Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne Prices Paid

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
    Legit concern... A lot of dealers have trouble with their checks.. some are checks, some are drafts.. There is a legal difference, though I'm not sure what it is..

I'm surprised they didn't match the rate at the dealer, though...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• eugkimeugkim Member Posts: 1
    chance 6, I just went thru a similar process with my Cayenne Turbo. It was a leftover 2004, discounted 11.5k. Another dealer said they were just trying to get rid of it, couldn't compete with the price. I waffled for some time, juggling the thought of savings now vs. trade-in value. Certainly, edmunds.com True Cost and KBB make it seem that buying a leftover is a HUGE losing proposition. What my dealer did was to certify my car, now giving me a 6 years/100k miles warranty. Although I paid extra for it, it was an easy choice - given the choice, if I were buying a used Turbo, same miles and price, I'd pick a certified 04 over an 05 with a standard warranty any day of the week. .

In terms of your deal, I would think they are below invoice and dipping into their holdback at that price. 56k from an MSRP of 66k is over 15%; I believe that typically invoice is about 12-13% of MSRP. Plus the dealer always adds in the regional advertising, etc. to their invoice. Your deal, to me, seems pretty good. In my case, I tried to squeek out a little extra, asking for winter floor mats thrown in, but they wouldn't budge. I could tell they were at absolute rock bottom with their price. In your case, it looks like they are really trying to move that car. I'd be surprised if they came down much more. If you get anything, you'll be lucky. I think they'll laugh at 6-7%. Someone else will eventually buy, even to save $1000 or so. Having said this, I did see one instance of a leftover 2003 Turbo - that'd be a tough sell for me at almost any price, unless they certified it for free and sold it at a loss.

I hope I'm wrong - good luck, and remember that the dealer's ability to certify that 2004 can add value to the deal.
  • tsyganoktsyganok Member Posts: 6
    Hi! Want to find dealer who will give Certificate of Origin without titling in order to export.Would somebody help?
  • newpeppernewpepper Member Posts: 5
    Does any one no what the delivery date range would be on a May "build" Cayenne S? I customed ordered my '05 CS at the end of March, they told me that it would be built in May and didn't seem to offer much more info as to when I should expect delivery. I am counting the days, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Expect I don't know what day Christmas is.
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    I have a June build on order and expect delivery in August per my dealer.
  • lleecpalleecpa Member Posts: 35
    We need help with negotiating for the best price on our possible purchase. We are considering the followings at the Dealer - 1. A 2005 Demo S model with 3300 miles, MSRP is $62,545 and sale price is $55,545. 2. A loaner car, 2004 S model with 8,378 miles, MSRP is 60,500 with the sale price of $49,500. Based on the postings that I have read, it looks like we can possibly negotiate 15% off MSRP. So based on your experience, should we just purchase a brand new car (with color that we like) and negotiate the price down? Or should we grab either one of the deals mentioned above? Does anyone have their GPS system? How do you like it? We might get a 3rd party GPS.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Price - have anyone asked for Costco pricing for the Cayenne S model? How much less than ths MSRP? We are trying to find out best way to get a great price. If all possible, we would like to negotiate price and arrive to an agreeable number before returning to the dealer again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • svinaiksvinaik Member Posts: 84
    If you are not intending to sell the vehicle , go for the 2004 and save some more money. It is at a very attaractive price. Does any of these vehicle have the PCM unit? (probably not looking the MSRP) . I think without it, Cay looks a bit empty inside. It adds to the interior look and Porsche has very recently upgraded the navigation software to add lots more data. but if you can get 15% off the new why even worry about the demo / used because that is what you are getting on the used.!!!I had gotten almost 10% off on the new back in Aug 2003 butthen I went for specific options and color.
  • romerome Member Posts: 19
    Looking at an '04 CS with full leather and about 3,000 miles.
    Dealer is asking $53K. KBB price is about $55K.
    I see posters here indicating 15% discount below MSRP usually available, which would amount in this case to about $8,000 off a $53K sticker. That is, a price of $45K.

