Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Thanks for the info! I never considered the suspension mods that probably were done to the xB's I have seen pics of. I guess I will just have to visit my local tire and wheel shop to find the right fit? Thanks for the info... you've saved me a lot of research time!

- Jason
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,992
    If you found a tire shop that does it's own alignment and front end work, they would probably be the best source of advice. I have a shop that actually lets customers (well, good customers) drive a new tire around the block to see if it's going to fit.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• hey,
    i just found out that "scionsport" has two new grilles available for the xb.one is all chrome and vented and made to fit the car. the second is imported from japan (made by Toyota)and was manufactured for the "open deck" which is a different version of the box car in japan. that is the grille i bought, it is sweet!
    smooth panel with tinted chrome finish. definately dresses the car up and gives it a custom finish. made by toyota so it took me like three minutes to put it on and it is a perfect factory fit. i'm hoping that since the front grille is all smoothed out now that it may help improve mileage a little by decreasing wind drag. either way it looks sweet!
    though i would pass that on...
    it is called the open deck grille :shades:
  • For anyone interested...I purchased 4 Bridgestone Blizzack snow tires for the winters in PA. The traction and handling are excellent. I purchased them at the tire rack @$83.00 a tire.
  • Hey jimw0238...long time since we exchanged information...anyway, it looks like you're working hard on your xB, I wish I could see a picture.

Have a question for you if you don't mind. I remember that you told me you purchased wheels for your box with the TCM color (or very close to it) and paid less than $500.00. Can you give more details...where...what's the wheel spec.

Thanks. ;)
    Anyone ever tried to add remote locking to their Scion from an aftermarket kit?

• What do you mean "remote locking"?
    Keyless remotes are standard.
    not on an xA. Keyless remote is an expensive option.

• Wow, I didn't know that, It's standard on the xB and tc
  • http://www.americastire.com/dtcs/findWheelDetail.do?rcz=92201&mk=SCION&rc=CAPINT- &yr=2005&wd=15&c=1&dVeh=dVeh&pc=57987&rw=&bp=&vid=008416
    go to this link to see wheel page...
    specs are= Enkie "j10"
    cloor= "silver machined" (silver powder coat with clear gloss)
    size= 15x6.5 4-108/10038sm
    americas tires' regular price is = $115.00 each.
    would send a picture to you if you could tell me how
  • oh...by the way , i also just put a solid tinted chrome front grille on my xb that is made in japan for a toyota "open deck" ....looks really sweet. perfect fit and cost $250.00 (ouch) :shades:
    look here to see the "OD" grille:
    http://scionsport.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/21_31/products_id/254?osCsid=- a22bb96dc179e5dd7011fd68793baef8
    Nope, just checked again and books say keyless remote is optional on xA, xB or tC at $469 a pop.

• mnikosmnikos Posts: 31
    Hey, Mr. Shiftright,
    Don't know what's going on, but I have a 2006 xB (purchased 8/1/05) and it came standard with keyless remote.
  • mine too, came with three remotes. mine is a 2006 and i bought it in the end of october.......
    Dunno...checked all the options lists and it's not standard on any of them. it bears option # YQ4 in the xB, and V3 or S8 in the xA and in the tC it's eitherV5, S6 or YQ4 depending on region...

Definitely was an option on my 2006 xA and I didn't want to spend $469 for it. Perhaps they just threw it in and charged you for it on a "package price" of some sort or maybe here in California there's a different options list...that happens sometime. We could compare MSRP's but what the hell it's not a big deal.

I was just wondering how these aftermarket kits work, and how you install them. I figure you can just add a relay/solenoid to the central door lock mechanism---that probably what they do at the dealer anyway when they install the keyless option.

• philapaphilapa Posts: 25
    I have a 2006 TC and the remote locking is standard. :shades:
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    :confuse: Ok... An `06 tC gets around 28mpg highway right? I've heard rumors that if the air intake was changed and the exhaust is changed, it increases the performance of the tC. Does it help the gas mileage city and highway for the better? :confuse:
    I doubt it. CAI and exhaust swap can't amount to more than a few HP, (exhaust, maybe 1-2 HP, and CAI maybe 3-8 HP)and besides, with all that extra neat noise you'll probably put your foot in it more and negate any increases. :P

• brazucabrazuca Posts: 95
    Thank you. I checked the link and found the wheels, really, really nice, congratulations on the choice.

I'll have to save some $$ before purchasing them.

