Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35 / M45 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• barryendbarryend Posts: 121
    It is one of the most reliable cars made.

Can he show service records? Oil changes and tranny service? Timing belt change? I suggest an engine compression test and drivetrain inspection. Was it garaged or driven on salted roads? The electronics are a crap shoot but their longevity may not be related to mileage.

Do power accessories like seats and windows work? a/c system and water or fuel pumps noises?

Life of catalytic converter?

Repairing any high mileage luxury car can be costly. $13,500 may be too much.

Suggest a third party inspector and budget for repairs. Money for gas too. Mileage stinks.

Consider a new Civic ;)
  • stkntrafficstkntraffic Posts: 172
    I wouldn't buy anything with 150K miles, regardless of price. If you've got $13.5K to spend and you're not set on a M35, there are a lot of low-mileage almost-new cars to pick from.

If you are dead set on a M35 but only have $13.5 to spend, I still would say don't buy it, because you're not going to be able to afford the repairs.

150K miles isn't used, it's used up.
  • The '06 is a 1-owner former lease with 18K miles at an Infiniti Dealer. Their best price is $27K

The '07 is a 2-owner rental/personal with 36K miles at a BMW Dealer. The rental portion was 21K miles in 15 months, and the personal was 15K miles in 11 months. I can get this one for $25K to $25.5K.

I've read these boards for a while and done plenty of online shopping but can't decide how much more to pay for 10-15K fewer miles. Any thoughts on that and whether either of the vehicles above represent a good value?

I can afford an M45, but is it really worth the premium? I'm looking for maximum value on this purchase and would be willing to go up in mileage or pay slightly more if that's what it takes.

Also from a value perspective should I care more about navigation or other options? I've read so many negative comments about nav and Bose I hate to pay much premium for them. But am I missing some other valuable options by buying a base model?

I'll probably keep the car 5+ years and average 10K miles/yr.

Finally, I don't love the idea of buying a rental, but at least 50% of the cars I've seen are formal rentals and nearly all the rest are lease returns. I've read the recent comments on this topic, but is there really much difference in maintenance btwn rental and lease, generally speaking?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer!
  • mltsurgermltsurger Posts: 102
    If you are going to keep it for 5 or more years,don't kid yourself,you should have the Nav. and nice tunes..I just bought a M45x with the premium package.The DVD in the back isn't needed, but the rest is really very nice.You and I keep cars for a long time ,buy what you will enjoy.The vehicle will last so don't settle for a base model.Someone needs to drive the nice cars!
  • Purchased a 2008 M35 with 18,000 miles last month for $27,500 plus sales tax and tag. Base car (no navigation, upgraded radio etc.), that Carfax reports as being about 13 months old and a previous rental car for a major car rental company. I purchased from an Infiniti dealer . Car was in overall very good condition with a few small nicks/scratches showing it's rental past! Dealer put new tires on it as part of the deal.

As this model has 4 years, 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty I felt it was a good deal considering that the car when new listed for about $43,500 or so.

Check Autotrader.com and Cars.com to see what's being listed. My dealer had the car listed for $31,995 but negotiated down quickly. Good luck.
  • shmangshmang Posts: 297
    Well, I guess it is an OK deal consider it is almost a stripper M - There is a difference of over $10K compared with a loaded M when new. So, if you get the premium package, the cost will be likely increase by $5-6K, which will be around $32,500. Still an OK deal, but, I would not call it a great deal though.

But, the economy is picking up, so maybe the car prices are going up as well. It is better now than later I guess.
  • I think I'm going to forget the base models and shell out for one with nav and a few other options. The price premium for the extras in the used models is closer to 2K than 5-6K and thus probably worth it. I mean the nav in these vehicles can't be that lousy, right?

Any thoughts on how much more to pay for, say 25K miles vs 40K miles? I'm trying to find the sweet spot.

Also, M45 vs M35? I was sold on the M35, but keep hearing from various sources that the M45 is a much hotter vehicle now. I know from extensive searching that there are about 10 M35s on the used market for every M45...at least.

Last question: does buying from an Infiniti dealer matter if I don't care about CPO? I'm in Austin, TX so I have 9 to choose from within a 3hr drive or less, but the better deals definitely seem to be with non-Infiniti dealers.

Thanks again!
    When compare M35 vs M45, it is purely depends on how much you weigh on the power (that's the only difference - if you drive cars hard, the V8 will definitely give you more power, thus less stress to the engine when driving / accelerate at the same speed when the same amount of power is applied. So, it is up to you to make up your mind. Oh, the M45 will gives you a better image and is in a better class.

For the mileage difference, I would normally use $0.12 / mile between 25K to 40K if it is a 2007 model, for 2006, I would use $0.10.

