Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    For the the same $30K is there another vehicle you could buy now that you like the same or better? That will answer your question.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    I think thats a damn fine looking sedan. The Ford Fusion and the Hyundai Sonata have left the door open for the Camry in terms of crash testing...

~alpha
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Thanks for the photos. I am interested in the CE or the LE, so your photos are very helpful. I only saw photos of the Hybrid nodel, or the SE model.

Its unfortunate that some people on the board want to question a person's credibility. Sorry, it happened to you.

The front end looks better than I thought. From the side, I could not see any signficant difference. The rear end looks ok.
  • tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    And judging from other posts, it appears that some dealers are already bargaining on the vehicle.
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Nice pictures, thanks! It's good to see what the LE looks like, since Toyota has been featuring the XLE, SE, and Hybrid. I like the color also. I see this one was manufactured in Japan (VIN starts with "J" and it has the plug on the bumper covering the towing eyelet).

I still don't like the front end though. I prefer the 2002-06, even with the "peeled back" headlights.
  • rgray3rgray3 Member Posts: 23
    Maybe it is just me...but I cannot see paying $28K plus for a Camry........Does that seem high to anyone else for a Camry? A fully loaded 2006 Honda Accord V6 can be had easily for $25,500. Are there $2,500 in extras on the V6 Camry XLE not on the Accord V6?
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I try to be as helpful as possible on this site. I did a little traveling today to other dealers in the Upstate, SC area. I couldn't find any other Camrys in the area...so Mackabee may be right...

The LE pictured has the infamous SET alloy wheels for the LOW LOW price of $700!!!!!

I really like that color in person...the interior was beige and had some high quality materials and fabrics.
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    Nice pictures!

I don't like the wheels though.
    I really like the front actually.

Did you test drive the Camry?
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Those wheels arent Toyota OEM, I believe, and the optional factory LE alloys look differently.

~alpha
    They are the infamous SET alloy wheels found on EVERY Camry Solara SE in this region...they will find their way on a good many Camry's too.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Just out of curiosity, what was the mistake?

Toyota tries to match the runout and the launch perfectly when models change. For the last changeover in aug '01 they lost almost a whole months sales as there were few '01s left and the market took it's time, then 9-11 occurred, so for nearly 45 days no new Camry's were sold relatively speaking. This is the only year in the last 9 that the Accord beat the Camy. That mistake .. it still seems to irk them.
  • ben_canadaben_canada Member Posts: 14
    Wow :P talk about listenting to customer needs, somehow I think Toyota Canada must be watching/paying attention to this forum closely....I was complaining the US version (pre release specs) will lose the full size spare tire for 07 and how I wish the Canadian version will have FULL size spare tire just like all previous Camrys (at least to me it's a MUST have item or deal breaker) and what do you know, the Canadian 07 Camry WILL have FULL SIZE spare tire!

All the pics/specs/prices are on www.toyota.ca, now there is nothing stopping me from getting a 07 Camry LE :P, OH what a feeling, Toyota!.
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    Why buy a Camry in Southeast?? The ADMIN fee(included in the invoice) in the SE is $585. vs about $400 in the Northeast. Note that there is an additional $55. freight in the SE.
    If the car comes with ToyoGuard Plus the dealer really makes out because it list for $699, and one pricing web page I found indicates the dealer's actual cost of $231.
  • toyodlrtoyodlr Member Posts: 12
    No matter what anyone tells you - The SET Dealers do NOT get the ADMIN fee. We dislike it as much as you do. We as a dealer, do not put ToyoGuard on any of our vehicles unless someone orders it that way. The good side about SET is that our incentives are usually a little better than National and we offer more accessories.
  • babyrocketbabyrocket Member Posts: 54
    I'm in Charlotte, NC and interested in buying a 2007 Camry. If there are reasons to shop outside of the Southeast, I'm not afraid to negotiate a price by phone (or find an attractive internet price), fly up and drive my new car home. Where are the best dealerships within a driveable radius from me? I've heard good things about the Fitzgerald Auto Malls (www.fitzmall.com) in the Maryland/DC area, are there other good ones outside the Southeast you can recommend? If I buy a car out of state, am I correct in assuming that I don't pay state taxes?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    I live on OBX but work in SE VA on the NC border. We get a lot of cross-shoppers here fron No Carolina.

No you do not pay VA sales taxes ( although they are the same 3% as NC ). We collect the NC taxes and send them to Raleigh and you get your new tags directly from DMV Raleigh ( unless you are transferring - then we just swap them ).

