Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• Do we have the info on the MSRPs yet?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Honda is rumored to be launching MSRPs tomorrow.
    Hondas, Toyotas, and Lexuses are better deals as brand new automobiles.

I sold my 1997 Honda Accord SE in 2002 for $7500. It had about 100K miles, was in clean condition, and in my opinion, wasn't worth it. A 4 or 5 year old Ford Taurus, with far less miles, would have gone for about the same price, or even slightly less.

But back to the Civic...
  • Thanx, what seems to be the word on when it will hit dealers? Are we looking Oct. rather than Sept. right now?
  • blaneblane Posts: 2,017
    Sedans and Coupes September 15th. Hybrids mid-October. Si December.
  • kernickkernick Posts: 4,072
    Yes I know about build quality, I'm an engineer in a manufacturing facility. I believe you said you could tell about overall build quality by looking at bumper and body panel gaps.

As I said that has very little to do with whether the vehicle performs well or whether the engine and transmission and all those other parts have good build quality. That is stuff that is not visible to you, and if it were visible you'd need a micrometer to measure variances.

If you go to auto shows and see concepts you can see many high build/paint quality shells of vehicles that have no drivetrain. They are art, and say nothing of how they'd perform or last.
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    "Yes I know about build quality, I'm an engineer in a manufacturing facility. I believe you said you could tell about overall build quality by looking at bumper and body panel gaps."

Please re-read my post, that was not said.

"As I said that has very little to do with whether the vehicle performs well or whether the engine and transmission and all those other parts have good build quality. That is stuff that is not visible to you, and if it were visible you'd need a micrometer to measure variances."

God help me!!! :cry:
    We're looking at Mid-September for the most popular models (DX, LX, EX Sedans and Coupes) and then maybe October for the Hybrid model.

Si shouldn't be around until Decemberish.
  • w9cww9cw Posts: 888
    mvs1 - Psssst...build quality is not simply body panels lining up, it's overall manufacturing within tighter tolorences subsequently adhering to advanced Quality guidelines.

That's correct. And, if body panel tolerances are not kept within tight limits, it begs the question of current mechanical tolerances and build quality of that marque as well. Build quality is not just of sheetmetal fabrication, but of engine, transmission, and other mechanical sub-systems. The driving experience and reliability/durability is important, but performance, especially the continued discussion of HP, becomes less relevant as the years pass by.

You don't have to whisper in my ear about knowing a quality vehicle, I've been buying Asian and European cars probably longer than you have been alive.
  • On Ebay it is difficult but not impossible to find fantastic deals.

Such as

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4572265812&fromMakeTrack=tru- - e

2004 Civic EX Coupe, 20,364 miles, excellent condition according to inspection, automatic transmission. Kelly Blue Book says it worth $15,530 (private seller)
    and (with 2 days 1 hour left to bid) it is going for $8,246.

I bet by year's end a few 2006's will pop up on ebay. Within 2-3 years, good deals will be rare but existant. Within 5 years, steals will be common.

Of course for those of us in the moneyed elite, we can enjoy the frivolity of buying new, so as not to risk contamination by the unclean surfs. :P
  • mvs1mvs1 Posts: 462
    "You don't have to whisper in my ear about knowing a quality vehicle, I've been buying Asian and European cars probably longer than you have been alive."

Driving a Caravan and looking at a Kia??? I'll say this out loud. Go for the Kia and let us know how long before the check engine light comes on.
  • I've been wondering what my next car would be for a few months now, but that all changed when TOV release the stats a few days ago. I absolutely love this car. The 05 already had all the features i was looking for, but thank god I waited. Now I get more HP, better MPG, telescopic steeringwheel whith audio controls, MP3, an AUX jack, side curtain airbags and some seriously funky styling. It's a little strange, but I dig it. I'm really happy about the new i-VTEC and 5-speed auto. I plan to use it as a commuter, and cruising at 80mph for an hour and a half on the old VTEC and 4 speed whould have meant higher rpm's than I am comfortable with. This new setup is right up my ally. Now if Honda would hurry up and post an online brochure, I'd be ecstatic.

On a side note, I've been reading this thread for a few days and I'm see less 06 civic posts and more whiny, defensive rants. Can't we just let it go already. :sick:
  • 307web307web Posts: 1,033
    Garbage post. That eBay car has salvage title.
  • creamyam said "why fwd the scion tc has rwd and burnouts are cooler rwd "

Did you just say the scion tc is RWD???

All of your posts have just lost their credibility.
  • True, but the car was fixed, I don't see what the problem is. If you can get 40% or more of a discount over the KBB price.

My point is that although rare, deals exist. Many people are saying that Civics are useless new because their high resale values mean that you need to wait 5 years before a deal can be found. I'm just saying that that is not always the case.
  • I am very excited about the optional voice activated satellite navigation system in the 2006 EX sedan. I am a bit curious about how it works. I know other systems require DVD's of regions in order to funtion. Also what is the monthly charge if it is truly satellite oriented. How easy is it to use? Do you input addresses verbally, manually, phone numbers?

If someone has used the system before or knows about it, I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer these questions.
  • ^^^ ya i so wanna know :cry: :cry:
  • Let's stop the bickering about build quality. We're focusing only on the Civic in this discussion, and not on the build quality of various manufacturers.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• similar to Accord and Acura NAVs, No monthly charge. If you want to get updated DVD every 18-24 months it costs about $180. Very , Very easy to use. The NAV voice works very well; also audio, AC are integrated. If they enable the bluetooth and you phone is bluetttoth capable it communicates with your phone. I have the 2005 Accord NAV it does npt have bluetooth but all theo ther functions. The new Civic line looks awesome !
  • chronochrono Posts: 149
    The new civic looks to be a home run but I've been searching for info to see if and which models come with 4 wheel disc brakes. Drum brakes are out dated but everyone still uses them on lower model trims.
This discussion has been closed.