Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Hey guys, i am sure u guys may look for some gauges for Pro looks or performance, recently i bought some gauges from the company call Evil Auto Style which i never heard of it, i thought they are bunch of home made copies....anyhow my friend went to SEMA last year and they bought some gauges form them because of the looks and functions are a lot better than Defi and AutoMeter....you guys may not agree with me now, but try to go their underconstruction web site to download the catalog...
    www.evilautostyle.com

Please reply me of what you guys think about it, later i will post some pictures of the gauges installed in my XB
  • I just got my TC. I had to wait a month. It was worth the wait. Considering that i did have to take the bus for a month. I was thinking of puting on a tint on my rear break light and lights. I really havent seen how it looks on a TC, but it seems it would look good. Has anybody put a tint on their rear lights? The car is already black. Plus i got a free 9 month subscription to sirius satellite radio (From Longo). Listening to Howard Stern do roasts make traffic forgetful.
  • I received Sirius Satellite on my TC as well. You might have the one that is the family plan. I got a free 9 month subscription. The dealer told me that i i could upgrade to standard, which ment i could listen to howard stern. I don't think it was a mistake. They are trying to market Sirius. I suggest you call sirius and upgrad it to standard plan. It should be at not cost. It's basically a trial so when the subscription does expire you might be interested in getting it.
  • mssmss Posts: 12
    I believe you do get a 9 month free subscription, but it's only for a limited amount of stations. I enrolled with Sirius online and choose a 3 month package, but I just looked and it now seems like they tacked on the other 9 months to end (1 year total). The added bonus in my case is that I never paid for a Satellite receiver to begin with, I was on my way home and to my surprise noticed the antenna on the windshield (it was at night). I hit the Satellite button and Bingo. Howard Stern and the tC has made my hour long commute enjoyable once again!
  • curious54curious54 Posts: 47
    I HAVE A 2006 SCION TC WITH 300 MILES ON IT. I INSTALLED TEIN H-TECH SPRINGS ON THEM. EVERYTIME I TURN THE STEERING WHEEL TO THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT WHILE MY VEHICLE IS IN MOTION, THERE IS A HIGH PITCHED SOUND COMING OUT. I DONT KNOW IF ITS MY SPRINGS OR IF ITS THE POWER STEERING. THE SOUND IS GREATER WHEN I TURN THE WHEEL TO THE LEFT. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS?
  • karmicakarmica Posts: 1
    I purchased on e-bay a set of Elegante by TYC rear stop lights and thought it wouldn't be such a big deal to install them, they don't come with any schematics so I'm stuck, any advice? I've tried to tear down the panels in the trunk of the Scion tC doesn't seem so difficult until you are there. Scion dealer in my area wants $167.50 plus to do the labor. if I could find a website that would sell the schematics to do that I wouldn't mind doing that.
  • xraexrae Posts: 1
    As I wait patiently for dealer to locate my new 06 Scion xA (Flint Mica, manual) I am browsing through the dealer installed accessories booklet. Wondering if I could get some suggestions/recommendations on which items experienced Scion owners feel are worth having installed? I am far from being an auto expert but I would like to get the best ride, acceleration and sound quality from my new toy. The items I'm looking at are: TRD Cold Air Induction, Bazooka subwoofer, Rear Swaybar. Thanks so much for any input!
  • tundradudetundradude Posts: 588
    First: Get the front strut tie bar.

Second: If you want more from your radio. They have a amp + speaker upgrade. Having said that, I think the stock is fine.

Third: Get a cargo mat so things won't slide around. I know if you get a bazooka, you just lost what little cargo room you have. However, its not much.

Fourth: Fog lights

I own a xB, but the xA is still relative.
  • MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,635
    the ARM REST is a great option. I'd stay away from the Bazooka...it ain't that great and takes up precious room in the xA. Rear swaybar is definitely a good idea. CAI is of marginal benefit and it's my understanding you can't get it for a 2006 xA from TRD at any rate. Front strut tie bar also a good idea but it may interfere a bit with removing your air filter (makes it harder to get at).

You might also think about the lowering springs along with the sway bars.

As for performance, I think the only addition that will make any real difference is the Blitz turbo kit.
  • bommaibommai Posts: 1
    I just test drove a tC and I remember the sales guy saying the keyless remote (built into the key itself) is standard. It says standard in the book also. But it also says Scion Security is a $469 option. I did an online chat with someone at http://www.scion.com and he told me that it is an option! What gives? I wonder if someone at Scion decided that they can make more money and made it an option! Urgh!!!
    It was definitely an option on the 2006 xA...don't know about the tC....for that price, I didn't get it, that's crazy.
  • remote locking/unlocking is standard on the tC. The scion security is the alarm system and that is an option.
    the alarm and remote locking was not separable as an option on the 2006 xA however. If you wanted one you had to take both.
  • sighon6sighon6 Posts: 10
    i just lowered my 06 tc so i know what you might have done. did you get an alighnment after you lowered it? all your caster camber and toe values go out the window when you lower a car. your noise is probably the tires howling. your going to burn through tires like crazy. does your car pull left or right. does the steering wheel go left to right on its own if you let go. all these things can be cause by a bad alighnment. by the way how low did you go? i dropped mine 2"
    keyless remote and security are two diffrent things. they just happen to be on the same key. mine came with keyless remote (unlocks doors)but didnt come with security which is antitheft(alarm).
    i just got my exhaust on my tc. as well i lowered and installed a quick shift kit.well actually im still waiting for the quick shift kit but never the less. the power seems crisper and loud noisy exhaust always seems like your going faster then what you really are. i love my new mods and will let you know if it helps my gas milage or hurts it.
  • cmkcmk Posts: 59
    I like the tC and am interested in purchasing ones, but I like the look/ride quality of smaller wheels. Is it possible to put smaller aftermarket wheels on this, and if so, where would be a good source?
  • i'm new to car modifications, and i just recently bought a k and n filter and a borla exhaust system for my 05 scion tc, i'm just wondering what would be good to add on next...i'm not really going for looks right now, i just want to build speed first, and i don't have the money to really buy a supercharger or a turbo kit for it yet so what would be a good option to go with right now?
    drop in filters are of dubious merit. Cold air intake would be a much better investment for you I think. Better wheels and tires always make a car more fun to drive.
  • yeah i got a cold air intake from k and n and if i wanted to have cool wheels and tires i would have gone for maybe a sedan.