Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus VX 470

13»

Comments

• thegriffonthegriffon Posts: 12
    All I will say is that everything here about the next-gen is wrong. The new V8 is not 5.0, 5.4, 5.5 or 6.0 L. It is not VX (nerve gas). Sequoia-based JX470 may not happen after all, despite practically no-one buying the LandCruiser and LX in the US. But a new LX is coming soon, sharing a new V8 with the next Tundra. New Escalade will be here next year, and media shown previews say it is to die for. Mercedes will also have a new large SUV, the new G-Class or MLG-Class, much more expensive though.
  • chris65amgchris65amg Posts: 372
    I haven't heard a thing about the nex gen LX, though., so it can't hurt to speculate.
  • carnutincacarnutinca Posts: 35
    If the past is any predictor of Lexus in the future, then a full size Tundra/Sequoia based flagship SUV is my guess. Look at the Forerunner/GX470 who share the same platform. Platform sharing is essential for a feasible cost structure. Also, note that the MB M class has a "stretch" version called the R class coming out this fall. It will be about $65,000 equipped comparable to an 06 LX470. The Lexus V8 is basicly the same across their LS/GX/LX/GS(400) models.

So if the new Lexus V8 is not the displacement that you write, what is it, and how do you know this??
  • I actually like the styling of the LX, even if its 7 years old. I wouldn't mind seeing a 4th SUV added to the Lexus lineup....ie VX. The VX would go against the Escalade, QX45, and Navi. While the LX would go against the Range Rover, G-class. I can see the VX more of a RX than a GX or LX....meaning like not much off roader....highway and city use. The LX would still stay...the awesome 4-wheeler it is now. And then I would make the GX more 'sport' oriented, less off roading...to go against the ML, X5, Range Rover Sport. The RX will still be the same, the good car based SUV it is.
  • chris65amgchris65amg Posts: 372
    People think that the LX is really old, and I'll agree that it isn't a new SUV by any means. It is, however, a superir off-roader and with the added 40 hp tweak for this year, it isn't underpowered as it used to be. I'd probably go with a Land Cruiser, but I can't see why Lexus should get rid of its most venerable SUV.
  • lexi4lifelexi4life Posts: 181
    Still nothing new about the VX?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    nope. Nothing.
  • john242john242 Posts: 1
    Absolutely agree. A new Toyota Land Cruiser Prado must have

1/ a better diesel engine, probablu V6 common-rail, variable turbo engine, as is currently offered 3.0 litre - 4 cyl is OUTDATED and WEAK for that heavy car
    2/ a 7 seats as a standard
    3/ better suspension because people bying it more for on than for off road.

Toyota wake up, you have to match new Mercedes M -class , BMW X5 or a new Land Rover Discovery 3.

John from Australia
  • It's almost been a year since someone posted in this thread and still, nothing is new ? Did Lexus abandonned the VX project ? Does someone know what's hapenning ?
  • BTW, the discussion name could be changed, no way the VX can make it to be a 2006 model, at least 2007, if not 2008...
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    Can't find any info on the VX :(

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• You won't find anything on the VX (and actually the VX is a whole new platform between the RX and GX). The full size will be called the JX 470 (unofficial of course at this time). Here's an unofficial site from Motor Trend of upcoming vehicles in case you're interested:

http://www.intellichoice.com/future/future/year/2007

hope you find it useful
  • sma3sma3 Posts: 28
    Any news on the VX yet?
13»
This discussion has been closed.