Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• I'm a not so new owner (I think!). I brought my 2006 Scion xA in September and have been having fun ever since. The only thing that is a bummer is the horrible traffic in the DC Metro Area but late night driving is something I always look forward to. I plan to mod my car appearance-wise soon enough :)
  • vazquezavazqueza Posts: 2
    My 06 tC has been my baby since May of 06. She's a white 5-speed that hasn't disappointed me yet.

The only minor issues I've had are the rattle when the moon-roof is open and some idiot I gave a ride to knocked off the passenger-side interior light right off of it's peg. I'm taking it in this week to have them looked at.
  • Bought my '06 xB three weeks ago, a basic Thundercloud automatic. Absolutely love it! If you have back problems, it's easy to enter and exit, firm seats and upright posture are great. Have met several other owners at the dealer and we're all 50+ years old. Sorry kids.
  • aathertonaatherton Posts: 617
    Am 6"-2" and had a disk operation 35 years ago. I liked the easy in and out that my Mazda truck gave me for 16 years. When it came time to get a car, the xB was the only car that had that same ease of entry. Just step in and step out.
    On my wife's big LeSabre, I have to fall into it and crawl out of it. When my back is acting up, it can be torture.
  • I bought the new 2008 xB 5/19 and freaking love it (although of course it has been less than a week)--I got black sand pearl, automatic with the upgraded stereo--really fabulous car. I understand a lot of old xB owners are sat at Scion/Toyota's "Betrayal" of the old style--but please give it a try--it feels really luxerious (maybe that is what they are mad about)? Anyways love my new car that just rolled off trucks last week and don't think I would trade it for that new Element that I also test drove! LOL!
  • I just bought my brand new 08 scion tc.. I could not love it any more.. I bought it about 9 days ago and its been in the shop getting extras added on for about 4 days... my first 5 speed and I ADORE IT!
  • rockymaxrockymax Posts: 1
    Congrats on your new TC! I am selling my beloved Miata to my cousin(and having an emotional breakdown over the sale of my baby even though it was my choice!!)and planning to buy a 2008 TC. What color car did you buy? I started looking at them about 6 months ago and had finally decided on the Azure Pearl, only to find it is not available for 2008. The new Waveline Pearl is a pretty color, but I don't think I like it on the TC. I'm leaning toward the white now. I'm also curious what accessories you added? There are so many available . . . I'm just trying to get a feel for what owners in the real world are liking. Thanks for any feedback you can offer.
  • 08xb08xb Posts: 2
    i traded a nissan pathfinder for a 2008 xb. the xb is black,with the spoiler,scion rims,rear sway bar,after market stereo,amp,cap,and subwoofer.the car looks, sounds,and handles great.averaging about 27 mpg in mixed driving.i also looked at the element,fit,versa as well.i liked the fit but thought it looked too much like a b car.the xb has kind of a japanese pt cruiser look to it which probably clinched the deal for me.anyone else picked an xb?
  • bandit109bandit109 Posts: 2
    I tested the Fit (every bump noticeable), the Versa (a nice ride), and bought the x/b. Why? I have wanted a Scion since they first came out. I like the concept even though I don't fit their demographics (over 50). So far I have only gotten to take the test drive. I pick up the Silver Streak tomorrow.
  • 08xb08xb Posts: 2
    good luck with the silver streak,i love mine.i'm 48 so i don't fit the demographic either,but they are happy to sell you the car.
  • will keep you all in touch , any one else out there. live in n.y.city
  • I'm Eric, owner of a NBM 2008 Scion xB ...loving it so far :)
  • Hey Brian Looks like you got time to put cash into your car but not pay a 3 year old debt.... nice excuses you keep giving me...
  • I'm Randy, I've got about 2,100 miles on my 08 xB. CSM, stick, XM.
  • Hi everyone!

I've just bought my '08 Crimson Mica tC (automatic) last Saturday, October 13, and I still walk backwards to work!

It's the first new car I've owned and I've been very happy with it so far.
  • wapswaps Posts: 19
    Add rear stabilizer. Tie your shock towers together, they make a goodie for that. Turbo not needed with the 150 hp they run in 08 uless you want to look really cool and have a spare 4 grand...This baby screams.
  • sherm7sherm7 Posts: 2
    I just bought an xd a week ago and love it. At 54 I don't fit the demographic but I'm a working musician around the Cleveland area (www.jeffsherman.net) and I think its a great little gig vehicle. Perfect for hauling my little solo pa rig. I traded out of my trusty old Jeep Cherokee mostly because the 14mpg was eating into my earnings. I suppose I could have lived with that but then when the a/c evaporator gave out that clinched it. (So I'm a wimp.)

Anyway ... greetings. Looking forward to learning more about Scions here on the forum.

Jeff
  • cdmuilecdmuile Posts: 152
    I've had the car for exactly 1/2 day. It looks sooo cool. Anything I really should know about it right now? It's a manual tranny, which I wanted, but my shifting is terrible. Will this improve? Seems like the clutch engages RIGHT NOW. Is this normal? I'm used to being pampered with the '06 Azera. Now, I'm back to "Seat of your pants" driving and am kinda lovin it. I think Scion pricing is kinda goofy. Floor mats optional? Anyone agree?
    I'm 65 when I bought my 08 Scion Xb. automatic trans. Best thing I've ever done. Talk about no back problems. Easy in easy out. Large seat. Lots of room. Gas milage 33.1 mpg last trip I took over 100 miles. Gonna buy one more at the end of the year. Give this one to my son for his company car.
    STRUT BAR eliminates front end/suspension movement. Shock towers stay put like they're supposed to. Should be no problems with windshied cracks etc. due to body movement. You will feel it in your wallet if you remove stut bar.