Am I missing something here?

I haven't started negotiating with dealer yet, but I prefer to make an offer which is reasonable, but firm, and I am trying to get a sense of the right number. (Here, $45K?)

Thanks in adance for any wisdom on the subject.
    Just read on money.com today that Cayenne sales is down 27% so far this year. They have only sold 4424 units as of 4/30. The sales person has called me twice in one week. Since we have test drive the car, I would rather just negotiate the final sales price over the phone or via email then just go in and sign the contract. I will test the water and tell the sales person about 15% off MSRP and see what he will say. Any wisdom or tip would be greatly appreciated.
  • chance6chance6 Member Posts: 13
    Be careful with that one...I was quoted 15% off MSRP on a 2004 Cay S model last month. Truthfully, the car depreciated from $66k to $56k in one year, so it wasn't really a "deal". That's MSRP on a car one year old with low miles. I'm totally convinced that the way to go on a Cayenne is one that's about a year old with less than 12k miles, and get it certified by Porsche. It tacks on 2 yrs and extra miles (up to 100k) on the warranty...a limited warranty, but a warranty nonetheless. For a crummy engineer like me, that's important.

I was trying to sell my car (a BMW M) and might just wait...that new 375 hp model coming out might be a better ticket. I would figure that the 0-60 time would go to around 6.0 sec ?
  • cayenneslookcayenneslook Member Posts: 4
    I have been shopping a Cayenne S with Nav and Air Suspension. MSRP is about 70K and they are offering about $6K off for a sale price of $64k. This deal does not seem as good as others that i have heard on this message board with 15% off MSRP.

AM I missing a better deal here? Also, if you know of any dealers that you like to work with, please let me know.

Thanks,
    I emailed the sales person at the dealer where we have test drive the Cayenne and asked what would be his best price for a new S with PCM and 6-year 100,000 miles warranty. We didn't care for anything else. I mentioned we are members of Costco, AAA, credit union auto buying programs etc. He offered $3500 off MSRP for two cars that he has on the lot. Those two have MSRP around $66K. We have put down a deposit for Lexus 400H model and will probably wait it out or wait for 2006 S model. Just read the JD Power report that just came out. Porsche has 147 problems for every 100 new cars (1st 3 months of ownership). That's ranked toward the bottom.

I am taking the advice from one of members in the Porsche forum to negotiate via email or fax and when the deal is sealed (price agreed), send the wire and pick up the car. I don't want to sit at the dealer for hours try to negotiate the price down.
  • punch1punch1 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at a Cayenne V6 that stickers at $52,525. Invoice cost is $44,003. They are quoting me @ $46,425. I have tier 1 credit. I am looking for a 30 mo. lease. They are quoting me a money rate @ .0032. ( Isn't this high?) The miles are 12K. The Acq. fee is $95.00. Gov fees. $17.95. Taxes are $1947.60. Doc Fee of 388.00. Total initial payment of 2022.21. Adjusted Residual $30,406.50. The payment is $866.40. The money rate he said is from Porsche. I think it is way too high. What is my next step? Is there any other part of the deal that I should be looking at?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,740
    Porsche money factors are usually high.. At that price, there is no way I would lease the car..

You can borrow $48,500 at 4.9% for 60 months, and the payment is only $913. At the end of 30 months, you would owe less than $26K on the car.. And, that is with nothing upfront.

On another subject:

