Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,099
    Anything is possible. If I'm in your shoes, and the dealer can't give you a credible time line on when to expect yours, I'd just go to another dealer and order an '06. If you order now, with a priority of 10, I'd say you could expect a late August delivery of the '06.
  • kgreggkgregg Posts: 2
    FWIW, I got an email from local Ford dealer (Crystal Ford Silver Spring MD) saying they have a 5 speed GT Sonic Blue coupe at the dealer now. I asked him if all 2005 GTs were already spoken for or not. He said they were not already spoken for. Unsure how an 05 GT could get to a dealer and NOT already have a buyer but you never know. I told salesman that I prefer a convertible. Kevin
  • knowisdomknowisdom Posts: 5
    I got great news today from my brother (he works at the dealer I ordered my car from) my 2005 torch red mustany with the red leather interior is coming in on or about July 3rd, and my birthday is the 7th....Happy Birthday to me. But I also wanted to let everyone know that I also heard from my brother the are spitting out the 2005's so fast from the factory, they've had one on the lift for the past two days.....it could just be a fluke, but I hope the quantity and quality is not the issue. So don't give up, I was just about at the end ofmy rope and I am set for delivery! :shades: :)
  • esbrockesbrock Posts: 88
    It's official. I talked to my saleguys guy yesterday, who actually called me to see what I wanted to do, and changed my order to a 2006 GT. Titanium Grey 5-spd MTX with the Interior Upgrade Package and 18" wheels. He told me that it will be one of the first "06's they get in, which will be in late August to early September. Since that only adds about 6 - 7 weeks on my wait time, I didn't think it was that big a deal. The new color choice is exactly what I wanted and the 18" wheels are going to look sweet as soon as I get the Eibach springs installed. I am also hoping that the plant workers will be refreshed and ready to put my car together when they get back from their production break. Suppliers should be able to get Ford restocked with all parts they need to have a great MY '06 run.
  • purplegtpurplegt Posts: 22
    Hey, Graphicguy, if you're out there, got a good one for you. As you know, I've waited for my 05 GT since last Nov. 2004.....still no luck. As of this week, my dealer put an order in for me for a 2006. I haven't totally finalized pricing, etc., but am being told they will honor my 2005 price, however, they will have to add $500 to $700 to the price because it is a 2006 and it costs more to make it.

My 2005 was priced out at $26,000 with the premium wheels, 500 shaker and interior upgrade. Am I being jerked around here with them wanting to raise my pricing or is this to be expected? What's your thought? I know I'm not going to get any better pricing at the $26,000 anywhere in my area. So do I just suck it up and pay it or give them a fight about it?

They of course say, it's not their fault that Ford couldn't produce. I haven't seen it in writing, but supposedly my 05 had a priority of 10 put on it. Yeah, right. I have now also insisted that I receive a priority TWO on the 2006, he's said he will check and see if they can do that, he acted like he'd never heard you could request that low. He's supposedly talked to a Ford rep and begged that I get top priority on the 06 due to the 05 never being made. Am I at their mercy here? I'm actually dealing with the OWNER of the dealership since my original sales guy got canned. And he had promised me the same pricing for the 2006 if it came down to this, but of course since he's now gone.....

I'm assuming when the 06's are produced I'm back to waiting for another 8 to 12 weeks......IF it ever gets made. I just need some helpful hints here on how to proceed before I go back to do the final paperwork on the 2006.

Anyone hear if they are offering any new options/toys for the 2006?

Thanks for listening, hope you can help me out a bit...
    Still waiting in Wisconsin........uugh! (Plus my 96 GT is another year older and worth less in trade)..... :mad:
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,099
    purple....cool beans!!!!!

Only changes in the '05 and '06 versions are colors and wheel/tire options. Everything else is the same.

I don't have access to '06 pricing yet, but I'd say it's a safe bet that there will be a price increase.

Unless you've got something from the dealership management in writing, anything is possible. I've heard some pretty crazy stories regarding the Mustang. For example, I talked to one guy who ordered a GT. Dealer got nim the VIN#. When it was supposed to arrive at the dealership, sales mgr didn't respond to the guy's "status request". The customer went to the dealership when they were closed, found his car via the Vin#. He then called the next day inquiring about his car only to have the dealership tell him they sold it to someone else (after he had waited 12 weeks).

IF the dealership puts a priority of 10 and you are in the first ones in their allotment que, I'd say 8 weeks sounds about right for delivery.

Dealers do indeed have access to priority 2 (since that's how mine was ordered). It's tough to get them to assess a priority of 2 since they reserve it for units that are "special circumstances" (read into that what you will). My dealer was surprised I knew about it. Since I ordered during one of the worst snow storms in recent memory, and the dealership was having a super slow month (Feb), the agreed to give me the #2 priority. It's a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Carfreak, I ordered my V-6 Mustang Convertible here in the Northeast at the end of March. The dealer has not heard anything about a delivery date yet. Any word about your fathers car? Have you heard of a solid delivery date estimate?
  • Fishskinz, the A or Z plan basically gives you the car for approx. 2% below cost or alittle below the dealer's cost. For a GT, that could be as much as 4K in savings depending on accessories. Some dealers will honor, some will not, best to establish that before ordering or buying from the lot. Sure hope your wrong on the production schedule, my v-6 with Z plan was ordered at the end of march.
  • ALL, WHO HAS RECIEVED THEIR MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE AND WHEN DID YOU ORDER IT?
  • wildhorsewildhorse Posts: 10
    I didn't have to order my convertible, when we were car shopping around just a few weeks ago and the Ford dealer had a black v6 convertible come in the next day from his "holding place" we test drove it then asked if he could find us a Sonic blue one just like it but with automatic transmission.(We also test drove a used gt coupe he had on the lot and liked the feel of the v6 better). He got on the dealer internet and within minutes found us one in the next state and had a deal to trade the black one for it. We had it the very next day and took it home! It pays to ask a dealer to see if he can find what you want. I guess we got lucky because another dealer was looking for one for us too and he had gotten two states away and was still looking for what we wanted when we called and said we found one and bought it. Looking at what some of the dealers are doing to you guys with orders still not filled I really suggest you try and find one this way this late in the game. It was hard to find a 05 mustang to test drive as they are flying off the lots as fast as they get them in.

