Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• mikegillermikegiller Posts: 602
    I never told you to not stress. I was simply telling actual car-buyers that 1 dB is nothing to cancel an order due to a more noisy interior, or whatever it be... 5 horsepower... 2 lb-ft of T... .2 seconds faster acceleration... you get the idea. Noticeable? Arguably yes and no. Meaningful?.......
  • bigd58bigd58 Posts: 39
    Thanks for the info. You are the proud owner of virtually the exact type of Camry I hope to purchase this summer! Please update on your driving impressions from time to time, thanks again.
  • sraybellsraybell Posts: 1
    I just picked up a 2007 Camry XLE last week, and I must say, it was quite the upgrade from my 2004 Camry LE. I'm really enjoying it. Neither me nor my wife really like leather, so we opted for cloth. The suspension is AWESOME. The ride is quite smooth compared to my other vehicle, and I find the seats a tad more comfortable. Going to be great on those long trips across the state!
  • gtgtcobragtgtcobra Posts: 259
    I prefer the SE Camry, but I don't like the blacked out grill. So if I decide to buy a Camry it's probably going to be the LE model.

I still hope that Toyota puts more effort in the quality of the fit and finish on these cars. I am hoping that the one that I purchase if I do get one will be a Japanese made LE model with the 5 speed manual.
  • Just went from a 2000 Accord to 2007 Camry XLE. Was planning on another Accord but decided to drive the Camry first. No comparison in ride quality. It really depends on whether you like to feel like you are in a car or a living room. For some feeling the road is preferable. For me, with a long commute, the living room with great surround sound won out. Will say the visibility is not as good in the Camry. Only had the car a few days, but so far I love it. Expect the same reliability from the Camry I have had with the Accord (130,000 miles and no unscheduled maintenance).
  • petomlinpetomlin Posts: 103
    Seems like several of us are thinking the same thing. Black SE V6 with Charcoal leather.....NICE!
    Black SEs should minimize 'the grille' :-)
  • how much did u pay driveout? what options did you put on there? you know toyota is notorious for its options
  • delphdelph Posts: 2
    It seems the inventory is so limited and I'm having a tough time negotiating a good price. The local dealer's current price is $18,699 for a 2007 manual with floormats and a keyless entry. Invoice for this car is $17,400, so I think a fair deal is $18k, but they won't budge. I can get an auto LE for just $300 more, even though I really want the 5 speed. It just feels sportier to me. Is it just basic supply and demand right now?
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    I wouldn't put much credence in the comparative db or noise figures published by Car and Driver. Some years ago they had an article on their testing methods and they confessed that they often test the noise level of different cars over different road surfaces, so you really can't accurately compare figures on two or more cars. It may simply reflect tests on different roads, since some road surfaces are noisier than others. Their noise figures may give a rough estimate of how quiet a car is, but I wouldn't put much stock into comparative figures, especially when differences are of a magnitude of 1db or so.
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    The Lexus ES350, a Camry clone all dressed up, will debut April 22.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    You will have severe regrets at resale time if you buy a Camry stick shift for only $300 less than a same year automatic.
    You will have to sell it for much more than $300 less than an automatic to get rid of it.
  • larouselarouse Posts: 28
    Thank you for your reply. We will go test drive one this week-end. Is yours a V6? That is another consideraton, V4 vs. V6. Think we would like the added power, but have to consider mileage and with the price of gas... Hope you continue to be happy with yours.
  • larouselarouse Posts: 28
    Thanks for your reply. Good to hear you are happy with your new Camry. Yes, the Camry ride is comfortable, very different from the Accord. We take long trips to FL. and that is a consideration on long trips. Is yours a V6?
  • captain2captain2 Posts: 3,971
    as the Es has always been - a dressed up clone with a premium label. As Lexus endeavors to clear lots of the current ES, would imagine there may be some very unLexus like discounts available - possibily cheaper than the full boat Camry XLE and certainly less than a similarily optioned Avalon. Not a bad deal if you don't mind giving up the 50hp or so.
  • fsowirlesfsowirles Posts: 195
    I can't stop grinning. I love this car. I got NAV/XM/VSC/Rem. Start/Leather and Power Seats/Moonroof, etc..

• blindmantooblindmantoo Posts: 139
    Almost the same set of options we have ordered (no remote start). No one has any SE's w/ NAV around here - good to see that mine won't be one of the first installations on the SE line! Give us an update after you get a few miles on it.
  • torn8otorn8o Posts: 31
    Sweet, looks nice in the dark blue. I have yet to see a SE in any color other than black on the local lots.
  • buyer777buyer777 Posts: 70
    Anyone cross shopping these or test drive both for compare?
    Test drove TL and thought it certainly was firmer than I am used to.

Any input?
    Thanks!
    I did just that. I was buying a TL until I saw the new SE. Now I have an SE in my garage! Similar driving experience, larger interior for less money.
  • virtkingvirtking Posts: 25
    To my surprise I just saw two ES350s on the road. Both with regular license plates. One was driving in the opposite direction, but the other was crossing the intersection in front of me stopped at the red light.
  • johnnjjohnnj Posts: 14
    Just picked up my '07 SE and if you look at the rear wheel wells the are like an all weather carpet, not plastic like the front. Is this Normal?

John.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    The Ford Focus of all things used to have this same type of wheel well liner. (Maybe it still does.)

I think it helps with sound deadening.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Yes this is a new feature in this model Camry. It's intended to deaden the NVH from road noise and debris.
  • petomlinpetomlin Posts: 103
    fsowirles

Congrats on your new car! It's a beauty. Did you actually set out to buy a TL? What changed your mind? Did the TL feel comfortable? Please share some details - I know I can't be the only one who is comparing the TL to the SE V6. Thanks so much for any info.
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I've got a black 05 SE V6. It was my first black car and will be my last. It looks great clean but keeping it clean is a real chore and every tiny scratch is visible when you get close. If you've had black before and can deal with this, more power to you. :)
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I drove both a year ago when the TL was arguably much better looking than the Camry. Ended up with the SE V6 anyway. For the driving I do, I just couldn't rationalize the extra $5-6000 for the TL. The fact that there is no local Acura dealer affected my decision also.
  • cameron7cameron7 Posts: 4
    Yes, I asked at my local dealership about this, and supposedly it is there to further dampen the sound in the car.
  • Went for the V4 instead of V6. Had a 4 in the Accord and was happy with it. Camry 4 seems to have as much pick up, maybe a little better. Also wanted better gas milage (looks like 30 mi/gal reasonable expectation based on first tank) and saved a couple thousand dollars on price. I am still adjusting to feel of the car versus Honda, but like it alot. Good luck on your car hunt.
    I drove and looked at nearly every sedan out there for sale between upper $20k to $40k. I was going to get a TL (literally on my way to sign the papers) and saw the new Camry sitting out in front of the dealer. I made a u-turn to look closer and test drive. After the test drive, I set out to check pricing on what I wanted. The TL is a great car, comfortable, fun to drive and loaded with options. The Camry is all of that for $5k less money.
  • bigd58bigd58 Posts: 39
    Yea, they're a chore to keep clean, but they look so good! Previously owned a 97 black Maxima SE. I'd like to get a black 07 SE (Camry), but if one isn't available I'd settle for a couple other colors provided the options were right.