Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Sorry about the web address. I must have had a neuron misfire when I wrote it, and thanks for the correction. Anyway, I got the armrest with storage. It doesn't hold alot but it looks better. You can fit sunglasses, cell phone, wallet, and some gum or loose change in there. They were a good company to deal with. I ordered it on a Sat. night, received email notification of shipment on Monday evening, and it was delivered by UPS on Wed. afternoon. My son and I installed later that day.
  • tundradudetundradude Posts: 588
    I don't know how it happened but my rear glass got hit going down the road. I ordered a new rear window. Whatever it was put a line all the way across it.

I would like to get the armrest someday.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,682
    I am thinking about getting a Silver Streak tC and, last weekend my wife and I took a road trip down to Arkansas. I was looking for our hotel when this car came along, cruising slow up to me in the other lane. I looked as it went by...yep, it was a silver tC! Not only that, as it picked up speed heading towards downtown Harrison, Arkansas, it had that tell-tale sound of a modified exhaust. He was revving it up and torquing off of the accelerator to sort of wind it out while going around 30 mph only. Did that car ever look sharp. I'm gettin' one! That did it, gentlemen! :) :) :) :) :)

BTW, this is the only car I've ever dug in silver!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• I went to the www.horsepowerfreaks.com and dinked around in the turbo section... I think I like the idea of turbo better than supercharger. how does a newby like me find out exactly what my tC can really handle without blowing up the engine and exactly what are all the necessary parts that would need to be ordered to have a fully functional turbo system in my car?... I love the tC but I thirst for more horse power... and not just 5 or 10 I want something where I can feel the difference (maybe 30-50 hp more at lower than 5700 rpm) and really get some serious speeding tickets... lol!... just kidding about the speeding tickets. Also can someone tell me if they know of a chip that I could add and exactly what does it do?... sorry I'm a newby wanna be tunner lol!...

P.S. I just installed the dimming mirror and the ambient light is funny... I feel all fast and furious driving it at night... lol!...
  • Does anyone know where I could find one of these???

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • jamesgangjamesgang Posts: 47
    Hi folks,
    New member - POTENTIAL new xB owner.
    Has anyone heard of, or know of a larger gas tank for the xB.
    The biggest (pun intended) drawback I see to the xB is the tiny fuel tank.
    As one who drives 150 - 225 miles per day - every day - I am more than a little (pun intended) concerned about the tiny tank. Sure, it won't take long to top off. But daily pumping may get old. Especially come winter.
    ThanksMuch
    Chris of the JamesGang
    A 2nd sticking point delaying my decision to purchase the xB -- lack of available cruise control.
    Do any of you have experience with after-market cruise?
    Which brand(s) would you all recommend?
    ThanksMuch
    Chris of the JamesGang
  • I just got 341 miles from my last tank of gas in the XB. I have about 1500 miles on it now with the automatic. I commute 115 miles a day and a larger tank would be a valued option, but it wasn't enough of an issue to keep me from buying the Xb. A 14 gal. tank would be about perfect. I did not get the cruise due to the fact that the dealer wanted $599 to install. Another dealer quoted me $499, which is outrageous. Scion should make cruise standard on the Xb. With the number of Xb sales at double those of the Xa, you'd think that Scion would make the adjustment. You can get aftermarket cruise for about $129 if you want to install it yourself, or you find a reputable shop that won't gouge you. I'm looking for 1 now.
    Crazed,
    Thanks for the tank mileage info. I'll be going from 500 miles between fill-ups down. Of course, gotta take the bad with the good.
    Another question in the same vein - is 'topping off' - I mean REALLY topping off the tank going to cause a performance/engine light problem?
    Currently I put a good 4-5 more gallons in the car after the first handle shut off.
    ThanksAgain for any answers related to the 'mileage', 'tank', and 'cruize' questions.
    Chris of the JamesGang
  • lalagimplalagimp Posts: 61
    Does anyone know of any dealerships in the LA/OC area that will install an aftermarket cruise? I had found ONE and I believe the price was $600.
    The actual piece is less than two hundred to purchase and I'd heard alot of people South-East getting them installed at their dealers for $350 or less total.
  • Topping off in the Scion is about 1.5- 2 extra gallons. I have not had the "check engine light" after doing this.
  • lronlron Posts: 4
    My white tC gets warm while parked in the sun. I often have heat sensitive stuff in the car, and want to reduce the heat build up.
    I'm thinking of getting rear hatch window tinted, and maybe lining the
    sunroof area with a reflector of some sort.
    Any ideas appreciated.
    Thanks, Ron
    ">link titleBeing financially challenged (note auto xB - no add ons) I look for inexpensive ways to express myself.