I'm not surprised prices would go up, everything with steel in it went up this year with motorcycles as there is a shortage for it.
  • rthibrthib Posts: 1
    Looking at leasing a V6 Vert Auto for my daughter.
    I am A-Plan so I can easily see what price I will pay.
    Does anyone know what the multiplier/residual value is on the 05 Mustang, so I can figure out playments on a 3 year lease.
  • caballocaballo Posts: 6
    Wildhorse, I've had a similar experience to yours. Most of the dealers in Austin have plenty of V6 coupes and convertibles in stock. A couple have GT coupes as well even though the Ford site doesn't show them in inventory. Problem is that they all want MSRP on the GT's and most of these are standard transmission models.

I'll probably wait until the 06's come out to see if the supply situation gets better and dealers are more willing to deal. I also think the longer we wait the more GT's we'll see on the used market.

BTW- did you find your dealer more willing to negotiate on the V6 convertible? I would expect there's more flexibility on those in my area since the dealers have them on the lots right now in substantial numbers.
  • well i dont think the prices on a gt are gonna come down any time before next fall as the demand is still there; i just picked up a gt convert manual and was able to get it at msrp and feelfortunate; now i have never paid any where near msrp but being realistic i wanted this car now and not 12 months from now; i was able to find a car being built on jun 8 that was not allocated and picked all my own options so i have a car that i really want; just a matter of choice but i am in my late 50's and want to have a chance for fun before too old to crawl outl lol
    vic

totally understand. I'm 42 and I'm chomping at the bit myself (no pun intended). I really want the GT convertible and hope I can hold out.

Enjoy your GT!
  • After reading all the post here I finally got fed up and went back to the dealership to ask WTH??? (I had been just calling in every Friday for the last 19 weeks to see if my order was picked up).
    Any ways, I spoke to a general manager and he told me all the same stuff that the sales person told me. Showed me the Orders List and everything. I explained my situation (current car falling apart) and asked to be moved to a higher priority so that I could have a chance at getting my 05. He indicated that he couldn't do that.... never actually said the words "I can't get you a higher priority" just kinda danced around it. He called me the next day and told me that the one person on the list in front of me (ordered 2 days before me) was willing to wait for an 06 so he put me on top.
    He also said that he got an allocation for 1 build and that it was mine. Said I would have a VIN within 2 weeks and should take delivery within 6 weeks. I asked him that if I called Ford Direct again, would it show that my car has been selected for production? He said something about it would have a code that it was selected but no VIN yet. SI or MI or something like that. Can't remember now.
    He also said that this was the LAST week that Ford was going to ping dealers for orders on the 05s. Looks like I snuck in under the wire )
    Bottom line is that I am happy to be at least one step further then "Unscheduled/Clean" on the dealers report although I am still expecting something to go wrong and I won't get my 05 GT.
    Thanks for all the info folks.
  • adam8gadam8g Posts: 4
    Hey there,

Live in Northern CA - San Francisco bay area - san Jose.
    Local dealer has convertible V-6's on the lot with
    "LOOK - NO DEALER MARK UP" stickers on the window.

As for V-6 hardtops - basic car with stick - invoice or one guy quoted 300 under.
    As for GT's - am ordering my convertible today - MSRP
    Heard on the TV that FORD,in order to compete with GM, is going to offer employee pricing to friends' of employees.

Anyone know details?
    While employee pricing in general would be nice, I doubt that they would offer it for Mustangs. No upside for them on a car that can't keep up with demand.
  • cobra07cobra07 Posts: 3
    Well said.... Same thing going on in san diego,calif..Some of the dealers are going to msrp w/o mark- up...But thats it..GT's very rare...Same factory / dealership Scam / Perfect Storm they dream of....A model meets the desire or needs of the buyer and they continue to build the STANDARD model instead of the GT....AT WHAT 15 - 20 TO 1 ??? Supply and demand means $$$$$$$$$ to them.. Not a call to simply change the drivelines and options @ the build line...Their front line dept's /marketing/prevue shows and surveys probably gave them clear indication of demand....Paying over msrp is plain old gouging like gas stations or medicine co's.....Just like the Harleys, PT Cruisers, VW's and so on...Even @ so called invoice dealers get back 4 + % on the total..Plus other kicks ..Showing higher cost they even end up screwing the salesperson...Who'da thought ?...You guys and gals take care...........Thanks for listening.........To bad FORD doesn't !!!
    Any feedback on if this is an OK deal?
    Loaded premium trim - everything but the Shaker 1000
    Tungsten / red trim sport

btw - anyone know what the optional 18" wheels look like?

Thanks

San Jose california