Thanks for the link.
  • I found a new hood scoop design that fit my brothers xb at:www.airvms.com. We're putting lights in them and then some airbrush art. The ride is looking really good.
  • Hey guys, i am sure u guys may look for some gauges for Pro looks or performance, recently i bought some gauges from the company call Evil Auto Style which i never heard of it, i thought they are bunch of home made copies....anyhow my friend went to SEMA last year and they bought some gauges form them because of the looks and functions are a lot better than Defi and AutoMeter....you guys may not agree with me now, but try to go their underconstruction web site to download the catalog...
    www.evilautostyle.com

Please reply me of what you guys think about it, later i will post some pictures of the gauges installed in my XB
  • I just got my TC. I had to wait a month. It was worth the wait. Considering that i did have to take the bus for a month. I was thinking of puting on a tint on my rear break light and lights. I really havent seen how it looks on a TC, but it seems it would look good. Has anybody put a tint on their rear lights? The car is already black. Plus i got a free 9 month subscription to sirius satellite radio (From Longo). Listening to Howard Stern do roasts make traffic forgetful.
  • I received Sirius Satellite on my TC as well. You might have the one that is the family plan. I got a free 9 month subscription. The dealer told me that i i could upgrade to standard, which ment i could listen to howard stern. I don't think it was a mistake. They are trying to market Sirius. I suggest you call sirius and upgrad it to standard plan. It should be at not cost. It's basically a trial so when the subscription does expire you might be interested in getting it.
  • mssmss Posts: 12
    I believe you do get a 9 month free subscription, but it's only for a limited amount of stations. I enrolled with Sirius online and choose a 3 month package, but I just looked and it now seems like they tacked on the other 9 months to end (1 year total). The added bonus in my case is that I never paid for a Satellite receiver to begin with, I was on my way home and to my surprise noticed the antenna on the windshield (it was at night). I hit the Satellite button and Bingo. Howard Stern and the tC has made my hour long commute enjoyable once again!
  • curious54curious54 Posts: 47
    I HAVE A 2006 SCION TC WITH 300 MILES ON IT. I INSTALLED TEIN H-TECH SPRINGS ON THEM. EVERYTIME I TURN THE STEERING WHEEL TO THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT WHILE MY VEHICLE IS IN MOTION, THERE IS A HIGH PITCHED SOUND COMING OUT. I DONT KNOW IF ITS MY SPRINGS OR IF ITS THE POWER STEERING. THE SOUND IS GREATER WHEN I TURN THE WHEEL TO THE LEFT. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS?
  • karmicakarmica Posts: 1
    I purchased on e-bay a set of Elegante by TYC rear stop lights and thought it wouldn't be such a big deal to install them, they don't come with any schematics so I'm stuck, any advice? I've tried to tear down the panels in the trunk of the Scion tC doesn't seem so difficult until you are there. Scion dealer in my area wants $167.50 plus to do the labor. if I could find a website that would sell the schematics to do that I wouldn't mind doing that.
  • xraexrae Posts: 1
    As I wait patiently for dealer to locate my new 06 Scion xA (Flint Mica, manual) I am browsing through the dealer installed accessories booklet. Wondering if I could get some suggestions/recommendations on which items experienced Scion owners feel are worth having installed? I am far from being an auto expert but I would like to get the best ride, acceleration and sound quality from my new toy. The items I'm looking at are: TRD Cold Air Induction, Bazooka subwoofer, Rear Swaybar. Thanks so much for any input!
  • tundradudetundradude Posts: 588
    First: Get the front strut tie bar.

Second: If you want more from your radio. They have a amp + speaker upgrade. Having said that, I think the stock is fine.

Third: Get a cargo mat so things won't slide around. I know if you get a bazooka, you just lost what little cargo room you have. However, its not much.

Fourth: Fog lights

I own a xB, but the xA is still relative.
    the ARM REST is a great option. I'd stay away from the Bazooka...it ain't that great and takes up precious room in the xA. Rear swaybar is definitely a good idea. CAI is of marginal benefit and it's my understanding you can't get it for a 2006 xA from TRD at any rate. Front strut tie bar also a good idea but it may interfere a bit with removing your air filter (makes it harder to get at).

You might also think about the lowering springs along with the sway bars.

As for performance, I think the only addition that will make any real difference is the Blitz turbo kit.

• bommaibommai Posts: 1
    I just test drove a tC and I remember the sales guy saying the keyless remote (built into the key itself) is standard. It says standard in the book also. But it also says Scion Security is a $469 option. I did an online chat with someone at http://www.scion.com and he told me that it is an option! What gives? I wonder if someone at Scion decided that they can make more money and made it an option! Urgh!!!
This discussion has been closed.