Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70 Convertible - 2006 and Newer

uv4meuv4me Posts: 22
edited May 2014 in Volvo
Does anyone have any info regarding when we will see the new C50 in showrooms? Also, will the car be offered in AWD?

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,944

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• I work for a Volvo dealership in Alabama. We were told by our Market Manager that the new convertible (based on the current S40/V50) would be available in April of 2006.
  • Since the S40 and V50 are available in AWD, I would suspect the convertible would have that option as well.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    any chance that there will be a C50 coupe? And if so, would it get AWD?
  • aw57aw57 Posts: 12
    I noticed that Edmunds future vehicles changed the listing from the C50 to the C30. Is the C50 dead? I went to my dealer and was told that the new Volvo convertible won't be available until this time next year. Since that is too long for me, I didn't bother to ask him if the new model will be the C30 (which seems small) or the C50 (which I thought would be comparable in size to the C70).
    First I've heard of it, but yes, it looks like it'll be the C30

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I was hoping for a S40 sized convertible with a folding hardtop.
  • aw57aw57 Posts: 12
    That's what the C50 was supposed to be. I think the C30 will be much smaller. Volvo may be making a mistake.
    How many people want a Volkswagen Beetle sized convertible? Not me. I would want something with enough room for four people.
  • According to the March 05 Automobile magazine, the convertible is based on the S40, looks similar to the S40 and is due in April of 06. The C30 is due in 07 and shares a platform with the S40, but is a three door hatchback. Both cars are to be built. The C30 is loosely based on the 3CC concept from the Detroit show. FYI they are also planning a small SUV based on the S40 platform. Look for the article in Automobile for more information.
  • chris65amgchris65amg Posts: 372
    Yay! I love hatchbacks.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,389
    What's a Volve?
    Will it come with AWD?
  • lexi4lifelexi4life Posts: 181
    A stupid spelling mistake: volvo
    Spelling mistake fixed :0

• lexi4lifelexi4life Posts: 181
    Thanks!
  • bonsbons Posts: 45
    Too much anxiety over anticipations of these vehicles. Just bought my S40 in Feb, would probably buy all 3 models (C30, C50, and S40-based SUV) when they are available. So far I like what I see in the 3CC, a brilliant concept, and if they are able to make the new C30 90% like the 3CC it will be a hit for sure. A C50 convertible would be a nice addition to Volvo line-up. I hope they also add a true sport car like a P1800, a sport car comaparable to a Corvette (like the old days) to their line-up soon. A small SUV comaparable to the Freelander or X3 is nice . . . I am Volvo for Life as long as there's something Sweed about it.
  • heisnsteinheisnstein Posts: 45
    I'm unsure if the C30 is the C70 referred to in the article linked below, but here are pictures of the S40 based convertible coming to the States.

http://www.autovisie.nl/news/items/20050603T0944058_0.xml
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 17,015
    Yup, I think that is the C50 that is way overdue here in the states.

I like this one!

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

A lot like the current C70.

Nevertheless, I like how the C70 looks.

If it had that ultra cool slim center console, it'd be very cool.

I like it!
    I normally view Volvo with a kindly eye, as they have been dramatically improving and are actually stylish vehicles now. If someone had told me that they would have a sexy convetible fifteen years ago, I would have laughed at them. A lot.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    I too have always liked Volvos even when they were boxcars. That pic looks good, should be a hit if Volvo promotes it this time, unlike the current C70.

M
    me too....

I've always liked Volvos... And Saabs, for that matter...

The new 9-7X is beginning to make me wonder what Saab's future might be...
    The C70 isn't a bad car at all, but like Lincoln's LS, it wasn't advertised. At all.
    Saab's future. Oof. There's a thread about in in N&V.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    I too liked Saabs and still do, but only the 9-3 and once GM replaces it with a Chevy or Pontiac based vehicle "Saab" will no longer hold my attention.

M
    The 9-3 and 9-5, and with the deals on the 9-2X, I sorta like it.

Once they dump the 9-3 and 9-5, I'm moving on...

I really liked the 1999-2002 Saab 9-3 hatchback...
  • bradkurtzbradkurtz Posts: 24
    I think you guys are right, but have the names worng. A V30 is coming that will be much like the A3 from Audi, a smaller S30 version is rumored. These are '07 cars at earleiest, the convertible is S40 sized adn will beintorduced in September.
    Will it be called C50, or C30?
    With Ford expected to move Jaguar upmarket into Bentley territory, are they leaving Volvo to compete with Audi, MB, BMW, Lexus? I am confused. I love Volvos personally, but this would be a huge step for Volvo. I mean, ten years ago they were refrgerator boxes.

I think that the convertible will be called the C50, as it is supposed to be like an S40 conv. It's kind of in keeping with how the S40 wagon is called the V50.
    Volvo is supposed to be a niche automaker.
This discussion has been closed.
Volvo C70 Convertible - 2006 and Newer - Car Forums at Edmunds.com