Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lmmlmm Posts: 70
    This was on the lot and I bought it.
  • jpiatchekjpiatchek Posts: 177
    Just saw a display ad today in our local Sunday paper advertising Four 2005 Mustand GT's for sale. MSRP of $29,170 and sale price at $26,999. There is a red, black, silver and a blue. Don't know if they are 5M or autos. They are offered by Campbell Ford Mercury in Ozark, Mo. I know the owner and they are reputable. Sounds like a good deal for some of you who are still waiting. Will try to check them out later today.
  • Hi stray, did you get your mustang yet? Mine was built around the same time as yours, and am still waiting to hear something. Its taking as long to ship this car as it did to build it! Hopefully we'll hear something this week.
  • straystray Posts: 11
    Hi, mcbuskster
    No, I haven't got mine yet. Dealer got my hopes up by telling me the arrival date was pushed up to the week of 12/23. Now it looks like I'm back to 1/5/06. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)
  • kbtkbt Posts: 27
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I did give my husband his '03 triple-black GT convertible for Christmas.

And he's not keeping it. LOL!

Loves the car, loves that I did it, but he just feels too constrained in it. He's 6-4 and I don't know if the interior is really any smaller than his '85 or if he's just used to more headroom now, but we'll be ditching both his suburban and this in favor of something else.

I got a good deal on it, so I'm not worried about the turnaround. However, he's a little cranky that I won't let him drive it now, after the first couple days. If we're selling it I'm not adding miles and risking something happening to it. He had his fun playtime with it; now it's garaged. The kids are devastated. LOL!
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    The window sticker say FRT FLOOR MATS MUSTANG LOGO as part of the pony package.

Does your floor mats have the running horse logo or does it just say Mustang?

Mine just says Mustang and I thought it should have the running horses.

Just wondering what others received.
  • Can anyone give me advice on the best time to buy a convertible. I am really wanting an 06 GT premium convertible but do not know whether it would be best to wait until late spring or buy now. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. My gut tells me now would be the best time b/c of supply/demand but my pocket book says wait! Any other information which can be provided regarding the hard top vs. convertible is appreciate as well! Happy new year to all!
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,092
    purple....congrats.

Not to worry. Another 8-9 weeks and you'll be through with the white stuff for a while.

Have fun!
  • jlaszlojlaszlo Posts: 30
    If they're available and you can get a discount definitely buy now. More people in the convertible market in Spring. FYI, Adamson Ford in Birmingham, AL has a leftover red 2005 Premium GT that they'll heavily discount.
  • straystray Posts: 11
    The info I saw on brochure/website showed the mats with a small metal tag with the word "Mustang".
  • wkeyswkeys Posts: 3
    The "A" plan is the Ford employee plan, and you must have a PIN number provided to you by Ford. That PIN number will enable you to purchase 1 vehicle only.
  • Just curious - a friend of mine has offered me one of their family member's "friends and family" discount. However, it is her husband's father who is a retiree from Ford. What type of discount is this exactly? Just curious as to if it is really worth it?
  • Also forgot to ask - what's the difference in Sticker & Invoice? I keep seeing people talking about the invoice price - what's the difference?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,613
    Sticker price = MSRP.. the price on the window sticker..

Invoice = Wholesale price... what the dealer pays Ford for the car..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I ordered my 2006 GT premium vista blue convertible in early October from a very small dealership in WI. The dealer wasn't sure he could get it, but said he gets one GT a year. Still haven't heard anything and I'm going crazy. Any ideas?

Vistablues
  • Vistablues -- ask your dealer for the VIN, and if they would check on the build and shipping status for you. Once you have a VIN it is much easier to get info. I ordered my V6 in late Oct and still dont have it, but heard this week thats it has finally shipped. It was built on 12/12 almost a full month ago! Make them check for you, they can find out if it has been built, or is at least scheduled. good luck!
  • Hi everyone--new to this board--bought my wife a 2006 Mustang GT Premium Convertible on Christmas Eve from Gillespie Ford in San Antonio, Texas--was a "spur-of-the-moment" decision--but I think we did well--paid $31,994 before TTL--below invoice. It is Torch Red with red leather interior, Shaker 1000 and the 18" Premium Wheels--Manual--Interior Upgrade Package--Convertible Boot--Locking Wheels--Active Alarm--Front Side Airbags--Color Accent Package--Spoiler--NICE! After buying it and doing some research--these Torch Red GT Convertibles with Red Leather seem hard to find--guess we lucked out--first place we looked--first place we bought--didn't even test drive before buying--and again--think we got a great deal! My insurance went up $30 per month (traded 2005 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4X4)--all in all--life is great! Only complaint--cheesy floormats--but fixed that--ordered red mats with pony logo from Mustang Tuning.com for $74.99!! Talk with you soon--take care!
  • yannickyannick Posts: 17
    Evidently my Pony was built on Jan 4th (my salesman told me it was "bucked" - that means it was completed I guess) and that it would take 2 weeks to get here, give or take a few days.

The process will have taken exactly 8 weeks, if I get it in 2 weeks. Not bad considering that they shut down the factory for two weeks at the end of the year.

Its sort of been a pain, and I am tired of not having a car, but I guess when I see it, I wiil forget the last 2 months.

Good luck to everyone out there with their Mustangs!
  • noticed people with questions about the pony package, in particular the floor mats.
    what about the floor mats in the gt?? mine dont have mustang or the logo anywhere on them is it possible someone at the dealership switched out my mats?
  • hey vistablues...I'll give you a good story, I too ordered at 2005 GT Premium, in Nov. 2004...from a small WI dealer...by June of 2005, still no Mustang, was told Ford could not produce 13,000 orders. Scrapped my order! Went back to same dealer end of June 2005, reordered a 2006. Was informed at that time that the dealer had a small allotment, wish I'd known that months ago! After the July shutdown Ford has to retool, I bugged the daylights out of Ford Direct, called the 800# weekly and complained. WHERE IS MY CAR? I think they finally got tired of me complaining, I finally got my car Dec. 16, 2005, exactly 13 months after my initial order. Find out what your dealers allotment is, find out what priority they gave you, if it's not a priority 10, you'll likely not see your car for a long time. I had a priority 10 the 2nd time around and it still took 5 months to get it. A guy who ordered from the same dealership 2 months after me is STILL WAITING for his car! I was told when I picked it up if I hadn't of kept complaining like I did, I most likely still wouldn't have it. Take your order to a bigger dealership, show them the pricing, if they'll match, you're likely to get your car quicker. I had major patience...but am very happy with my Torch Red GT...she's a beauty. Very fun to drive, am finally getting used to it, feels bigger than the 96 GT I had. Good luck, I hope you have better results than I did!!
    Lisa T in WI...... :shades: