Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Bronco

96bro96bro Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
i like the new bronco , but i think thy should call it bronco 11. I would like to see them come out with a full size. Like the one i seen on line that was ford excursion cut down

Comments

• andyman73andyman73 Member Posts: 322
    I love that concept version. They can make a Bronco II version off the Ranger platform, and the bigger one can be a 2 door Expy. I just hope they make it, no matter what platform gives up the rib for it.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    It'll be similar in size to the original 66 Bronco, like the concept car is. Doing so also covers a market that will appeal to the retro crowd who remember the original, and have the cash to buy one.
    I would take it just as shown from the car show circuit. Especially with that stump puller diesel w/nitrous(or propane) set up. That thing is totally sweet! Even the new Mustang barely makes a wave, in comparison, in my pond. I would take it in the same color scheme, too! Make it a beefed up version of the Escape. Would be close in size.
    So would I! It's a darn cute truck, just like it is.
    I've showed every pix from car mags(I get 4 every month,way down from @10 before marriage)to the wife, and she says if the price is right! She wants me to get a small suv for my next, with awd or 4X4. That Bronco would look sweet in my driveway, especially in classic color schemes. And probably handle my annual hunting trip to Potter Co. just fine, too!

Wife would prefer a Lincoln version for herself, tho'. :)
    Sounds like a good woman you got there! In my home, we do it the other way around-I drive the Navigator, she drives the Mountaineer, but the principal still applies.
    I suppose we could always end up with a Bronco and an Aviator. Then we'd both be happy. She was a little concerned to hear that the Av was going away, till I showed her the pics of the new Av concept. 'Course that would never see the rougher side of driving. But that Bronco....well, let's just say, it would earn it's keep!

Hopefully we can hear something, soon, from mother Ford, about our little Bronco.
  • unka punka p Member Posts: 2
    build it, hurry, we, no i want to buy one.

thanks, unka p
  • togloondatogloonda Member Posts: 16
    better not have a center console
    put a dash mounted shifter on it, and save the room
  • lexusrockslexusrocks Member Posts: 56
    The Ford Bronco concept should be built. Ford has hit a homerun with the new Mustang, and if the Bronco is produced it would no doubt very popular. Judging by the ground clearance on the concept, the Bronco should be able to tackle anything a Hummer H2 could. Check out the link. Even if they never produce this Bronco, how about a two door Expedition based version? Who likes that idea?

http://216.117.199.231/Ford-Bronco-Concept/Ford-Bronco-Concept-007.jpg
    I like it - but I'm not sure it'll be the hit, or have the mass appeal the Mustang has. There would doubtless be some demand for the two door SUV again, but it's not as practical as the 4 door, and it may have the staying power of the Thunderbird...... But I've been wrong....
  • lexusrockslexusrocks Member Posts: 56
    Does a Hummer H2 come across as a practical vehicle? No, of course not. I don't see the point in driving a 6400 lbs. monster, that gets poor fuel economy, as well has poor visibility. The vehicle also has a very cheap looking interior. Despite all this, the H2 sells here in the Middle East like crazy! It's not a practical vehicle. Even the Mustang isn't a practical vehicle, yet people are buying it beacuse of the low price, the power and the looks. Similarily, if Ford were to release the Bronco the way it is in the concept, I have no doubt that Ford would have a runaway success on their hands. Anyone can appreciate a tough SUV with real off roading skills. This would probably be Ford's first legitimate off roader. Ford should release the Bronco concept a year from now, when the Mustang mania fades.

However, if Ford were to make the Bronco a two door Expedition, I doubt the Bronco would be a runaway success compared to the concept............
    Sure agree with you about the H2 interior - hate it! Hate most GM interiors though....

Not sure that Bronco is going to see daylight though. Wonder if the Jeep Commander is going to make it to the Car lot?
  • nasadonasado Member Posts: 1
    im way to old fhasioned.

i hate almost any remake of any car, the old styles are always better looking, im not to fond of this bronco but hey.......im 1 out of a billion.

anyway you guys should check out my bran new car discussion site www.my-ride.net
  • ellie05ellie05 Member Posts: 1
    i like the new bronco i would definately update my collection with one of these, i'like that ford kept this one similar to the original as opposed to the fairlane concept they came out with.
  • forddude1forddude1 Member Posts: 6
    they said it would be built on a fiesta platform? makes offroad expecting a kick but 4x4 say WAT THE! it will either be like the jeep patriot or toyota fj cruiser or something will can all hope!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    I've edited the discussion title to match our format.

Do you have any more info on this vehicle? Spy photos or links to stories about it?