See the following ebay link;

link title

Do any of you, have any of you, experience with this product - or similar products. This stuff falls nicely into my budget. But only if it is professional looking.
    My xB is camo - so I was thinking of the humvee hunter green the page shows. Before taking delivery of the box I was seriously considering trimming the exterior with a camo-kit from Cabelas (they have pre-cuts kits for pickups). But after seeing the car in all its glory I couldn't do that. The color is SO MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT. Won't change it until age and miles dictate.
    ThanksMuch for any insite and info on the interior trim kits.
    Chris of the JamesGang
  • ace69ace69 Posts: 4
    WOW!!! I seem to have the same problem. I think it could be because the whole top of the car is black.
    I was also thinking of tinting my windows.
    Has any one tinted there window and it lower the heat in the car?
  • i just purchased a new scion xb i got the em 7 spoke alloy wheels, wheel locks, alarm/remote starter, and a custom carbon fiber interior. the interior alone was $900 does anyone else have this. it comes with the normal carbon fiber dash and also covers part of the door panels and a bunch of other stuff and had xb engraved in it in silver really sharp looking.
  • jhannahjhannah Posts: 3
    Alert to all Scion owners. If you purchased your Scion with the 17' Enkei 6-spoke wheels and Pirelli tires option you may be riding on tires that have been out of production for 2 YEARS! Yes, it is true according to Pirelli. 2-25-05 I purchased a K/b with 5,200 miles with this wheel/tire combo. Around 6,000 miles I incurred a road hazzard on the left front sidewall and had to replace the tire. Pirelli could find only 1 tire in the whole USA at Dallas. That opened the whole can of worms. The specs. on the tire is P-7000 P205/40ZR 17 84W M+S. I have this case no. with Scion 200504040316. Don't know what they intend to do so I have taken it upon myself to get the word out to all of you via this manner. This option is offered on the Scion web site and Scion dealers. Maybe when their stash of old Pirelli tires fun out some lucky buyers will be riding on tires that are of current production and should they have a tire problem it can be replaced. If you are on these tires please respond to this alert, we need to talk.
    jimmy
  • jhannahjhannah Posts: 3
    please check message #48 of 48
  • ralph204ralph204 Posts: 4
    Toyota's shop manuals are available from their "Material Distrabution Center" 750 West Victoria Street Rancho Dominguez, California 90220-5538. You may order them by calling (800) 622-2033. For the book: "Electrical Wiring Diagram" (The common problem some Japanese writers have with English plurals persists throughout the text) costs $52.36. The prices for the repair manuals are: Volune One, $80.00 and Volune Two, $88.00. I bought all three and was charged $1200 for shipping/handling and $11.02 "tax." The diagrams are easy to nderstand and clearly drawn.
  • waldronswaldrons Posts: 6
    I put money down on a blue xb on Monday. After reading some posts on another site, I'm not sure that blue is good. Does anyone have experience, good or bad, with the blue paint? I also have read that the interior light sits too far back. How about a sunroof? Anyone hear of putting one in and who does it? I don't plan on adding any options except for better wheels and an armrest. Is there anything I really need I'm not thinking of? Thanks for any input.
    I own a blue xb that I bought in February. First its a dark blue that is almost impossible to keep clean. This doesn't really bother me. The paint does scratch easily, but so do all dark colors. I was between the blue onyx and the black cherry, I really liked the new yellow, but I did not like the 2.0 package. The blue is really nice when its cleaned up.

