Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid and Buying Experience

svnsvn Posts: 4
I am looking to buy a 2005 Cayenne V6 or S in the Boston area...thought I'd start this thread to see what prices are being paid and also to find out who are the best dealers service-wise in the Boston area....I like to buy where I plan to service...

Comments

• highenderhighender Posts: 1,362
    in Bay Area are being offered at a relatively huge discount. Expect to pay $6000 off MSRP for the S model, and $8000 off the turbo .

I think the dealers are really behind the times in providing excellent service....though my dealer/service advisor goes out of his way to please me...brought the cayenne in for alignment and oil change , and he gave me a rental car and a free full tank of gas....

good luck on your search.. :)
  • highender,

Any idea what discounts may be on the V6 model?
    How fast is the V6? Is it even worth considering? Finally, what are some Bay Area dealers or even any in CA that are giving large discounts for year end models. Thanks for your input.
  • Saw an '04 Cayenne S, Titanium Silver, 21K miles for $46,000 in the local paper.
    I'm not all that familiar with the V6 models, but am sure the end of month and end of year sales will give you more leeway in terms of bargaining.

I hope you can wait 3 months...because typically December is slow, since people are buying gifts (small) , so they may be more willing to bargain......

I think Oakland Porsche is willing to bargain down....and just stick with it....and you will get the car... :)
  • highender, thanks for the tip. Am really liking the Cayenne S, now.

For some reason, I'm thinking you're in the Bay Area.
    I am....got mine at the Oakland dealership...

good luck.... :)
  • bobp7bobp7 Posts: 41
    hi highender, etal:
    went to test drive the 3 vehicles noted above and have cut the decision down to a clear winner, the cay s. even though the one i am looking at doesn't have all the options i believe having the guts underneath the cay are more important than the toys on the fx.
    my concern is one reliability - there i have my doubts about the cay after reading the boards here and at another site.
    looking for some cay support...
    btw, the pricing is under 55k but no nav; bummer - any way to get it reasonably?
    thx!
    bobp7
  • jacjac Posts: 1
    Is anyome familiar with the maintenance costs of a Porsche Cayenne?
  • This website has a section on maintenance costs. You can look up the Cayenne's projected maintenance costs by clicking on the TCO, True Cost to Own, feature on the Edmunds home page, under Top Features.
  • Or, you can go to the Porshe Cayenne pricing and review pages, scroll down to the maintenance section on the left margin, and click on that. This will give you local shop pricing based on your zip code.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,867
    Definitely visit our Maintenance Costs section to get the service schedule and pricing for your area. You might also want to look at the True Cost to Own calculator to determine other possible costs.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

wait 3 months...and buy it in december...where you will get end of year, end of month, and 2004 model clearance prices...

a lot more bargaining room there...

I like the Cayenne....most on the boards know that....the reasons are many...
    1- Like you said...the guts....the engine. The engine is hand built and bench tested. Does that mean something ? No, not to a lot of people. But to a few aficionados...it means the engine has been built with love ( not worth much ?) , and has been hooked up to a dynometer, and made sure it produced the stated horsepower. If it does not, the engine tech must take it apart and start over....it must past the HP test....and torque tests....etc....just like AMG engines, and a vast majority of racing/exotic engines....

2- the problems that you hear may be limited to some fine tuning of components, or some part failure. These happen even to Hondas. My toyota had problems too. I am not discounting they exist....just saying that they may be minor teething pains
    nothing like the krypton bike lock.... ;)

3- best combination of 4x4 and race car that I have seen yet...though the FX45 comes close, as does the BMW. BTW, if you go to their forums, you will find problems there also...
  • drcjdrcj Posts: 7
    Just a note about my own cay s, I came out of owning 5 Landcruisers and the best advice I can give you about what I've seen at my dealer and talking to other cay owners is that the more little goodies your cay has, the more initial visits you'll have to the dealer. My visits were every other week for about 3 months with over a dozen defects, some of which are now being updated again.

The overall Quality is great except poor dash ergonomics for HVAC and audio and a nagging hesitation in the throttle, the initial quality control from Porsche on these cars is poor. Just expect to buy a car that will have whatever issues handled by the dealer...

so check in with the service dept and see if you get a good impression, are they real (humans) or arrogant? What will they give you for a loaner? My dealer really cares about my satisfaction and I would have sold the car long ago if they didn't... I now have about 8k miles and the

It's a fun ride if you can be really tolerant the first 6 months.
    oops, left out that that my cay s is in at 8k for new tires ( came with bridgestones ER30's) and an alignment.