All NC DMV fees are part of the contract so it appears on the surface that you purchased the vehicle there, including the provision of only paying tax on the difference between your new vehicle and the trade ( it's different in VA ).

No SET Admin Fee or Toyoguard or special accessories.
  • lime679lime679 Member Posts: 38
    Hello yk. I work on behalf of an Internet Department for Toyota in Texas. Your best bet would be to visit the dealer and ask to see the invoice on the car. Then you can use your best judgment. I'll tell you right now that you are not going to pick up a 2007 camry for a few hundred over invoice but most dealers like mine are willing to work with you. Please only use KBB as a guide and not a bible. I get so many miseducated customers because they think KBB and other 3rd party websites know it all when in reality they don't. The 3rd party websites don't list all cost associated with the car. Just take a look at the DEALER'S invoice and you will be good to go. Good Luck and I hope you get one. :)
  • catman2050catman2050 Member Posts: 28
    I've read somewhere that the XLE comes with Rear A/C vents. Does anyone know if its possible to get the SE V-6 with Rear A/C vents?
  • fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    Thanks for the wonderful report! Maybe our host could down-size the pictures a little so we can get the whole picture on the computer screen. Did this XLE have the cloth interior? How was it?
  • littlejohn600littlejohn600 Member Posts: 80
    I have had good response in dealing with Beltway Toyota (www.beltwaytoyota.com)in Maryland. Note that this is a short distance from National Airport. The DOC FEES for autos purchased in Maryland is $100 maximum, whereas dealers in other states may ask as much as $499 for doing a little paperwork.
    You would pay the Sales Tax on the new car to the state in which it is being titled.
  • neno8403neno8403 Member Posts: 49
    Yea I didnt take the time to resize the pictures and i'm sorry about that. As for the cloth: XLE - cloth standard, lether optional...XLE V6 - Leather Standard

And to the other poster, XLE's do have rear-vents they were clear as day. Don't know about other trim levels but I believe the rear-vents are exclusive to the XLE.
  • catman2050catman2050 Member Posts: 28
    that's bogus (if rear air is not avail. on the SE). I mean, what is someone to do that wants sport suspension and rear A/C vents for the kids? I guess that leaves me with the Avalon Touring.
  • zevizevi Member Posts: 12
    Hello,
    I was wondering what all the difference is between these two.
    Is there any benefit or enhanced resale value for getting a [non-permissible content removed] model.

Thanks

Steven
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Thanks for the pics Max. Now when are you going to buy a Toyota now that you are old enough to get one?
    ;)
    Mackabee
  • lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    No difference, no benefit, no change in resale. Please spell out Japanese in the future. Thanks.
    Hi guys! Just got back from Florida a couple of hours ago. I went down to Panama city to visit Mackabee Jr. and his wife and my grandson. There is only one small Toyota dealer down there but I did not go there to look at cars I see every day. I'm off tomorrow as I have a couple of medical tests scheduled so in the event the Camry came in today I won't be seeing it until Wednesday. I got lots of time to study it up close. Max, my post was not in any way, shape, or form meant to be derogatory to you as some have inferred. You and I go back lots of years on these threads and your inputs are always welcome. It's nice to see your posts again and I'm also happy to know you don't drink and hopefully not illegally either.
    Mackabee
    :D
    I figured you were kidding about that stuff my friend...life is good...so its no problem for me.

Yea we do go a LONG way back...Alpha and I do as well. I've been on Edmunds.com since the 2000 Nissan Maxima debuted!!!!! I feel so old now. :P

As you know Mack, I've been driving an 05 Altima for two years now (so hard to believe) I think I'm gonna get rid of it soon. The new Camry is number one on my list...but I HAVE to wait for the new Altima to debut at NY before I do anything.

That LE model I took pictures of is the ONLY one in my entire area. No other dealers in the Upstate have one yet I'm told.
    Toyota.com is now updates with prices and specifications for all 2007 Camry trims except the Hybrid
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Silver looks good outside, but I don't know what they were thinking with that wood with grey interior!
    Even Honda changes the trim to aluminum when you get a grey interior.
    I guess you should only get one with a tan interior if you buy an XLE.
  • jimbobjoeginjimbobjoegin Member Posts: 18
    I am now currently interested in the 07 toyota camry le 4 cylinder. I live in the midwest. I've heard now that the VSC is offered on this model as an option,but When I build my car on the website it doesnt show VSC avaible as an option

my question is do you think that if I go to the local dealerships I can order one with VSC even though they dont offer it in the midwest?
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Not shown on any of the toyota.com listings or ebrochure on any model.