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• lexi4lifelexi4life Member Posts: 181
    What's a CUV??
    cuv is compact utility vehicle
  • creatinecreatine Member Posts: 1
    i want one of these new broncos before they come out, are there blue prints for them
  • lamontadrien03lamontadrien03 Member Posts: 1
    if the bronco comes back i think it would be a hot seller with the teen gen.. but thats only if it looks cool
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    ME too. Hopefully, It would use the V6 as in the edge or the 2.3turbo as the Mazda CX-7 or Mazdaspeed6 and upcoming MazdaSpeed3 with all wheel drive as an option :D . If ford goes crazy, it should use the V8 in the Explorer if it was any bigger! Hopefully its no :lemon: !
    all-wheel drive is for panzees.It should have 4 wheel drive and body on frame with solid axles to do some real off-roading
    HOORA!U.S Army Rocks!
    I have heard rumors that ford is making a REAL Bronco with the looks and legendary offroad ability(real offroad ability not sissy new land rover stuff)and everything.I heard it would be on the new thai ranger platform.with a 5.0? maybe.I also heard the feista platform suv would be the ecosport.as for toyota they are bring back the fj and jeep is updating the wrangler.
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I'm glad to hear it. I am tired of these mamby pamby wannabe SUVs. I loved my 1984 Bronco. Then came that POC Bronco II and things have gone down hill since. My 1964 FJ40 Landcruiser was good except for a poorly copied Chevy engine.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Hi forddude1,
    We really like to focus on a single vehicle in each discussion on the Future Vehicles board, so we'll make this one about the 2009 Bronco. If you want to talk about the Wrangler or FJ Cruiser, please do a search for existing discussions, or let me know and I'll point the way.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• buddy13buddy13 Member Posts: 2
    The only real Broncos were the early ones; pre-1974 or so, :P :P :P
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I remember the early Broncos quite well. I went on several Tierra del Sol Safaris in the 1960s. The trail was strewn with broken Broncos & Scouts. The Jeep & FJ40s were the ones to beat. My 84 Bronco was not great off road. But I liked it for hauling my boat in and out of Lake Havasu. I traveled all over the desert with it. I had fat tires for the sand. By the early 1970s the Broncos had matured into a decent off road vehicle. If you had the bucks to get Stroppe to set it up.

That said a new Bronco that would work well in the sand would be on my list.
    Hopefully, It would use the V6 as in the edge or the 2.3turbo as the Mazda CX-7 or Mazdaspeed6 and upcoming MazdaSpeed3 with all wheel drive or 4wd as an option . If ford goes really retro, it should use the V8 in the "new" Explorer if it was any bigger! Hopefully its no :lemon:
  • tburchtburch Member Posts: 2
    From what I read depending on how the FJ Cruiser from Toyota sells it may determine weather or not Ford will bring back the Bronco. I don't think that Ford will put a V8 in the hopefully future Bronco unless they make it an option like on the new 2007 Sport Trac it would be nice though but I think if it takes the same body shape as the concept it would be ok to have a 210hp 4.0L or even better the 4.2L V6. I think gas prices will play a major part in the development of the Ford Bronco.
    I agree 91%. The other 9% of me is saying "PLEASE CHANGE THE DESIGN!!" If anything it will use the 2.3 in the mazdaspeed vehicles or the 3.5 in edge/mkx/cx-9 triplets. Thats the most rational. Talk about dejavoo :D :mad:
  • jtanner98jtanner98 Member Posts: 1
    I've been driving by a 71 bronco for sale on my way to work for the past month or so that keeps begging me to buy it. I've been a bronco fan for many years - and have always wanted an older version. Does anyone know what these go for? The guy is asking $6500.
  • tburchtburch Member Posts: 2
    I saw older Bronco about the same year here in houston it looked like it was in great condition but I don't know how good the motor was and it was about $6000+ cause i was like i want that but saw the price and it was to much for me.
  • odie6lodie6l Member Posts: 1,173
    Are we talking about the re-design that Ford showed a few years back in Detroit as a concept as the 2009 model, or a totally different design? I personally liked the concept that was shown a couple years back, just as long as they don't try to make it massive like the Expedition.

Odie
    Odie's Carspace Garage
    It'll be about the size of the Mazda 3 or Volvo S40/V50. I'm hoping it'll use the 2.3turbo in the Mazda 3, 6, and Cx-7

-Cj :shades:
  • ascenderascender Member Posts: 2
    I've been obsessed with the FJ Cruiser since its into in Detroit two years ago. The only reason I don't own one yet is that I've been fighting buying a 100% Japanese vehicle, hoping the an American company will put out something as appealing. If Ford built the Bronco AS SHOWN in Detroit, I would race to a dealer. But once again, it looks like the concept was only a tease. But I will wait until the Detroit auto show, and see if they do something that will give me hope. If anyone knows anything - rumors, even - please pass it on.
  • bobbobson68bobbobson68 Member Posts: 1
    I think the Bronco Concept is ugly, and I can't really imagine anyone buying this. Retro is cool, but not in this case. The original Bronco is not very cool. It didn't get cool until the second generation. I love the late 70s plus, and I own a 82. I think it would be really cool if they made a super duty, or even f150 style 2 door bronco, or even just a much shower excursion, to be popular it doesn't have to be some crazy way out idea. If people want a bronco style vehicle 2 door 4 seat truck then it will work. I think now adays though we are to busy to be considerned with climbing into the back seat.
  • ascenderascender Member Posts: 2
    The Bronco concept and bobbobson68's idea of a "cool" Bronco are quite different, but they have a major commonality; ruggedness. Ford needs a rugged SUV - something along the lines of the old Bronco, or a Wrangler, the FJ Cruiser, or the "New Bronco".
  • supertoyotasupertoyota Member Posts: 5
    the new is just going to be a knock off i will just stick to the old school stuff
  • dani333dani333 Member Posts: 1
    Need to know if anyone out there has info on the new Ford Bronco....when is it available to the public....I'd like to purchase two
This discussion has been closed.