As far as the price difference, if you are talking about the nav. system only, $2k might be right, but, if you go with the full list, which include: rear view camera, DVD entertainment system, Nav. Climated controlled seats, Adaptive cruise control, Self leveling headlight, wood trim, Premium sound system and some small things, I would be surprised it is not $5-6k more.
    I have an after market Nav. and now the Infiniti Nav. with traffic.I don't understand the negative comments regarding the M Nav. For me it is clear ,fun,responsive and relatively accurate.I now get to places I used to drive to, in new and quicker ways.I test drove the M35x's and they are wonderful.I did buy the M45x,not because I drive hard or fast, but because it truely is very responsive and allows the M to be more fun.Is it worth the difference in price?,probably not, but I am not sure the M is a car bought only because of price.Instead of having a very nice car with a lot of features,a person has a conservative sports car with a lot of features.I have no regreats.I hope this is helpful.
  • cnewhousecnewhouse Posts: 10
    Florida owners, If you buy or lease a NEW Infiniti after March 23, 2009, Infiniti is currently offer a reward program, kind of referral reward. It is a $500 AMEX gift card to the new owner and $150 to current owner. More detail at http://infinitiusa.com/rewards.

I am a current owner and have a code for the reward. If you recently bought a new Infiniti, you can contact me at countrypoint@yahoo.com.
  • dodgerdogdodgerdog Posts: 4
    About a month ago I purchased a new 2008 m45. Fast forward to this afternoon, I am looking closely a my rims and I notice there are tiny (just less than 1cm) blue splashes of what appears to be metallic blue paint on each of my rims. There is only 1 drop on each rim however. And there is no other evidence of this blue paint anywhere else on the car (i.e., I did not drive through blue pain as it is not on he tire or on the rest of the body. these blue dots are not symmetrical--tha is it appears someone splashed paint on the rims--but only one dot per rim and not in the same place on each rim.

So, I go to lunch today and in the parking lot of the restaurant and see a beautiful black new m35 (no license plates yet) and I go over to check out its rims, and it has the same thing!!!!

I bought my car in Sacramento and this one was in Riverside (some 450 miles away). also, this car had the polished rims.

does anyone know what the deal is? and how should I go about removing it?

thanks in advance!
    DD
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,371
    I'm pretty sure they mark the rim during balancing.. Either that, or it's the spot they mark to drill the hole in the rim for the tire valve.. (not the exact spot, just in the same radius on the rim).

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• keithandkeithand Posts: 10
    I was told by the dealer that it had something to do at the time of import/ inspection at Customs. Who knows why?

They are barely noticeable and best left alone as removal could blemish the finish.
    If you spray the rest of the rims blue, you will no longer see the dot.Good Luck
  • hakunamhakunam Posts: 13
    I am looking at 2 deals for a blue M35x
    1) 06 with adv. tech package, 33k miles, 7 yr/100k CERTIFIED at $0 deductible for 29, 200 OTD from infinti of chantilly, VA. They are offering 8500 for my trade-in.

2) 06 with adv. tech package, 52k miles, 3yr/36k extended warranty (by infiniti at $0 deductible) for ~$27k from an independent dealer. They are offering 10k for my trade-in. I got the car through a pre-purchase inspection at the infiniti dealership and it checks out fine.

so, out of pocket would be 20700 in 1st case and 17k in 2nd.

is 19k in miles and 1yr warranty difference really worth $4k?
  • buckypbuckyp Posts: 1
    Why would you not get $10,000 for your trade on the first deal? I would try that to close the gap some.

Also, are you sure the second car (or either for that matter) haven't been in a wreck? Did you get a carfax?

Your first deal sounds a little high to me. I just bought a similar M45 For $28,000 drive out. I do like the 7 yr/100k warranty though. Mine included that.

I think I would go with the first deal. You will have better peace of mind with a certified car with that kind of warranty.

Good luck
    Well, basically, both deal has the same warranty period, since the 3yr + 4 yr from Infiniti will make it 7, only the 2nd deal with less mileage coverage - about 12k miles less.

I definitely do not think that with the additional 19K miles on the car worth $4k. To be honest, the engine and tranny on M are the least thing I would worry about - they are bullet proof.

Either way, warranty is a waste of money. If it were me, I would talk to them and see how much they will come off w/o the warranty and go from there.
  • jms8090jms8090 Posts: 29
    Wow, I have to admit that I can't make heads or tails of all of the incentives that are out there with respect to an M35. I am not a returning owner/lessee, but I think that I would be eligible for conquest cash? I have a Toyota and would be going to the Infiniti. Can someone help me with the stacking of the incentives on either a buy or a lease? I am assuming of course that I should start with invoice minus these incentives and possibly some or all of the holdback. Any replies would be helpful. Thanks!
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Posts: 64
    I would like to know if the $5000 "marketing allowance" can be tapped into along with the $2500 "conquest" money towards a lease. The only restrictions listed on the marketing allowance is that is cannot be combined with the low apr offer. Anybody know? $7500 below invoice would be awesome and help offset the likely low residual on a lease for this model. Will someone also post the residuals and money factors for June M35's please?
  • shelly40shelly40 Posts: 6
    My M45 lease expires in 5 months....but due to things, I'd like to get the new car now.....