Probably just another error.

I'll go down to look in person manana.
  • njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Move to Camry and out of Future Vehicles??
    Hey, when you get a chance check out my http://www.carspace.com/mackabee here on edmunds.com I have some pictures up from 2003 when I went to Germany to visit my son. I just rescued some of my pics from the Frankfurt auto show also from 2003 and will be uploading some of those this week (these were on his computer). AnYway, to get back on topic; I made up an excuse that we were out of bread and drove past the nearest Toyota dealer to take a quick peek at the 07. They have a Ribbon blue SE 4 banger on the lot. It was about and hour ago and the weather has been kind of crappy so there was no one on the lot. I drove past it very slowly and from what I could see it looks more compact than the previous generation. I didn't bother to get out and take a closer look since it has been raining on and off plus I didn't want the wife to get suspicious on me. :blush: Really. How long does it take to pick up a loaf of bread?
    Mackabee
  • tidewatertidewater Member Posts: 69
    Thanks for those great pics! From your description - it sounded like a real party at FitzMall! The car looks dynamite.

I think a Beige interior might look nice -- maybe I'll see if the Sand Mica exterior/beige interior is available.

From the steering wheel shot, its looks like some handsfree phone device might be available. Does anyone know about this?
  • zevizevi Member Posts: 12
    Sorry,
    i meant to shorten the word not at all as a racial slur or name.
    I apologize
    Steven
  • ben_canadaben_canada Member Posts: 14
    For 07 Camrys, the body side moldings are sold under "EXTERIOR ACCESSORIES" http://www.toyota.com/camry/accessories.html

If I messed up/not lined properly, can I redo them? :confuse: or if the dealer have special equip to line them up properly?

Thanks.
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    jimbo - Apparently, many Toyota regions limit the choices available on their website build software. The NW website includes small print to the effect that other configurations are possible: See your local dealer for details.

With NHSTA about to phase in a VSC mandate on all cars, I hope Toyota isn't going to limit the availability of this safety feature. Many Korean cars include it on all models, and Honda has all but said these kinds of safety features will become standard on the next model update.
  • mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    "A fully loaded 2006 Honda Accord V6 can be had easily for $25,500."

I test drove a 2006 Accord Hybrid with nav the other day. I guess I look gullible. I was told MSRP is over $38,500 and was quoted $35,800. According to this site, MSRP is around $33,500. I about fell out of my chair, by the way.
  • brupopbrupop Member Posts: 63
    If you doubt the veracity of rgray3, check out this thread on the Accord prices paid thread: jkmail24, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #10723, 6 Mar 2006 7:32 pm
    Pls note: mary99 was quoted a hybrid Accord. There is a misunderstanding on both sides.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Mary: I would report that dealer to Honda. He's a thief.
    Mary: I would report that dealer to Honda. He's a thief

Just to be clear on one point. Honda, GM, Ford, et.al. have absolutely no say about what goes on at the retail level. On the new 'vette there is a $20K Market Price Adjustment ( or in other words 'this vehicle is intended for seriously well to do buyers, the rest of you just drool' ). There is nothing immoral or illegal. It's capitalism at work as always. If the price is too high it wont be sold, that's all.
  • ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    hmmm....so toyota owns honda accords now? whats goin on with all this accord talk? did u guys see the accessories page for the 07 camry, hope the new camry keys in the engine start picture doesn't look like that
  • ix1is1ix1is1 Member Posts: 55
    does anyone know if the radio can play mp3 cds
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Yes, all new Camrys include an MP3 capable CD player.
  • mary99mary99 Member Posts: 65
    There was no misunderstanding on my side. Someone said "fully loaded Accord". I think the hybrid is it! ;)
  • jbgrahamjbgraham Member Posts: 34
    Fitzmall is already showing 07 Camrys at discount, including:

V6 XLE Leather/Nav
    MSRP: $31,312
    Invoice: $28,144
    Delivered Internet Price: $28,744

I'm surprised at that level of discount so soon.
    I'm not surprised. FitzMall is whole nother type of dealership. They operate using "no haggle pricing" and so are able to provide such competative pricing. They were already offering discounts last week before they even received their first '07.
  • carzzzcarzzz Member Posts: 282
    Temp Spare is on all models (except hybrid)
  • klunkmanklunkman Member Posts: 80
    Has anyone seen one in Magnetic Grey yet? On the Toyota website, it appears to have a blue cast to it. Can anyone verify?