Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Interesting, I've got a dealer offering me a VERYsimilar GT to jagzbimmer's:
    2005 GT CONV PREMIUM
    5-SPEED AUTO TRANSMISSION 995
    INTERIOR COLOR ACCENT PKG 175
    INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE 450
    WHEEL LOCKING KIT 50
    CONVERTIBLE BOOT COVER 115

But it's substantially more money: MSRP: $33155 with my price being $31655.
  • Hi Graphicguy,

That was a real great info,thxs for that.I have seen zainos site and found a lot of products in them which of them do u think is gonna help for a car protection that is not gonna be in a garage .which of the range of products from Z 2 to Z 18 is of real value to buy.or should i consider the ultimate protection kit which includes all?

Coming to the mirror u mentioned a switch on the mirror which i did not find in mine is it something that i need to install? or can u recommend me anything?

Thanks for ur advice inadvacne.

Cheers
    Shalu
  • Ford Mustang

There are plenty of discussions about accessories, etc.. Please ask your questions there..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 6,926
    Some very quick answers....

kyfdx is right about finding info about all theings "new" Mustang being in the other thread.

Shalu.....the mirror I'm referring to would be after market. I think Ford accessories would have them. Ask your dealer about them. Zaino Z7 (wash), Z2 + accelerator (show car polish) would be the minimum I would buy.

jim....run, don't walk from your current dealership. You were "low balled".You've got your deposit back. The Mustang is a hot item. You aren't going to get below invoice or even below invoice deals on them. With the new "pony package", the V6 is getting even more popular than it was with the '05 models.

cary....that's a good price on the V6, Pony Package convertibles. Mostly, the convertibles are going for at or around MSRP.
  • Thanx graphicguy. I did start negotiating with a few dealers again already. Thus far I've gotten 3 quotes around $27500 for a black v6 vert with leather, pony package, interior upgrade, & side airbags - I think that's about $1500 under invoice. I'll be ordering it from Ford which is fine as long as I get the car I want. :) Chances are I'll decide on one of those dealers either today or tomorrow & head on over this weekend to close a deal & will keep you updated. What should I do differently this time? What should I be walking out with after I place my order with the dealer? Any questions I should ask?
    Any further advice would be great!
  • Cary1,

My GT is a coupe, not a convertible.... :shades:
  • A dealer in the Cincinnati area today advertised..

Any '06 Mustang GT in stock... coupe or convertible.. $96 over invoice...

Prices only good this weekend... No other details...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• I bought out my leased Honda Accord last week. It's a 2002 Accord LX Coupe and I had been the only-ever owner (picked it up with 31 km's on it). Since the car has low mileage and is in excellent shape, buying out the lease and then reselling it made perfect sense to me.

In acquiring the used-car-sale package (required in Ontario to sell a used car), I found that somebody who I had never heard of had a lien against by VIN#. Further investigation with the help of Honda Canada revealed that somehow, somebody else had leased a car with exactly the same VIN# (hence the lien). This other party was contacted and asked to verify their VIN aginst their ownership (to rule out a data entry error) - they have verified that the VIN on the vehicle itself matches the VIN on my vehicle.

My guess at this point is that the other car was illegally resold (possibly stolen or previously written off).

I'm wondering if Honda Canada had sold me my vehicle without first doing a lien check to ensure that the car was actually sellable. At the very least, I did not get full disclosure. I cannot resell the vehicle until they figure out this mess - so how could Honda have sold me that vehicle under the same conditions?

Any advice on how to proceed? Do I have any legal case against Honda? This is in Toronto, Ontario.

Thx,
    -jj
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,970
    Since this is a discussion about Ford Mustang pricing.. (hence, the title), you might have better luck posting your questions here:

Any Questions For a Car Dealer?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

• Already did thanks! My appologies - didn't realize it was the wrong group until after the post...

-jj
    kyfdx....was that Castrucci by any chance?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,970
    Yes... in Milford.. the ad was in the Enquirer...

Thanks, ky....

For what it's worth, a friend of mine is looking for a Mustang GT. She took the ad to Castrucci. They said it was a printing error, but honored the price, anyway. Unfortunately, they didn't have the color she wants.

It looks like prices are "breaking" on the GTs (finally). That's not too surpirsing given the fact that winter is just around the corner (not a good time to be selling RWD coupes).
  • Got lucky and found a 06 GT premium. Red on Red. Sticker 28,500. Dealer actually gave it to me for $28,000. Bought it on the the 30th. Maybe end of the month and small dealer in MD was the reason. Anyone else getting $$ off sticker. :)
    Anything off MSRP on a GT should be considered a "good deal" on these cars.

While pricing does seem to be softening a bit on the GTs, I still think we're a ways away from rebates or near invoice deals (if they happen at all).

I'm sure end of month buying could have something to do with it. On the other hand, it could be the fact that both GM and Ford are taking a beating with their SUV and truck sales, too. Therefore, betting on car sales to keep their heads above water.
  • I just looked at 2x black GT premiums with the IUP they were at Crown Ford in Fayetteville NC
  • Looking at a Mustang GT Premium with stripes, louvers on side windows, upgraded interior, locking wheel nuts, front/side air bags, auto transmission and a few other extras for 28k. Good price?
  • I'm purchasing a 2006 V6 Convertible Deluxe, Black Ext, Black Top, Medium Parchment Interior:

5 Speed automatic
    V6 Pony Package
    Interior Upgrade
    Leather Seats
    Convertible Boot.

I'm paying $26,571+Tax+Tags. This is about 4.8% over the dealer's cost.

What do you think?
    vistaboo....hard to tell about your pricing since the louvers are a dealer installed option. Don't know what they charge for that.

gameover.....that sounds like a good deal considering the '06s just hit the dealers lots.
  • They have a price of $1400 for the louvers and the rally stripes, already installed on the car.