I was offered an M35, with the Technology package, and Sport package...for 47,500..

Sticker is about 52,200....

The dealer will pay my last 5 payments of about $800 each....so I'll no more responsibility for the car...

Questions are...

Does the dealer really have to shell out $4000 to Infiniti for my lease ?

Good deal , or pass on it....? or can they do better ?

Shelly
    The true market value says $49,100 for M35. So, the deal is good. Can they do better, maybe if they desperately want to get rid of it, but not by much.

As far as your M45's payment, I am sure they will handle it they best to their benefit. But, as far as your concern, there is nothing you need to worry about. If they find somebody to assume the lease, good to them, if not, they will be end up paying for it, which I highly doubt it.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.
  • I havent bought a car in a while so I am not sure if I am getting a good price.

2007 M35 Sport with tech package. 17K miles. 2.5 yrs left on bumper to bumper warranty + cpo till 100k miles . --- $32K.

What do you guys think?
  • It's a fair deal, but not great. That car is probably worth about $26K at auction. (I know, because I have a loaded 07 M35 with only 16.5K miles right now). Adding CPO and clean up costs the dealer 2500-3000. So, the dealership is still making a nice profit off you.
  • I currently have an 07 M35 with adv. tech & nav. Because I traded in my old car (a crappy VW), my lease payments are currently $537/mo. My 2-year lease ends in November.

At dealership today, they tell me that I can turn the car in now, and they'll put in a nicely equipped (Tech/Nav.) 09 M35 for a little over $600/mo. No money down for me (just first payment), and I don't have to pay the remaining 4 payments on my current lease.

I could wait a little longer and enjoy the low payments on my current car, but it's very possible they run out of 09 cars by next month, and then I'm shut out of all these incentives.

(also considering a G35, but it seems like the MF is so high on the G and incentives so much lower that it's really not as good a deal. Thoughts?
  • angtoangto Posts: 1
    Hello All, glad to see all you enthusiasts online.

I just bought a used 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport with ever single option except the wood trim and XM radio. I just love this car.

Background if you are interested or please see questions at the bottom: (forgive the Metric System & Canadian dollar numbers for my USA friends):

I have been driving older(+5 years) Cadillac’s as my last 3 cars, usually get them for under $12k out-right. $65k+ canadian new. Drive for 4 years then replace. Works out to about $3300-$3500 a year including repairs.

This time I had a few nickels to buy a little more car and was only look at the 2006 Caddy CTS and STS. I expanded my search to include Infiniti after reading all the used car reviews. The Infiniti had many more options and upgrades. After weeks of test drives… I found a 2006 Silver Infiniti M45 Sport with 66k_km for $26,400 plus tax from a dealership. Including new tires and like-new brakes replaced at 59K. More than I wanted to spend but so much more car ($71k new in 2006 woo hoo! $80k when you include the tax) Just love it.

2 Questions please:

i) Did I really get a good deal? Car was traded in after 4 year from single owner.

ii) I hooked up my Blackberry Storm to Bluetooth phone…Can I use my Blackberry to play music I have stored on it through the stereo? (or even hook up with connection cable).

Happy to be part of the Infiniti Family. I have found my new home.

• bmwfan53bmwfan53 Posts: 10
    Had a great expirience with the guys from Austin Infiniti!!! if you are looking for a great deal, talk with Akeem Disu.
  • dkny330dkny330 Posts: 18
    I have 4 months left in my FX35 lease and considering all the cash incentives and that this would be my 4th Infiniti, thinking of seeing if I would be able to get a new M35x with all the incentives and Infiniti just "forgiving" the last 4 months payments. I have a history of turning in leases early and paying for it somehow (and swore I would not do it this time), so wanted to see what's happening out there so I could have some ammunition when I go to the dealer.
    You may want to try the M45X.I have about 1500 miles on the vehicle and it is a great ride.Looks conservative,has all the toys(premium package) and is faster than my muscle car of the past.
  • tsoltsol Posts: 40
    Nothing has changed as far as "I" know. Unless you can get Infiniti to forgive your balance, your payoff is-what-it-is and releasing now means rolling the balance into your new lease or paying off the balance in cash.

Wait the four months, it won't kill you and you'll be able to find killer left over end-of-year deals around Thanksgiving. Go in the day after :)
  • jngo1jngo1 Posts: 21
    Would you folks kindly let me know how much is m35 08 sport packaged loaded with ~7K miles worth. Dealer asking for 41.5K, is this too much
    according to several sources, it should only be around 36K.
    thanks & kind regards
This discussion has been closed.