Both Porsche dealers in my area had ads in the paper yesterday for '04 Cayenne S models... One dealer had three remaining, with $10K off MSRP. The other had 9 remaining, with $14K-$15K off MSRP.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nsx91nsx91 Member Posts: 1
    They are trying to scam you. I've purchased more than six vehicles with Captial One and its predecessor People First. Five of my purchases were very smooth, however, I ran into a situation similar to yours when I purchased my last vehicle but when I insisted that the dealer accept the check, call Capital One for verification and run my credit check they agreed to accept the check. Bottom line: they make money off financing. Call Capital One and tell them to call the dealership's General Manager and everything should be ok.
  • mandyr1050mandyr1050 Member Posts: 9
    Started looking at V6....but then we drove the V8! We're looking at buying a 2005 (or 2006) Cay S with Coven, Touring, & Activity (susp) pkgs. Also XM, Turbo Wheels, Tire Pres Mon, Heat Ft. Seats & Str Wheel. Black inter but can't decide on Titanium, Black or Basalt Black Met. for exterior. Looking in MD area. MSRP is 73 (56 + lots of options) -- any thoughts on what price I should try for? Also--trying to decide whether to do it NOW or worth waiting for 2007 model. Opinons on colors, options, price and dealership experiences much, much appreciated! :)
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    While I can't comment on buying now in '05 or waiting until '07 (that's more a function of your budget, where the MD housing market is going to be, condition of your present car, etc.), Titanium IMHO is an awesome color, relatively easy to keep clean, and fairly rare. I see lots of black Cayennes.

While the heated wheel is "free" with heated front seats, be aware that it probably won't be of much use to you in the Middle Atlantic states and isn't too warm anyway. Additonally, a heated wheel means you can't get the neat wood wheel. You could get a wood wheel and still put money in your pocket if you went to the non-metalic black.
  • galvanggalvang Member Posts: 156
    Try different banks for lease. Leasecompare.com is a good place to start. Also leasewizard. com. Leasing is sort of of crap shoot if you don't know how it works. You could be taken to the cleaners. The length of the lease, the residual value, the price of the car and the money factor are the most important parameters that will determine your mo payment. There are some good deals for lease if you know where to find them. Good luck.
    Okay...looks like we're going with ordering an 06. Retail is $72...dealer offered to split the profit (he'll drop $4). This still seems quite high--am I wrong?
    Thanks.
  • stomp32stomp32 Member Posts: 38
    I have basically the same offer from my dealer in the SF bay area. 6% off MSRP for an 06 Cayenne S. He doesn't know the exact price but expects increase of two to three percent over 05 model.

I dealt directly with the internet salesman who is also the sales manager for the store. He gave me the offer right off the bat with a $1000 deposit. I tried to see if another dealership would give me the same deal but it took a bit of negotiating and I definitely felt more pressure there, ie "if I can meet that number, you'll buy right now?" They also wanted $5000 down. So I went with the dealer I felt more comfortable with.

Interesting to note that the dealer I ended up buying from offered the same 6% off MSRP for the 05s and would not go lower. I guess he figured he could sell his remaining allotment to the "I gotta have it right now" crowd with no problem. The dealer I rejected actually went as low as 8% off the 05s and I think he would have gone as low as 10% off. But IMO, it was better to order an 06 to my exact specs.

Car will begin build in August, and hopefully delivered in October. It's a whole lotta money, especially compared to the Lexus GX, but I don't regret it one bit.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been researching these cars since they came out and my husband and I finally decided to do it. From reading the boards--I was really thinking more along the lines of a 10% discount...I've called a few dealers and am waiting to hear back--but I don't expect much. The fact that there are changes coming for 2007 bothers me...but I guess you just have to give in and go for it at some point! This is not a practical decision for me...and I keep trying to talk myself out of it--but then I keep thinking...life is short...and if we're going to enjoy this car 1/2 as much as I think we will--then just do it! (And get a second job to pay for the damn thing! LOL!)
  • billyg2billyg2 Member Posts: 30
    test drove the cayenne sunday on a 97 degree day @ porsche of nashua (nh).
    we asked the salesman if he'd take 8% off the MSRP of an 06. he agreed. he also
    agreed to give us a cay for 2 days since my wife was concerned about the engine
    noise as compared to our X5. the experience so far has been a good 1 & we'll pick up the loaner in a couple of days. he felt an 06 order now would be in the end of august. figure we'll ask for 12-14% when we're ready as the next starting point.any word on the $ for the 06 models would be appreciated since the salesman didn't have a price list yet.
    that's pretty cool that the sales person will drop 8% right away. Are you in Southern California? I am still debating when would be a good timing to buy my Cay S. The car with the color I wanted is coming in this month..I wonder if I should wait until Sept...when 06 will be in shortly...any suggestions?
    ma but just over the new hampshire line. there are a handful of boston dealers in my area but this 1 is the closet & would like to buy from them. my advise is to go for the 06 unless your looking @ savings of around 15% off MSRP since the 05 will be 1 yr old once you drive it home.
  • stomp32stomp32 Member Posts: 38
    Here in the San Francisco Bay Area the dealers do not seem to realize that Cayenne sales are down about 30% compared to last year. I decided not to order an 06 at this point because I know prices will drop once the 06 models arrive in two months.

