Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• user1235user1235 Posts: 84
    I would get the Si for its 200 hp and hopefully sub 7 seconds 0-60 time. But only if it's reasonably priced, which I guess is not much more than $20K. I am concerned about the "prices will come down to invoice after a while" assertion, because I'm pretty sure prices will be close to MSRP to begin with, and I don't have another 6 months to wait until prices come down.
  • definitely remind me of the Toyota Corolla (which I like a lot).

Why is the cladding so low? I've never seen a door ding down thur!

DrFill
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    Well, you could be right about the prices not coming down to invoice within the first six months, especially for the SI.

Question, when are you planning to by anyway? The Si doesn't hit showrooms until after the Selma Autoshow I don't think. You are aware that it won't be out in Sept when the regular Civics get here, right?

So you might be better off getting something else if you are in a hurry. Because it won't be here until Dec.

I have been on Edmunds.com since July of 1999 (Under the name Ella4), and I have personally watched consumer reaction and prices for the latest and greatest of the Top 3 Japanese class.

I can almost guarantee you that you'll be able to get a Civic for about $300-$500 over invoice within the first two months. Same things happened with the current Civic, current Accord and other cars.

Civics are good cars, but they don't command the same type of pricing that they did back in the 80s and early 90s because people know they have more choices today. And has BAD as Honda wants this new Civic, I think they'll play their cards right and offer good deals on it.

The previous 1999 Honda Odyssey went for MSRP all the way up to MY2003. However, with competition from Toyota with the Sienna, you can get a new Odyssey for about $500 over invoice or less.

If you look hard enough and maybe go to a large Honda dealership in a major city, you'll be able to get a GREAT deal, especially on regular Civics.

The Si though, might take a while. Since it won't be here until Nov/Dec of this year. :cry:

But regardless, good luck.
  • pedrosopedroso Posts: 2
    hi guys, this one's a bit off topic but what do u think of the current Civic Coupe's body styling? IMO it looks amazing. The redesigning of the front with the new feline-like headlights gives the current civic coupe a nice nice look. The new tailights with the clear circle is defintely cool too. From the side, it reminds me of a MB CL500 or something. Add some EX 15" rims and the 04-05 coupe looks outtta this world. I got mine about a week ago cause i wasnt happy with the looks of the 06 coupe....whaddya guys think??
  • corey415corey415 Posts: 49
    I think you should post in the appropriate thread. ;)
  • At first I wasn't impressed with the '06 Civic's looks either, but as I see more spy shots with different angles, I am warming up to the styling of both the coupe and the sedan, plus the great new tech they both will offer. I'll reserve final judgement when I get to see the car in person.

I agree though that the 7th gen's MMC resulted in a pretty nice looking car, I didn't like the look of the first few years of the 7th gen as much.
  • user1235user1235 Posts: 84
    current civic coupe looks great for sure. But I think the 06 looks better, especially the back and profile which is more slick. The current coupe is very similar to the current sedan but with only 2 doors. The new coupe is completely different. Basically the new coupe looks (=copied) like a scion tC.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    looks nice to me. I'm kinda sad that it doesn't have the Double Wishbones that my Civic has, and it costs more nowadays too.

Plus they took away the Remote Keyless Entry and the Power Locks on the Value Package. What's with that?

I will always like Hondas. My 1997 Accord was still very smooth and strong even approaching 100,000 miles, and my Civic, which I plan to drive indefinitely, has 97,000 miles on the odometer and still feels brand new.

Will the 8th generation Civic get a Value Package model straight from launch? Honda, in the 6th and 7th generation, has waited until the MMC to unleash the Value Package.

Since Honda wants to position the Value Package as the base model, why not just dump the non-airconditioned DX and rename the Value Package as the DX?
  • pedrosopedroso Posts: 2
    thx for ur opinions guys : )
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    I always thought it looked really nice. Had a long and low look to it compared to the sedan IMO.

But I like the 6th gen, so far, better.

I really like how the Spy shot SIlver EX model looks (minus the body-kit).
  • hi, I cant seem to find any pics of the rear end of the 2006 civic sedan. Anyone know where i can see it? Also any idea if vehicle stablility control will be an option like on the carolla? In additon is the 200hp only available on the coupe?

Thanks
  • ctalkctalk Posts: 646
    http://gallery.8thcivic.com/gallery/2006-Honda-Civic-Spy-Shots

I am not sure about ESC being optional on Corolla, but i am pretty sure 200hp is only availble on the coupe.
  • From what we know so far, the 200 hp engine will only be available on the Si coupe, although there is speculation of an Si sedan coming at some point. I'm sure the 200 hp engine will be reserved for the Si models only, so If you want a 200 hp sedan the only way you could get it would be if Honda releases an Si sedan.
  • chidorochidoro Posts: 125
    I am glad you find it funny. What I'm just glad about is that you are, apparently, trying to post w/in the guidelines of the thread.
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Posts: 174
    I've been looking closely at the photo links posted here, specifically http://gallery.8thcivic.com/gallery/2006-Honda-Civic-Spy-Shots/1299_G and I can't figure out the wiper configuration. Maybe it's because these photos are of pre production models but what are the chances the civic will have only one large wiper like the original VW Scirocco OR have a wiper set up like the Dodge Caravan? Has anyone mentioned this? The new windshield looks HUGE!
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,602
    T of V tends to be pretty accurate, but Honda does have a history of keeping the details pretty secrect until they want them releasesed. So, at this point, what we think we know may or not be accurate.

In general, I am more concerned with results rather than #s on paper. Otherwise, we should all be driving a Pontiac or something because it has more HP or torque!

Until the tests are run, no one really knows how the Civic will compare. 140 vs. 160 HP isn't that significant (IMO), since the real world results will depend on gearing, weight, etc. And Honda's traditionally have done well with a seeming power deficiency.

Don't discount the MPG factor either, especially these days. If the Civic delivers comparable (maybe slightly slower, but close enough and plenty fast for most people) performance, a possible 20% increase in overall MPG will be hard to ignore. Remember, some of the high HP cars don't get very impressive mileage (the 3s at 25/32 and tC at 22/29, both with a stick shift). An Accord does better than that!

For the sedan, most people aren't likely to be driving it like a hot rod, but the overall driving feel/handling/etc. will be of primary importance. The Si sounds like it should have plenty of juice for the sporty set.

To me, I would be happy if they kept the nice MPG, give it respectable performance, keep the slick clutch/shifter, and make it a bit roomier but also upgrade the handling and comfort factor a bit. From what I've read so far, it sounds like exactly what Honda is intending to do.

Actually, I want the 5 door version that we won't get, but c'est la vie!

Styling is subjective, so I will wiat until I can see an undisguised version in the flesh, although I do think that the Euro dash does look a bit overdone (from the pictures).

As always, this is all MHO, no facts implied or intended. :)

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• arizonajoearizonajoe Posts: 123
    Hi all - Will the 2006 Civic have an integrated key? Does the current Civic have that feature? (I know the CR-V does.) By integrated, I mean that the fob and the key are one.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    The Accord and 2005 CR-V have those. There are instructions on the web on how to make one out of your Valet key and an Accord key/key fob
  • rasmanrasman Posts: 10
    sadly in this country , the most popular cars ,will be the most stolen. can the new civic regain its "prominence" as the most stolen car? probably so.lol
This discussion has been closed.