Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Civic Sedan 2006

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    trying to track down an ETA on that. Thanks for the reminder.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• yesrohyesroh Posts: 290
    It only takes about 20-30 hp to go 60+ mph, maybe less. Maybe they could shut off only one cylinder if this is a problem. It may not be used much on the Odyssey but it improved EPA numbers by 3mpg highway (that's 12%) and 1mpg city (5%) and that's pretty good, especially if you would apply that to the 30/40 mpg for the Civic.
    The cheaper Odysseys get 19/25, and the one with the VCM get 20/28. The only difference I see between the two models is the VCM and subsystems that go with it. It's only for low-load operation, yes, but it looks to be very effective.
  • Hmm. Maybe I'm longer legged than in the torso? :-)
  • I'm pretty sure the bolt pattern will be same as the Type S's
    5x114
    But can anyone confirm this for the 06 Si?
  • sms92sms92 Posts: 13
    Has anyone heard when/if the civics will get vehicle stability assist - - maybe 2007 or 2008? Perhaps there is something about this on that mysterious honda chat transcript. Is vehicle stability assist now on many small, economy sized cars? I live in Chicago so this is an important feature to me and I hate to buy this year only to have honda offer it as an option in a year or so (I believe this year VSA became standard on the Accord).

Any opinions?
  • obie2obie2 Posts: 20
    So far I have one written offer for $100 under invoice in L A area. (are they starting to crack?) Has anyone heard of anything lower in this area. Thanks, Matt
  • No one has cracked around here yet (NYC metro area and suburbs). However, I don't think it will be long. They are tyring to fleece everyone and it's a joke. I bought a civic a few years ago from a local dealer, paid more than I had to because I appreciated the experience, had full services as scheduled..........and now, when I ask them for a little off invoice, they don't return my email. That just goes to show you. Extreme greed!! Don't give in.
  • My step-dad got an offer of $400 off a white Civic EX Sedan. He loved it, but ended up going with a silver '05 Accord LX sitting next to it. The Civic would have been $19,200 +ttt and the Accord was $18,650.
  • sr45sr45 Posts: 144
    Agree with mcap56.... Show them who's boss.....Not going to happen for awhile. Too many fools running around, thinking the civic is the best thing since apple pie. Its only a car for goodness sakes.... Wait awhile and the price will come down. It will come down faster if the fools would just hold off for a month or so.
  • bigal3bigal3 Posts: 107
    Now we already have the price of the EX Civic coupe.....anyone of you have any news on how much are the Si Civic coupe?
  • For those of you who already have an 06 Civic - I need someone to try a little experiment on the CD/mp3 player.

Please play a CD with an mp3 file on it, and let that song play a for a few seconds. Then shut the car completely off. Then turn the CD player back on - and let me know if the mp3 file you were previously playing starts playing exactly where it left off.

This is important to me. I listen to very long mp3 files (hour long). These are talk radio files I download off the internet. My current after-market CD/mp3 player in my 95 Civic will start playing these long files exactly where it left off - since the last time I turned the car off. If this weren't the case, then I would be forced to try and fast forward through 15-30 minutes of the file - to get to the point I stopped listening before (impractical).

I believe this may be referred to as a "resume" feature.

Steve
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Plus, your calculations are way off. Every civic that I've driven has had a "fast" speedometer by about 5%, meaning that you didn't get your calculated fuel mileage.

The speedometer might be off by 5% but the odometer, which is used in milage calculations, by law has to be very acuurate (less than 1% error). The two are not necessarily related.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,695
    I am sure they will hold the base sticker price of the SI to $19,995 just for the emotional/sales value of staying under that $20K threshold. That is what they have stated they intend to do.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• DING DING DING! We have a correct answer, and the win! :D

Now Johnny, tell him what he's won! ;)

Sorry, just watched part of the price is right. You are correct though.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    Honda products are notorious for speedo error - that does not translate to odo error. The worst was our '96 Acura RL - speedo was off by nearly 7%, but odo was flat dead-on - I checked both against highway markers many times.