I asked the salesman if they would let an 05 CayS go for 10% off MSRP, just to gauge his reaction. He acted as if I had asked for his first born. Since I was the only customer in the entire store at 3pm on a Saturday, I thought he would put up a token fuss and then gladly relent. Nope. He let me walk.

The biggest thing in the buyer's favor is patience. When the lots start filling up with 05s and the 06s have to be unloaded off the ships, something's gotta give. Not to mention the Cayenne's less than stellar reliability rating, which granted most of us are willing to put up with, but not at anything near MSRP.

The salesman will call me back. He has already called me five times before asking me to come in and take just one more test drive. Then I'll ask for a custom order 06 with 8% off. IMO, buying an 05 at this point is a losing proposition unless you can get at least 11% off. Dealers are still looking for the uninformed buyer who wanders in and thinks that $2000 off a PORSCHE! is a steal. As far as the Cayenne goes, those days are over.

I'd like to know how much negotiating had to be done by those that got 10% or more off their purchase. Based on my experience, these folks had to go through trench warfare to get those prices. Either that or I'm a horrible negotiator.
    Well I've been courting a Cayenne S now for almost a year, and knew that paying $60k was out of the question for me. So, I have patiently waited and in a few days I'll likely be the owner of an '04 S with 6000 miles, black on black. It is roughly one year old and I'm getting it certified by Porsche to add to the warranty. I'm getting it for $45k, which is roughly a 25% discount off the $61k MSRP. It has no moonroof, no heated seats, no PCM, only park assist and full leather. It's all I need (along w/ the Bose system). I'm going to get Satellite radio installed by a 3rd party, and the 18" turbo rims. That should do it for me.

The whole key to this was patience (and getting one with almost zero options). They're going to give me a free oil service, and I'll pay for the Certification. My belief is that EVERY potential buyer get at least 8% off on the Cay S, and probably more with heavy options. A base Cayenne S has a $7k gap on invoice vs MSRP. With options, that gap widens. Even if you go $1000 or $2000 over invoice, don't worry, they're making their precious $$. You also must consider depreciation!!! Get a good deal or walk baby!
    brought back a cay after a 2 day test drive then drove the S for a 1/2 hr. & was
    completely blown away in the difference in power. the sales manager @ nashua
    porsche audi (nh) offered us only 6% off an 06 cay due in by halloween & 8 1/2%
    off an S 06. we could get more off an 05 but had decided on an 06. we are going to a dealer closer tomorrow & will try to negotiated for 10% off an S 06.
  • thinking2thinking2 Member Posts: 25
    Purely the base model w/ Tiptronic -- only option on it is floor mats. Negotiated 8.7% off MSRP and had them throw in a dealer installed sat radio. Do you think I got a good deal? I assume I would not be able to get as much off percentage wise since there were no options on this car.

Any thoughts??
    Billyg2, I don't exactly where you live, but I live more than an hour away and bought an 05 Cay at Porsche of Nashua. We have been very happy with the customer service, loaner policy, etc. When you walk into the dealership they greet you by name, the Service Manager's desk in right out in the Showroom not hidden in the back, and they are pleasant people. IMHO I wouldn't grind for the last $300 only to wind up buying it from the largest car dealer in New England (Chambers) or from Inksip in Providence with all of the accompanying hustle (i.e, optional warrantys, no loaners, shorter hours, etc.) . Remember its not the price on the first line of the invoice that counts, its the total cost.

