Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Rio

1192021222325»

Comments

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,630
    I saw a red Rio5 at a Kia exhibit at the State Fair yesterday. It looked exactly like my LX so I walked over to it. I looked at the sticker and noticed it was an EX, MSRP over $19k. I sat in it and was underwhelmed. It was hard to tell the difference from my LX, except for the leather covered wheel and the center armrest/console. The audio controls were different also, but a similar appearance to my LX. There was thin padded vinyl trim on the door panels, but it was so thin I don't think I'd miss it, plus it looks like the hard plastic on my LX. The interior cloth was different, but not so different than in my LX that it matters. Outside, I had to get close up to the car that the wheels were alloys and not the plastic covers as on my LX--very similar in design. And of course the powertrains are the same in both cars.

So now I'm glad I went for the low lease deal on the LX. If I were to pay $19k MSRP for a car, I'd rather go with a compact like the Elantra/Elantra GT, Mazda3i sedan, or Forte LX.