Our '98 and '01 Accords had similar, though moderately less, speedometer errors, but once again, the odometers were off way less than a 10th of a mile in 5 miles of measured distance driving. No connection.
  • bigal3bigal3 Posts: 107
    It sounds too good to be true. Then the new 2006 Civic Si with 200 hp will be priced almost same as the new 2006 Civic EX with 140 hp ?
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,695
    No, it will be about $2K more than an EX coupe. Remember, that price for the SI is stick shift only. The EX coupe has most of the same equipment, so you pay the extra $2K for the better powertrain and the limited slip. The SI is a total bargain in that context, but the REAL test will be whether the public thinks the EX coupe is overpriced (and whether ALL the new Civics are overpriced).

One other difference: the SI's powertrain has been around with minor tweaks for more than four years, whereas if you buy the EX you get an all-new powertrain with ULEV emissions (and way better fuel economy). And can you get NAV on the SI? I am not sure.

Now, I DO wonder if they will be able to keep the price "down" to $19,995. Perhaps it will be $20,995 by the time it arrives?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• I own a 2004 Honda Civic LX but I am going to buy the new Civic when it comes out. I got my 04 Civic 17%off MSRP in May 2004 (thats almost $800 off Invoice price) :D
    If I buy the 06 Civic this year, it will have to be during the last weeks of November or early December. If not, I will have to wait until March or April of next year.
    Do you think that I can get almost such a good deal during the November/December time? Or would I need to wait until March/April?
    I am not afraid to shop around and say no if I don't like a price so that is not a problem.
    Well, hope I hear from some of you soon...
    Thanks
    PS: If there are any dealers out there, what is the slowest time of the buying season?
  • Yes, the Civic will be available with Navigation. However, even as a salesperson, I am unaware of any pricing on the Si model. Our dealer is not scheduled to receive any until some time in December.
  • Does anyone have actual photos that they have taken of Atomic Blue? Is this an actual depiction of what the color looks like or is it lighter than this photo................

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/photos.cfm/photoid/3050901.001/pageview/photo/photo/1118/si- ze/large/honda/1.html
  • The perfect time to buy isn't always necessarily a specific time of the year. Manufacturers put of great incentives on cars throughout the year. Yes dealers are generally more flexible with pricing during the winter months when things slow down, but be sure to check pricing periodically. Sometime a special program can make all the difference.
  • Where is the sunroof control switch on the new Civic EX model located? I am happy to hear it is a one touch control. I have an '04 and must admit, the placement of the sunroof switch by the driver's left under the dash is not user friendly, in addition to being so close to the electric mirror switch. which makes the driver have to take his eyes off the road I hope they put it where it belongs, between the map lights at the roofline. Whoever placed it in the previous model should have their head examined. Also, the electric mirror switch could be better designed and placed. Funny how something as small as this can be a major ergonomic factor for someone.
  • The switch, if I remember from my test drive, is near the map light/rear-view mirror, etc... Proper placement, wouldn't you agree?
  • obie2obie2 Posts: 20
    I'm sorry, I meant $100 off MSRP. Anyway, I'm thinking like your step-dad. If I can get an Accord for the same price, why should I buy a Civic. Gas mileage is one reason, but I,m having a hard time justifying a decision based on that. Matt
  • Hi everyone,

I'm planning to visit a Honda Dealership sometime tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone could give to me hints or tips on the ways of negiotating for a 06 Civic LX sedan.

Thanks
  • yesrohyesroh Posts: 290
    Be sure you know your cars. The dealers might try to push you up to an EX and then feed you a lot of crap about why it's such a great deal. Be sure you know about the cars and don't believe anything they say unless you can confirm it.
    Be prepared to walk out if you don't get what you want. You can always walk back. Civics aren't endangered...if you miss one, there will be another right behind it. I liked to deal over the phone because it eliminated that intimidation factor and allowed me to move from dealership to dealership quickly and also to have my information readily available.
  • Thank you very much yesroh. I actually spoke with one of the internet consultant online, and she said that I could get an 2006 Civic LX auto sedan, including taxes and tags for around $16,800. I couldn't believe it and she told me that I need to come down to the dealership and we can then talk further.

Thanks again.
  • looked back and couldn't really find it it has something to do with brakeing anyone remember that...........
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Posts: 2,363
    Just go to Honda's website - the differences are explained.

Briefly, without attempting to be complete:

-Sunroof
    -Alloy wheels
    -Disc brakes all around
    -Brake Assist
    -Sound system upgrade
    -Slightly different interior materials / trim
    -Availability of the nav system, if that means anything to you
    -Some different color choices

The LX strikes me as a good value; the EX does not. Whatever you want....
This discussion has been closed.