vehicle for '07 with side air curtains standard... for the same price as the '06 LE plus side curtains. Ok, I'll take that.

Also, someone mentioned here the additional sound deadening that was placed in the rear wheel wells. I'll take that over concealed hinges too. Other nice tiny touches...Optitron instrumentation, which only the Accord also has in this class, no prop rods under the hood, middle rear head restraints, etc.

~alpha
  • frasierdogfrasierdog Posts: 128
    In the Fort Worth Texas area, talk with Freeman Toyota's internet manager.

They will sell any new 2007 for $250 over invoice. He will also order it the way you want. He can get Camrys without all the profit options, oh I mean port options.

He offered me a 2007 LE, 4 cy, alloys and mats for $20,500.

I have no idea what his invoice includes as far as fees.

I had another dealer offer me the same car for $100 cheaper.
  • caciviccacivic Posts: 22
    Is this color possible to obtain in So. Cal.?? I checked inventory of many Toyota dealers and none have it! When I test drove the LE last weekend the dealer said he hasn't seen the color yet anywhere. My wife and I want to buy now but really wanted to see the Aloe Green first.
  • tomdtomd Posts: 87
    The car magazines have been slamming the new Toyota/Lexus models, e.g., GS, IS, Camry for not being able to turn off all of the electronic safety controls (traction control, etc.) stating that you really can't run the car out and enjoy by putting it through it's paces. Is it really as bad as they make it sound? They say if you jump on it and the tires even show a hint of wanting to squeal, everything shuts down for about .5 seconds which kills any chance of having a little fun. I know in my '99 ES300, the traction control swich is way under the dash so I suspect that most people don't even know it's there, BUT, you can turn it off if you want to. I'm very surprised that the Lexus models don't let you turn it off, especially since they are taking aim at BMW with the IS and GS models. Is Toyota/Lexus listening to this criticism or do they have a certain safety related mind set concerning this issue and their mind is made up?
    offered me a 2007 LE, 4 cy, alloys and mats for $20,500
    'offering' and actually getting are two different things - GST effectively controls all Toyotas supplied in that area and can make it difficult for any dealer that is selling the car significantly under market. Avalon orders were taken all over the place at some relatively well discounted prices - somehow the cars never actually showed up as 'ordered'. Invoice is, of course, a highly imaginery number especially with those distributor 'port' pkgs. but if the Camry is generally selling at something close to sticker (as you would think it would for awhile) than you better believe that the dealers know precisely what they can get for it. Unless, of course, it's a lease in which case 'sell' prices mean much much less.
    it is possible that these same 'safety' systems than can certainly stop you from getting too far out of shape may also inhibit the car's ultimate avoidance capabilities or prevent the car from moving at all on snow/ice, thereby creating a safety hazard. Interesting legal issue and that inability to shut the silly things off is not unique to Toyotas.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    The new Camry has a modification to the traction control that does allow slow speed maneuvering in snow and ice.
  • Go to

Toyota Camry: Prices Paid & Buying Experience

and find message:

#2687 & #2689

I think they are very helpful.
  • buyer777buyer777 Posts: 70
    Tell me more...haven't been able to find a loaded SE in my area (NJ) but was looking at TLs...how was firmness, handling, etc compared to TL?
  • tidewatertidewater Posts: 69
    Fitzmall has changed its 2007 Camry prices. They now show their internet pricing at primarily $1,000 above invoice, a significant increase from past weeks.

Tidewater
  • jrourkejrourke Posts: 72
    The new Camry has a modification to the traction control that does allow slow speed maneuvering in snow and ice.

And a quick search on the internet will find a special sequence of steps if done within 30sec of starting the car that will disable VSC on the Lexus. Don't know if it works on the Camry or not.
  • Okay well thanks, I just find the cars that fit about 5 people more experience. But I'm going to go probaly test drive or look at the camrys and maybe others. Thanks and God Bless
    Glad I got mine when I did.