Incidentally, the BMW store just up the road from Porsche of Nashua not only doesn't have the product (Cay) but their management style went out after the Korean War. I went up by appointment one Saturday to see a couple of certified X5s they had listed on the official BMW North America web site. After a lot of back and forth, they couldn't show them to me because they didn't have them. They hadn't even taken them in in trade yet!

I strongly recommend the guys at Exit 5.
    blckislandguy, thanks for the reply! yes, everyone there was very nice from the receptionists who baby sat our chesapeake bay retriever while we went for the S test drive to 1 of the the mechanics who advised us to buy an S if we did mostly stop & go driving. pass weisz however is closer since we live in carlisle & we'll check them before making the final decision. oh & tulley simply just doesn't get it & we would never buy another bmw car from them again. say how much did you get off msrp?
    "How much did you get off msrp?"

Well, its a long story. Suffice to say that with Section 179 I paid about 31K net for a 47K Cay. I wouldn't have bought a Cay (or anything new, really) if it weren't for the Section 179.

I found it hard to get (and I've posted this earlier) a Cay without lots of useless options. Inskip acted as though it was my fault for not wanting to buy NAV (we live in New England; if you can't find I90 running East/ West and I95 running North/ South, maybe you should move) and "soft" leather. Soft leather for those that have not been on the Porsche web site costs a bunch extra and looks as though a high school prom couple spent the night in your Cay consummating their 2 week "relationship". Inskip allowed as how they could order in a vehicle but sniffed and said they "had never done it before". If Roger Penske ever hears about this, heads will roll in Warwick.

Chambers was more accomodating but had Cays mostly in various shades of black. (Regrettably, it snows in New England. Black looks good only for three weeks a year.) I called Pass & Weiss because I liked their low key ads and that their service manager apparently is a Ph. D. (I recall seeing an ad for mechanics in the Boston Globe asking applicants to call Dr....). For some reason I never went there (maybe I do need NAV: where the heck is Carlise?).