Great brakes and suspension along with mountain driving have taken a toll on the tires. I am hoping that in the spring I'll get the snow tires off and find some Michelin or Goodyear that will fit. The selection is slim at the moment so I just put on dunlop snows.
    it seems like some people have some issues with their car, but others have no problems....

perhaps the issues are more random, than systematic...'

though there are some systematic ones...like the remote sensitivity, or lack thereof..
  • svnsvn Posts: 4
    Thanks highender, just picked up a CS 05 for 6000 under MSRP...I was in a rush to buy it over the weekend, but I believe if one were to wait till December, some really good deals will be forthcoming...especially with dealers who have 04's sitting on their lots...in that case, Porsche is holding 05's at port leading to an eventual pileup of inventory around the year end.
    congrats...svn !!

I did not want to wait, so bought mine right when it came out....so paid a premium...

Recently I was selected by a research group Fisher Associates (maybe hired by Porsche ?) to answer an in depth survey regarding the cayenne.

I rated it very high overall, but did mention things like the remote sensitivity, need for large wheels to be at least an (no charge) option but standard, improvements in luxury features, so it will be able to surpass the Range Rover in that aspect. I know the engine already surpasses the Ranger, as do all performance related features.
  • nigelunigelu Posts: 6
    Hello Gardencar, did you end up buying yours yet, I'm in the bay area as well and looking for a good deal on either the V6 or S, what have you been quoted so far?
    Any advice much appreciated,
    Nigel
  • svnsvn Posts: 4
    I definitely agree on the luxury features....its amazing that some cayennes don't have autodimming rearviews...that's a standard feature on corolla's now!...
    well, I guess we can always step on the gas and there would not be a car behind (except receding )
    ....... :) J/K

well, perhaps they will add that next....

I just reach up and adjust it(mirror) myself...
  • I have been looking for a new 2004 Cayenne V6. I used both AAA Auto program and Costco Auto program to get a quote. AAA gave me the dealer at Redwood city but they didn't even contact me. Costco gave the dealer at Fremont but the salesperson is hard to deal with. (Ignored and missed my emails many times. Lost my fax number twice. I had to keep calling him for him to find me a car. And he wouldn't show me the quote unless I come to the show room.)

Since I was tired of that salesperson, I then used Edmunds to get a quote from Stevens Creek Porsche and the salesperson there is much easy to deal with. The quote I got is about $1000 below the TMV price from Edmunds. Anyone thinks this is a good deal?

Did anyone use Costco or AAA Auto program and get a good deal?

Thanks,

kaipingma
    I used Oakland Porsche, which gave me a great price for my cayenne.

I did not deal with Fremont.

Stead's in Walnut Creek was fine also....but may want a higher price due to its location in a relatively affluent neighborhood...

good luck
    Hello again all, I am curious if there are any known changes to the '05 version of the cay s? I heard P is going to up the horsepower on the turbo but I'm not sure if that is a rumor or real? Anyone up on this?

Gratitude
    you are right...

power is going up for the turbo, to about 500
     for the "S" , the power will go up too...

as will the V6 ...but that is only what the car mags say....
  • jburschjbursch Posts: 11
    I have seen postings which indicate that one could get larger discounts for 05's ($6-$8K off sticker) for cars ordered to spec vs. purchasing off lot? Looking to purchase a v6 or S soon in the Los Angeles area. Thanks in advance.
  • frank9frank9 Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    went looking for a C04 this weekend in long beach but was talked into an executive demo CS04 (with 1500mi) with nav, comfort seats, moonroof, 6 cd changer, park assist and 4 separate climate control for $55K out the door. Just wondering if this was a good deal. The options arent important to me, with the exception of the moonroof. Just wondering what people are seeing year end for the CS in la area?
  • Hi all, have just settled on a cayenne, V6, silver with black leather, pretty well loaded with Nav etc, MSRP was $54195, agreed on a price of $48 720, $1k above invoice, this was in the bay area. Hope this helps
  • jimveejimvee Posts: 11
    Just bought an 04 CS in SW Fla. MSRP was about $65k, paid $58, which was $2k over invoice. Not sure we haggled enough, but happy. Came with nav, comfort seats (enhanced memory), 6-disc CD, tire pressure monitor (not working yet), 19" wheels, moonroof, and elec. comf. package (homelink). Carmon Red with Grey interior probably kept this one on the lot for awhile!
  • I'm in the market for an 05 CS. Which dealer did you deal with in the bay area and how did you like your experience?

Thanks....
  • I got my 05 C at Stevens Creek Porsche, dealt with them over the internet first and then went for a test drive, drove several cars, they seem eager to help. I cannot benchmark them against others as I only worked with Stevens Creek. Starting your position dealing with invoice plus seemed to work OK.
    Cheers