Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Do you have any part # or any thing in black and white on this supercharger.If it puts out 300hp I want it.200hp is not enough for me.
  • pcrpcr Posts: 15
    There's no hard info on the SC yet. Once there is, you won't have to ask; it'll be all over the forums.
  • tlcmantlcman Posts: 220
    if your going to blow your engine to 300 hp you are going to need to change alot of internals or it to be able to take that pressure, im not even sure if that is possible... A turbo setup might lend you more power.
  • lronlron Posts: 4
    Anyone have experience with the front strut tower brace? Does it reduce the lift throttle oversteer?
    Ron
  • tundradudetundradude Posts: 588
    I have the front strut tie bar. It handles nicely.
  • Do any of you Xb owners have any info on the CAI and exhaust upgrade? I will finally buy my Xb this week and I'm not sure if the upgrade will offer any extra ponies for the $$$$. Will gas mileage be affected? Thanks.....
  • I just installed my Zeta Storage armrest last night. It looks great!! It matches the interior perfectly and looks factory. The armrest installs in about 10 minutes and attaches to the seat tracks without impeding the operation of the seats. My 9 yr. old son and I installed it and it was so easy that I just gave him a few hints and then watched him do the work. It flips up out of the way if needed and does not cover the rear drink holder. This is a good product for Xb owners. Check it out on Zeta products.com
    I have never heard the TRD exhaust, but I avoided it nonetheless. My wife keeps asking me when I am going to get the armrest. It really hasn't bothered me, but I do plan to get it someday.
    its zetaproducts.net instead of zetaproducts.com

Discovered this trying to find site.
    Which one did you get, with or without storage?
  • Sorry about the web address. I must have had a neuron misfire when I wrote it, and thanks for the correction. Anyway, I got the armrest with storage. It doesn't hold alot but it looks better. You can fit sunglasses, cell phone, wallet, and some gum or loose change in there. They were a good company to deal with. I ordered it on a Sat. night, received email notification of shipment on Monday evening, and it was delivered by UPS on Wed. afternoon. My son and I installed later that day.
    I don't know how it happened but my rear glass got hit going down the road. I ordered a new rear window. Whatever it was put a line all the way across it.

I would like to get the armrest someday.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,663
    I am thinking about getting a Silver Streak tC and, last weekend my wife and I took a road trip down to Arkansas. I was looking for our hotel when this car came along, cruising slow up to me in the other lane. I looked as it went by...yep, it was a silver tC! Not only that, as it picked up speed heading towards downtown Harrison, Arkansas, it had that tell-tale sound of a modified exhaust. He was revving it up and torquing off of the accelerator to sort of wind it out while going around 30 mph only. Did that car ever look sharp. I'm gettin' one! That did it, gentlemen! :) :) :) :) :)

BTW, this is the only car I've ever dug in silver!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• I went to the www.horsepowerfreaks.com and dinked around in the turbo section... I think I like the idea of turbo better than supercharger. how does a newby like me find out exactly what my tC can really handle without blowing up the engine and exactly what are all the necessary parts that would need to be ordered to have a fully functional turbo system in my car?... I love the tC but I thirst for more horse power... and not just 5 or 10 I want something where I can feel the difference (maybe 30-50 hp more at lower than 5700 rpm) and really get some serious speeding tickets... lol!... just kidding about the speeding tickets. Also can someone tell me if they know of a chip that I could add and exactly what does it do?... sorry I'm a newby wanna be tunner lol!...

P.S. I just installed the dimming mirror and the ambient light is funny... I feel all fast and furious driving it at night... lol!...
  • Does anyone know where I could find one of these???

Thanks,
    Jeff
  • jamesgangjamesgang Posts: 47
    Hi folks,
    New member - POTENTIAL new xB owner.
    Has anyone heard of, or know of a larger gas tank for the xB.
    The biggest (pun intended) drawback I see to the xB is the tiny fuel tank.
    As one who drives 150 - 225 miles per day - every day - I am more than a little (pun intended) concerned about the tiny tank. Sure, it won't take long to top off. But daily pumping may get old. Especially come winter.
    ThanksMuch
    Chris of the JamesGang
    A 2nd sticking point delaying my decision to purchase the xB -- lack of available cruise control.
    Do any of you have experience with after-market cruise?
    Which brand(s) would you all recommend?
    ThanksMuch
    Chris of the JamesGang
  • I just got 341 miles from my last tank of gas in the XB. I have about 1500 miles on it now with the automatic. I commute 115 miles a day and a larger tank would be a valued option, but it wasn't enough of an issue to keep me from buying the Xb. A 14 gal. tank would be about perfect. I did not get the cruise due to the fact that the dealer wanted $599 to install. Another dealer quoted me $499, which is outrageous. Scion should make cruise standard on the Xb. With the number of Xb sales at double those of the Xa, you'd think that Scion would make the adjustment. You can get aftermarket cruise for about $129 if you want to install it yourself, or you find a reputable shop that won't gouge you. I'm looking for 1 now.
    Crazed,
    Thanks for the tank mileage info. I'll be going from 500 miles between fill-ups down. Of course, gotta take the bad with the good.
    Another question in the same vein - is 'topping off' - I mean REALLY topping off the tank going to cause a performance/engine light problem?
    Currently I put a good 4-5 more gallons in the car after the first handle shut off.
    ThanksAgain for any answers related to the 'mileage', 'tank', and 'cruize' questions.
    Chris of the JamesGang
  • lalagimplalagimp Posts: 61
    Does anyone know of any dealerships in the LA/OC area that will install an aftermarket cruise? I had found ONE and I believe the price was $600.
    The actual piece is less than two hundred to purchase and I'd heard alot of people South-East getting them installed at their dealers for $350 or less total.
This discussion has been closed.