The clock was ticking, literally. My lobster gear was all out of the water and I had to do something. My wife thought I was nuts and refused to discuss the issue anymore with me. Friday, 28 December was the last business day of the year. So, I left for Nashua at 9:00 AM with a friend. The boys in Nashua had a great selection in good colors. I didn't feel that they resented me for trying to buy a car from them. I gave them a check and asked them to call me when it cleared. My friend and I got back into the F150 and went home.
    we walked into pass & weisz, sat down with the salesman who said he'd
    give us a great deal buy taking $2500 off an S. we told him porsche of nashua offered us 9% off & immediately he said he'd match the price to win our business. i walked out of there not too impressed since the dealership was cramped for space, the bathroom door was right next to the seat i was sitting in, & loaners consisted of audi A 4's while nashua lent out cay's. anyway i called nashua up & said if they matched 9% then we had a deal since nashua had actually given us 8 1/2% off as their rock bottom. they called back & came up a 1/2 so this afternoon we drove up from carlisle & wrote up the 06 S. yep it was black with some goodies msrp of 64 & change and no nav system. oh and carlisle my friend is next to concord right over the nh boarder. the expansion of rt 3 really makes it an easy trip for me to exit 5. 9% off makes me happy & they still make 4 geez & change according to edmund's invoice. it should arrive sometime in oct.
    Nice going. But tell us the rest of the story. What kind of upfront money did they want to secure the deal? Is it refundable? ( For 60K and change you and your wife could have driven home today in the 911 Carrera in Teal that has been in their showroom since March.)
    Wow, with you folks arranging close to 10% off MSRP for an 06 model, I'm wondering if I've overpaid for my basic v6 05 Cayenne -- no options at all on the car except the Triptronic and floor mats and I got 8.5% off MSRP. I was assuming that is about as good as I could get considering the car had no high priced options to negotiate further consesions from the dealer. Was I too easy in negotiating??
    a grand on plastic & we were in business. loaded the gem with xenon's,
    wood trim, aluminum roof rails, cd change, upgraded stereo, light comfort package, compass, moon roof, & the power stearing upgrade. no nav! refundable??!! it's a porsche man! can't wait to get it! the dealership get's an A -.
    so you didn't tell me where you live.
    thinking2, so you got 8 1/2% off. still a solid deal. the S has more room to wiggle.
    i struck the deal @ 9% with 5 grand less in options then we added on once we went back to do all the paper work. oh 1 last thing, we didn't realize that a loaner cost 20 bucks wether you have 1 for a day or 4 days it's still a charge of 20. i think the charge is a flat 20 regardless of the length. never had to pay for a loaner before but i guess times are changing. the salesman said the delearship is under an umbrella of 5 dealerships total & this has been a a policy for several years. oh well, @ least the loaners are all porsches! so what dealership did you buy your cay from?
    Midwestern Auto Group in Columbus Ohio (another similar umbrella dealership -- something like 12 brands). Great experience, no pressure. Even agreed to let me bring the car in for a car wash anytime I want (I have mentioned this was type of service extra other luxury dealers provide -- also tried to get free oil changes, but do deal there). They made no mention of charging for loaners. Though in general I am suprised they don't provide top-of-the-line service (either free maintenance or other benefits).
    I'm debating whether to get other accessories (cargo mat, rubber floor mats and roof racks) from them or buy 3rd party. Found 3rd party on the cargo mat and rubber floor mat with decent pricing -- unless the Porsche versions of these have their name on it, my guess is 3rd party will be a better choice.
    many years back i bought floor mats from cannon or some outfit like
    that. i personally didn't care for them. my X5 has bmw rubber floor mats
    along with a cargo mat that i like. i'll order the rubber porsche 1's even if
    they cost a few bucks more. as for the roof rack, i'd get the 1 from the
    dealer since if they scratch it they'll fix it.
    I hate it when salesmen won't be straight and apparently, $2500 off MSRP on a Cay S is a "deal". What a bunch of garbage! Nice job getting a good deal. I am amused by this forum...I find I laugh with a lot of the sarcasm in here.
    so chance when are you taking the plunge? i mean it's a porsche
    not a car! the 06 S went up $900 & the wood trim package increased

the dealer won't be noticable. live for today baby!
  • 20072007 Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone have any info on the '02 Cayenne refresh to come out next September (2006)? I hear each model will get 30-50 HP increases (V-6 will be 280HP) as well as somewhat significant exterior redesign. Any links/websites would be much appreciated as I am considering trading up on my '05 V-6.
  • ethan777ethan777 Member Posts: 27
    if you cant live with the price they are asking for the MSRP, then get a used. a well loaded Cay -S with options(navi, xenon,heated seat,pcm,bose 300watt system and so on..) can easily cost more than 70G. which you can get it one year old for under 50k that's how much you are going to save. spend all day try to figure out either can get 8% or 10% on a car not even fully loaded just doesnt seems like a great deal for me.
    i bought a brand new in 2004 (i wanted the car badly)paid 71G not include taxes which is 8.625%(another 6G)right now exactly same car cost under 50G in the market,lose 26G a year on a car, that will make me think again when buying another new car next time.
    Ended up with a different deal with a different dealer -- 11% off MSRP for a 2005 Cayenne v6 (that only has a couple grand in options). Also arranged to get Rubber floor mats, a rubber cargo mat, roof rails and the large roof box, all four for $1150+ tax. Great dealer experience -- very happy owner!!!
  • gary1378gary1378 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone help me out
    I am in a limbo mode
    cant decide if i should get a Cayenne V6 or The V8 S series

i have seen most deler go for 10% off MSRP
    whats the MSRP for V6
    and MSRP for S series

i am talking about bare bone Cayenne with no options later i will add options like PCM but want to make up my mind with V6 or S and what price diffrence

Any help really appriciated
    I am looking to purchase a '04 Cayenne S with low miles (i.e. under 20K).
    Pricing seems all over the map based on www.porscheusa.com search engine, cars.com and autotrader.com, ranging from $49K (even at some dealers) to $56K. One dealer in Ohio told me that they just sole a demo model with around 5,600 miles for $47K (it was an S, but light on the options).

