Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• micwebmicweb Posts: 1,617
    105,000 on the Civics, too. But "tuneups" are a misnomer from the old rotor-condensor-conventional spark plugs era. It is true you aren't required to replace plugs or adjust the timing until 105,000 miles, but the dealer will still certainly manage to knick you for $500 or so in maintenance/preventive maintenance every 30,000 miles.
  • It is easy enough to not let the dealer do unneeded and uncalled for maintainance and keep your $500.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    The K20 in the current Civic Si, RSX, RSX-S has a 105,000 mile engine maintenance interval. And has been since 2002.
  • sr45sr45 Posts: 144
    Very long time ago, I asked my Dad for a car.... Reply was, " Sure thing Son. Go out, and buy one ". Few days later, I joined the Army, saw the world and drove a jeep for Uncle Sam... Most of the Kids in school at that time ( 1964 ) drove bicycles only... Now you see them with cars..
  • im 16 and im getting a new car big whoop.
    its a 2006 honda civic si, and im not spoiled :D
    And im probably the best stick shift driver here, im 16 but i know how to drive stick and very well at that
  • YEAHHHHH????
    what the hell is going on HONDA :mad: . The 2006 Si 0-60 is 7.5???????what the #@@$%%#@#%#@# why sooooo slowww for a 197 HP with LSD i defenetly thought that it would go at leats 6.5 or lower. Honda said this Si is the fastest si they buit but the 1999 Si did 0-60 in 7.2 WHAT is going on im defenetly not buying this civic. Honda punched my face and it hurts :sick: . AT least it looks good. If anyone know that if im wrong or made a mistake PLS telll me.
  • calm down
    i heard maybe 6.5-6.7
    those 7.0+ are estimates
  • And im probably the best stick shift driver here, im 16 but i know how to drive stick and very well at that

It's not your ability with a stick that's in question. I'm sure your quite capable, but probably not as good as me. It's the fact that your 16 and driving an 06 Si. Your 16, all 16 year olds have a need for speed, but not the judgement of when to dish it out. Is your dad even aware of what a racing performance vehicle this is? your better off with the sedan civic. I wouldn't buy an Si for my son and he's the most responsible person I know, even compared to all the adults I know (straight A's, general sterling scholar, scholarships and the works.) Sorry, even he doesn't get an 06 Si. He's also wise enough not to even want an 06 Si. He's perfectly happy with his Toyota truck.
  • arent 06 civic si meant for teens?
    it appeals to me and nothing wrong with that
  • i was about to buy a 03 eclipse which isn't even considered a sports car and UNDER my mom's name it was 3500 bux a year!!! for a 3yr old car, for a 06 CIVIC SPORTS PACkage kind of car i'll expect that to double if not triple unless you like own the insurance company or their like the stupidest insurers ever
  • calm down
    i heard maybe 6.5-6.7
    those 7.0+ are estimates

I'm sure it will depend on the driver. My understanding is that your in 3rd gear when your reach sixty in the Si. Your 0-60 time will be dependant on how good your foot work is. Cruising at 75 mph, your in sixth at approx 3,000rpms.

For instance, the best Vette has a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds (Ferrai country), but your still in first gear when you hit 60 mph, although your a little over redline. I'm sure much of that excellent time is due to the lack of shifting.

Their is not one person that hasn't come back from a test drive in the Si that hasn't been astounded with it's performance. Fun is a sure guarantee in this car. I wouldn't worry about it. It's been said you won't find a car with this sport performance at more than twice the price.
  • i was about to buy a 03 eclipse which isn't even considered a sports car and UNDER my mom's name it was 3500 bux a year!!! for a 3yr old car, for a 06 CIVIC SPORTS PACkage kind of car i'll expect that to double if not triple unless you like own the insurance company or their like the stupidest insurers ever

Shut up i can get insurance on the car 4 $5000 a year and i dont mind
  • I was wondering--has anyone heard of the possibility of the new Civic being offered in an HX-like package in the future? (By HX-like I mean a higher MPG, non-hybrid, gasoline or diesel engine.)

I realize that Honda would much rather sell Civic Hybrids at a higher price, but with the outlook for gasoline to remain in the high $2/low $3 range until at least the end of 2006, I expect that at least one car maker will break from the ranks and offer a low-cost/high-MPG car in the US. (If VW had an appreciable market share I'd say they're already doing it with their TDI, but I'm thinking of something from a bigger player.)

Perhaps Honda plans to do that with the Fit/Jazz, but I would love to see a $15K, 50MPG Civic.
  • i doubt 2006 civic si will be that expensive for me being 16
    i know plenty of people at my school about my age with 2005 mustangs bmws mercedes and lots of expensive high horse power cars. This civic si is reasonable, and will get a reasonable insurance cost
  • Creamyam
    The only reason their insurence rates will be "reasonable" is because
    the car was bought from their parents and it's their parents who the car is under so it will be cheaper. If it was under your name alone expect rates to be over 3k every 6 months. And more then likely if you even get the 06 Si, your parents will buy it for you. Your line about "And im probably the best stick shift driver here, im 16 but i know how to drive stick and very well at that " proved your age was at the most 16 before you even mentioned it.
  • The car will be insured under my name
    the car will be mine
    Dont ever try and fool insurance companies, just not a good idea
  • with the new Si, it's 8300rpm ;)
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I wouldn't buy my teen a brand new Si. And my teen is smart enough to not want one when he turns 16. He's got his eyes on my 99 Value Package :blush:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Just because some members view this as a vehicle designed to appeal to teenagers doesn't mean we're going to let this discussion devolve into All-Star Teenage Smackdown. Personally-directed posts have been removed.

Also, this discussion isn't monitored in real-time, so please be patient as it may take a few hours for hosts to review posts. Or, if you feel so inclined, you can e-mail me to let me know.

Back to the Civic.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.