Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    Just a word of explanation - all caps in a post on a message board makes the post very difficult to read. Many people will just skip it, so you give yourself much less of a chance for your message to get to the people you want to read it.

It's just advice, and yes, you can certainly type your messages any way you'd like. People are sensitive enough to this that you'll probably hear that request some more, though. Messages in all lower case are easier to read than all upper, so that might be something you'd like to continue.

Drop me an email if you want to discuss this further.
  • targettuningtargettuning Posts: 1,371
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel new problems and potential problems are showing up every week with these? I did not know about the potential sealing bolt problem until reading these posts. It is my opinion, and probably what I will do, that one should just have the car inspected at the bolt locations where leaks could occur. No leak...no action. If new bolts are installed where no leak currently occurs you may end up with one anyhow. Is there some type of time frame within which these oil leaks are starting to show up? In other words, if you don't have one from new will one show up soon after...or never? I HATE to have mechanics or techs. or whatever they are currently called poking and prodding and disassembling and re-assembling things on any car I own let alone a new one. Yes, I understand this is sometimes necessary...doesn't make me like it any better.
    I guess I might as well schedule a whole day off when I return my Civic for its first oil change..there is that noisy right rear suspension, a TSB for a potential power steering leak...a TSB for these leaking sealing bolts and anything else I might not know about or might come up soon. I had hoped, with the purchase of this Civic, not to have to live in customer lounge areas of dealerships...getting fat on the free doughnuts...wrong I guess!!!
  • doan4udoan4u Posts: 105
    My advice, You vehicle still under warranties. I would take it to them and have it resolved. I assume there are more than one dealer in your neighborhood. Your vehicle is under warranties any Honda dealership.

I taken my car in last week to get my passenger door reallign because it wasn't set right. Yep, I was scare getting service. They lend me another new Honda vehicle for FREE for that day. It came out very satisfied service. ;)
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    the dealer where i have my civic serviced provides free loaner cars. Find out if your dealer does so you do not have to spend the day there.
  • targettuningtargettuning Posts: 1,371
    You have missed the point..as far as I know my car does not not suffer from all these possible maladies with the exception of the r. rear suspension noise. That said, I had a Ford at one time in the not too distant past and as a result had to rent a room at the dealership I was there so much. My fondest hope was that a Honda...a new one at that would put all that behind me. But noooo!!! Pretty much "tongue-in-cheek" humor at the moment UNLESS I start to see all this happen on my car... The one thing that isn't funny is my dislike for returns for service that require some type of in depth disassembly or the opportunity to get something greasy...nope, I have no evidence my dealer is slovenly just a general dislike.
  • To those who responded to my post about (A) Power Steering Fluid Leak and (B) The Engine Sealing Bolts issue...

The Power Steering leak obviously is a real leak, so I need to get that fixed. No biggie... they'll shuttle me to work and pick me up a little later when it's finished.

I'm inclined to agree with those of you who feel the engine block sealing bolt thing is better left untouched unless a leak should actually develop. It sounds to me like the bolts could be fine, in which case I would not want anything taken apart "just in case."

Last, as a former radio news guy, Mr. Broadcaster needs to learn that typing in ALL CAPS is helpful for the purpose of reading news copy out loud at arms length in a studio, but not necessarily easier to read on a Web page. They are two different things.
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My sweety pie :P
  • kero1kero1 Posts: 154
    Guys N Gals,

I was suppose to bring my car in this saturday but going in tomorrow and by chance I spotted a new problem and starting hearing another one

#1 Going in for A/C that does not seem as cold as it should. Compressor cycles on and off every 15 seconds on average and sometimes every 30 seconds on average

#2 Major noises come from right front of car when turning and or hitting bumps. Clunk noise that is getting louder

#3 See photo below. I noticed an oily residue building up on the right rear of what I think is the valve cover. See yellow arrows. I saw this when I got the car, wiped it off thinking it would not show back up, well it has. This problem I hope is not a major one.

#4 Alignment was fixed (have not hit any major bumps or potholes) and is off again, car pulling to the right like the day I got it.

Honestly even with the problems, I still love the car and the way it drives.

Any thoughts on the oil residue thing?
    Mmmm, Minor problems, Think your oil gasket is bad? That what happen when American auto assembly employees that got lay off and end up working for Honda. :P (joke) I shouldn't make fun on auto assembly, mechanic, union that got lay off at American Auto Plant. :cry: Yet, it possible Hond end-up with bad apple. :P Stil Honda still make good car, but not perfect anymore.
    Well I guess I will know tomorrow. I doubt the front end noise they will solve but the AC and oil issue, they better.

Will give an update once I know. If I get a call before lunch, odds are they did nothing, which is common, hehehe.

I still love my sweety :)
  • cybergypsycybergypsy Posts: 51
    People these are cars, they all have problems this is number 49 for me in he last 6 years. I love them and leave them.....minor stuff will happen......proud owner od a 06 EX Rallye red with Navi....and still loving it....">
    Yeeep, they are car. People just expect when it come to NEW car. There shouldn't be any problems to it ;) I assume when my car get older and older, problems will arise some how. :sick: But, we stil LOVE our car. We treat it like our own child. Some really don't care at all about there car. We wine, cry, and (beep) about it. Yet in the end. We still LOVE our car. :shades:
  • slateracslaterac Posts: 85
    Hi all,

I have been reading all of your messages and this is a great idea to have such a comprehensive forum.
    I am looking at a 2006 Honda Civic EX, AT, w/Nav and wanted to know what you all thought about when I should try and buy? I was going to wait until last August, after my birthday, or September when the 2007 come out because I thought the car might be cheaper then, although I'm not sure that's going to be the case which would mean that I could get it now for the same price. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

slaterac.
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    Down here in South Florida, my dealer in Hollywood Florida doesn't have a whole lot of Civics, as they seem to go out within a couple of days. And I doubt the price will go down by much even with the '07's due within 3 months or so. This car is selling extremely well, I don't think even Honda realized what a hot car it was going to be.
    Love my LX sedan...and from my crude mathematics, am getting about 32 mixed on the 1st tank. Very impressive.

The Sandman :)
  • slateracslaterac Posts: 85
    Sandman,

Thanks for the information. I'm really like the new civic but I'm 6'3" so I need to take it out for 24 hours and make sure that I can fit in it. I am also interested in the mazda3, although it has less front leg room and was wondering if any of you looked at it and what your impressions were.

Thanks again.

slaterac
    Hi slaterac, welcome! You'll want to look through the posts in this discussion also: Honda Civic vs. Mazda3. Enjoy!
    I moved some recent posts - let's meet up at this link to continue: Honda Civic vs. Mazda3.

See ya there!
  • narutonaruto Posts: 6
    Kero1,

I have the same problem with the Clunk noise that is coming from the right front wheel. My dealer is investigating, but the dont have a clue. If you know something first please let me know.

Thanks
    Folks, I've moved some more posts to the discussion at this link: Honda Civic vs. Mazda3.

Please go there to continue the Civic vs. Mazda3 comparo. That's the best place for those posts - this discussion is not the right one.
    Naruto,

I got the car back late yesterday.

For the A/C they said nothing was wrong but made sure the car had enough freeon or whatever the new refirgerant is called.

As for the clunk over bumps and turning for the right front of the car, they did not find anything but the guy told me it might have something to do with the struts or strut towers and for now I will have to live with it. No biggie though for now.

As for the oil residue on the right rear valve cover, they wiped it away and told me to see if it happens again which I know it will. They tightened up what they could and I will have to keep an eye on it.

Overall, It was most likely a waist to bring it in but better safe than sorry.

That's about it for now.
This discussion has been closed.