I am looking for the smooth leather option (seems to be a little hard to find on the S) and have made firm offers on cars at 2 dealers at $49K, only to be laughed at...with no counter offer even forthcoming. I am a little confused about the actual market value of these cars and really don't want to overpay.

I would be most appreciative of feedback on buying experiences for a low mileage '04S, including dealers that they would recommend.
    Not sure on the S, but I can tell you that an absolutely bare-bones v6 (with Tiptronic) will have an MSRP of $44,915 (that includes the Destination charge, but not tax and title charges). The invoice for that car is $39,329.

You should be able to get the MSRP for the S on the Edmunds website -- I believe its around $12,200 more than the Base v6.
    Hi all:

I decided to stop screwing around looking for a used, low mileage CS with the options I wanted and went ahead and ordered a custom build '06. On the advice of others on this board I went to Porsche of Nashua. Dealer gets an A plus...very helpful and easy to work with.

It will be a Sept. build, with delivery expected in October or possibly November.

Ordered the following goodies:

Basalt Black Metallic
    Full Leather (like the CT, hard to find on the S)
    Heated seats and wheel.
    Bi Xenon
    Moonroof
    Mats
    Sirius Satellite radio
    Turbo Wheel
    Roof Carrying System
    All Season tires on '18 inch rims
    Ski Bag
    PCM 2.1
    Colored Caps

MSRP $69,475 (including destination), but a discount in the range others on this board suggested them got from this same dealer.

Can't wait to get my hands on this vehicle. I currently drive a BMW X5 4.4, which I really like, but after test driving the CS pretty extensively I think it takes all of what the BMW does to another level.
    rome, great choice! also ordered basalt black with havanna
    beige interior. no pcm, roof carrying system, sirus, full leather,
    or ski bag. all other extras the same as yours plus compass,
    light comfort package, cd changer, variable assist power steering,
    gloss light wood, & roof rails. i think the roof rails although some what
    of a waste do look sharp against the basalt black. our salesman
    talked us into the power steering option. the sales manager told
    us that hardly anyone orders the wood trim package & he attributed
    that to a "new hampshire thing". yep, so far the dealership has provided
    a solid experience. so how much did you get off? our S including the $815
    destination charge came to $65,605 msrp before the 9% discount.
    billyg2--

Mine came to $69,475 (including $815 destination charge), but before the discount, which was nearly the same % discount as yours.

I agonized over leaving out the light comfort package and the memory seats, but I had to cut options somewhere because the full leather was over 3 G's, and the PCM was too, and I was at the outer-reaches of my budget. I also initially ordered the thicker steering wheel, which I like in the 2 seaters, but I after seeing it in person on the CS, I decided to nix it (especially for $985!). I also considered the exterior "blackout package" but decided the alluminun trim looked sharper, especially set against the roof carrying system and because of the titanium interior accents.

I really can't wait to get this car, but I am a little concerned about the hesitation problems some people here have complained about. I am counting on this either being solved in the 2006 build, or a simple fix by the dealer. (In the 2 Cayennes that I tested pretty extensively, I didn't experience this at all, although one of them did seem to have a little boost delay, sort of like a turbo lag, and the other seemed really "torqued up" in comparison. (I attributed this to the software/programming issues people have described). It wasn't nearly as dramatic as the person who described nearly being killed in one of the other edmunds threads.

Thanks for pointing me to Nashua on your post. Based on my experiences with other dealers (namely IRA in Peabody) it was sage advice. IRA basically gave me what I thought was an obviously high price and when I made a counter-offer to invite negotiation, they never bothered to even return my calls or e mails. A couple days later I purchased the car in Nashua. Their loss. Other dealers around the country offered similar discount to Nashua, and some slightly more, but they were really nice and an easy drive from the North Shore.