Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• I think the XLE plastic wood interior looks bogus. The SE Camry is something I might consider buying and look forward to giving it a test drive.

The XLE is just crying plastic.
  • I wonder if the the navi screen is the same as the one on the new Lexus IS with better resolution/brighter colors. It also looks like there's no LED taillights on the blue model. I'm also interested if it handles better than the 2006 XLE model.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    My big question is what are the improvements over the 2006 Camry?
    What are the prices?

I'll go out on a limb a little

Improvements:
    Uh state of the art V6!!!
    10 airbags standard;
    BT standard;
    style, style, style.. I do love the new look;
    2" more interior room.. same exterior dimensions;
    MP3/MWA input standard;
    sport tuned suspension, SE;
    Hybrid... in this vehicle!!!
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    It's a baby Lexus, with the Lexus 3.5 V-6 (a bigger engine than the GS300!), the 6-speed transmission, knee airbags and the rest. But the interior ain't no Lexus. Looks cheap. Imitation light wood plastic looks low rent and doesn't really go with the silver alum on the rest of the dashboard. Reminds me of the Avalon interior. Maybe beige or black seats have different color fake plastic wood. The Accord abandoned that same light plastic wood this year in favor of a darker wood/plastic that looks better and richer.
  • day9day9 Posts: 57
    Toyota.com
  • jrock65jrock65 Posts: 1,371
    Press release:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Release...YT2006010675087

I4: 158 hp, 24/34
    V6: 268 hp, 22/31
    Hybrid: 192 hp, 43/37
  • I just called up and put my purchase order for the new Honda Accord on hold. All bets are off until March!
  • It looks like no HID's for the 07 XLE/SE and only the hybrid gets LED taillights. Oh well, the 440-watt sound system, aux. jack, bluetooth, improved navi and other new features should make up for those omissions. I may have a problem with the light wood on the XLE, it doesn't look good. Handling is another issue as well so if I decide to get the 07 Camry, it may have to be a SE.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Based on its traditon of not adjusting the prices much when new models are into'd I'll guess that the typical prices will be in the following ranges. Equipment will vary in each trim level of course.

A) 4c 2.4L ~80%+ of sales

CE $20500 ~25% of sales
    LE $22000 ~35% of sales
    SE $24000 nominal
    XLE $25000 ~10% of sales

B) Hybrid $26000 ~10% of sales

C) V6 3.5L ~15 to 20% of sales
    LE $24500 ~5%
    SE $25500 ~5%
    XLE $28000 ~10%
    Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn Unveils All-New 2007 Sentra at NAIAS [Jan. 9, 06]

"In North America in the near future, all of Nissan’s front engine/front-wheel drive vehicles except for Quest and some Versa models will come equipped with CVTs – including 100% of Sentras, Altimas, Maximas and Muranos sold with automatic transmissions."
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    I always knew Toyota and Honda would be reluctant to put HIDs in Camrys and Accords at least until the cost drops much more.
    Well, they have to cut some corners in interior materials so people buying an ES350 can enjoy a significant upgrade and justify the extra expense.
    I always hate the light yellowish "wood" (first seen in the Infinity Q45 several years ago) Maybe it would look better with a brown/tan interior instead of the grey leather shown in the pic.
  • navigator89navigator89 Posts: 1,080
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/01/09/detroit-2006-toyota-camry-camry-hybrid-in- - troduced/

Tons of information.

I own a 2004 V6 Camry, and personally I like my car exterior styling better, but this one has a better interior definitely.
  • day9day9 Posts: 57
    So what? Is it better than camry's 6-spd or LS's 8-spd?
  • Maybe Honda will take the plunge with the 8th-gen Accord. Anyway, projector halogen's are a step in the right direction.
    Whoops! Meant to post in the midsize sedans thread. Sorry.
  • CVT is good for getting higher mpg . . but not particularly good for getting top performance. I will take a 6 speed autostick anyday!
    They would put HIDs on the new Accord if they want to take sales away from the TL.
    Some people will say why get a TL then?
    Others will say, with the extra cost of the HIDs, why pay $32K for decked an 2008 Accord Hybrid with nav and HIDs?
    A loser for Honda either way.

A maxed out 2007 Camry XLE V6 +$700 to $1000 for HIDs would probably get uncomfortably close in price and features to a lightly optioned 2007 ES350 not to mention stepping all over the Avalon.
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    "As a result of this development, transmission kickdown response was cut to 0.5 seconds, more than twice as fast as the response of the transmission this new one replaces."

The current tranny has been roundly criticized for its slow response to downshift. My 2005 SE-V6 is noticeably better than my 2004 HL V6.
  • What is the big upgrade between this years 4 cylinder and the 2007 4 cylinder??

I think a lot more people are going to buy the Camry V6 this go-round. It sounds like the better bang for your buck.