I have seen some aftermarket sunroofs. Its the standard ASC variety. I have one of these on my 95 Corolla. The aftermarket sunroofs just make more racket and they require adjustment every now and then. Although, plenty of room is available on a xB for multiple sunroofs. The xB was the only vehicle that I considered that did not have a sunroof. The xA 1.0 with a factory sunroof was great.

The armrest option just came out. You can also get one like crazedcommuter (zetaproducts). You said that you haven't added any options. These should be done at the distribution center and NOT at the dealer.

In my opinion, I really like my fog lights and my front strut brace. Don't forget to get the cargo mat and carpet mats. I have not seen another xB that has the fog lights around here yet. They are wonderful in rainy or foggy conditons. I believe they would be great for snowy nights when applicable. The strut brace makes the car handle really good for an awkward tall vehicle.

Crazedcommuter - what would you add?
    Thanks. I've looked at that same armrest and the mats on the net and have found several places that sell them. The sunroof still has me stumped. Where do I start?
  • Hey Im looking to buy a 2005 XB can anyone tell me anything positive about the car and if you experienced any problems that would be great.
  • ralph204ralph204 Posts: 4
    The armrest on my new x-B is a minor nuisance. You have to flick it out of the way with your arm to get get to the hand brake whenever you want to go somewhere or park. As an armrest,for the driver is's a failure. It's too low and a little too far back. A short passenger may find it comfortable though.
    Positives:

Its roomy.
    The back seat is huge.
    The stereo.
    The seats are very comfortable.
    The transmission (manual) is just about ideal.
    Handles great for a big square. (Cannot speak for xBs without the front strut brace)
    Gets decent gas mileage. Low 31.4 High 34
    Back cup holder makes wonderful cell phone holder.
    Dash cup holder makes good place for sunglasses.

Negatives:
    Resistant to bumps could be better. The alignment of the car is tossed back and forth.
    The car tends to be blown around in higher speeds (80) and windy days.
    Back window scratches easily, I have a new one. However, this came from driving with something hitting it.
    There is no gas cap holder on fuel door.
  • Tundradude, I think that you have covered all the bases on the Scion options list. I concur with the mats, fog lights, and strut brace. Those options make my commute more enjoyable. The armrest is really an excellent after market item. It really makes the driving experience that much better. This item should be standard on all Xb's. The most pressing option that I want to install now is also aftermarket. I would like to install another dome light over the back cargo area, to shed a little more lumins back there. The pics and the parts list are on the scionlife.com site in the technical section. It seems to be fairly simple to do. The dome light is about $17 from Scion or Toyota dealers, and the plug from Radio Shack is another $9. By the way, if you have a couple of hours to kill, you should comb that web site for almost any type of info or how-to you can imagine on the Xb's.
  • I got the zeta products storage armrest. The storage is pretty god and the position is high enough that it is actually useful. There are more aftermarket armrests hitting the market each month, although reviews of them are scarce. Good luck and happy driving with your new Xb. The storage armrest can be seen on www.zetaproducts.net
    I am also looking at the zeta armrest with the storage. Would you measure the length of it for me? Does is get in the way of shifting?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,682
    I would think that the zetaproducts people would have checked into avoiding the shifting area while designing the armrest! I'm sure it's fine. I would probably buy one, too, if I buy a xA. I have one OEM in my Sportage 4x4 and love it.

BTW, crazedcommuter, isn't the aftermarket armrest really easy to put in? Clamps to your seat track or something like that?

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• Yes it does clamp onto your seat tracks without impeding the motion of the seat. This thing is so easy to install that I let my 9 yr. old finish the istallation after I showed him what to do. I tightened the nuts after he was done and total install was about 15 minutes. The look is factory and it is better than any other armrest out there.
  • I will measure it for you. It does not impede shifting in my automatic. From the posts that I've read on the other sites, the Zeta storage armrest does not impede the 5 speed either, as the other aftermarket armrests do.
This discussion has been closed.