Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• What area of the country have you experienced this?

Tx
  • I bought a loaded '06 GT Premium right afer the new year for invoice + $250 doc fee. That was factory order. (It should be here by the end of this month!) Raleigh, NC.
  • My Vista Blue GT Premium 5SP is being built tomorrow! I should have it home in about a week after that. I ordered it on 1/25/06. The only things that I added were the 18" Fanblades and the IUP. Including the destination charge, I am getting this baby for the x-plan price......Of course, buying a new Freestyle "helped" them decide to honor the x-plan price on mt GT. If you want an Automatic GT, my dealer here in Atlanta has about 10 of them in all colors. My salesman told me that the 5SP's were quite popular and that they go fast! Just a few more days of AGONY until I can leave 2 nice black strips as I drive it home from the dealership.
  • The local Ford Dealer here in Fort Myers has over 90 Gt's listed in there inventory. I am gonna check it out today and see if i can get one for invoice. I would think with that kind of inventory they would do it.
  • Local St. Louis dealers had been adding $2,ooo - $4,ooo over MSRP for GT's.

Then we noticed a few on their lots without the damned 'market adjustment' pricing sticker.

Drove by one dealer tonight to check out a Premium GT convertible - no mark-up on the sticker and the salesman jumped at my offer of $1,000 less than MSRP.

Really thought that was a pretty good deal for our market. Any advise?
  • Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Just be CAREFULL which Ford dealer you buy from. I've had some BAD experiences with some of the St Louis Ford Dealers. (V F, P C) And a few others have a REALLY bad BAD rating on the better business burearu.

Do your research and you should be fine. I bought mine from a dealer in Chesterfield Valley and haven't had ANY problems.

Good luck on bringing home a GT for your driveway.
  • Cool - thanks!

At work now and can't check it; but will do tonight.

Want to compare notes with you before we buy. Really hope to have it setting in the driveway this weekend.
  • Didn't get your e-mail at home. Found out that the dealer we are talking with now has 25 complaints with the BBB in the last 36 months. Sounds pretty bad compared to some of the others we checked.

Damned - thought we did a really good job with the research; but I never even thought of checking with the BBB!

Definitely interested in what you have to say! Email me or give me?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    Please don't post e-mail addresses within your post.. If you want someone to have your e-mail address, then click on Preferences on the left-hand side of the page, and mark your e-mail address as "public".

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I leased an 06 Pony package convertible white/parchment with automatic, Intrusion alarm, boot cover, wheel locks.
    MSRP is $28300. Agreed lease price is $26,100. This means I got it at $2200 below MSRP or $200 over invoice.
    Lease rate is only 1.25% for the 36 month lease. To sum it up, I only will pay $700 interest or rent charge for a $26,000 car in 3 years. I think you need $2,000 to start a lease on a $25,000 mustang. A mustang with your specs will cost about $27,000 MSRP, and after haggling it can go down to $25,000. Try leasing only if you can get Ford's Red carpet lease. The residual or payoff after 3 years is 53 percent of MSRP or 14900 for me.
  • Thanks for the advise!

Obviously all this new technology confuses me - I don't even have a cell phone!

You are doing a nice job here - very useful site!
  • I don't know why it didn't go through. I just sent you another mail. You must of been looking at S-F West Port, they have a bad BBB rating. I also had problems with the dealer when I stopped in to get information from them. It was as if nobody wanted to waist their time, so I left. I emailed you (hopefully) info on the dealer that I purchased from. They were AWESOME to deal with no problems and my salesman was GREAT! Let me know if it doesn't come through this time.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,100
    Just a bit of history....the Mustang (particularly the GT) sold way better than Ford's projections in '05. Sales for the '06 are strong, too. For all of '05 and most of '06 (so far), the GTs were hard to get. It seems supply has eased a bit now...after being on the market for 1.5 years (for the new platform/body style).

I'm fortunate enough that I get to travel a lot for work...all over North America. In my travels, I've yet to see any Ford dealership with more than a 2-3 GTs in stock. I'd venture to say that NO dealership has 90 Mustangs (let alone GTs) in stock. They may CLAIM that. But, it doesn't make it true.

The result of all of this is that Mustang GTs have brought MSRP (or above) in the past. Since supply has eased a little, I would think there are some out there that can get special employee pricing (very hard to do last year) or discounts on in-stock units (if you can find one you want). But, Ford offers no special incentives, rebates, etc on them.

So, if you can get one at $1,000 off MSRP, I'd jump on it.

Many deals involve trades, so it's tought to ascertain what the real bottom line price was. Trade values vary by dealer and region. Plus, we never know if a dealer over under allowed on a trade to make a deal on a new car (which always affects the price paid). Some dealers have very high "fees" (like document fees, accessories, etc) that also pad the final cost.

I had one of the first '05 Mustang GTs in my state. I was lucky enough that I ordered it during one of the worst winters, in one of the worst snow storms in local recent memory. The dealership was willing to order it on an employee pricing plan, based on the fact they had no business due to weather at the time. I ended up selling it 9 months later for no other reason than I made money on it. I don't think that same thing can be done today, but these are still high demand cars.

Remember, the closest competitors are the Dodge Charger (Hemi, 4-door, automatic only) and the GTO (won't be made after this year). Both are more expensive than the Mustang GT. That means the demand for Mustang GTs will remain "hot" for a while.
  • Thanks for your input!

Actually we looked very closely at the Chargers - great value but they lost out in the 'fun to drive' category. SRT8 was the real winner, just could not justify $40,000 and premium gas, etc.

Hemi RT with the 350 HP package was priced at $29,500 for 'Friends of Chrysler'. But for $3,000+ more it will just be too hard to pass up the drop top 'Stang!

GTO was deadly fast and a real kick to drive; but 'butt ugly' and had red guages.

Hopefully we have the car all picked out, it is in stock and offered at $1,000 under MSRP. They are asking $125 'doc fee'; but they should be negotiable on that, too. Only reservation is that the dealer has 25 BBB complaints in the last 36 months.

But then again, we don't need to service the car where we bought it, do we??

Again, thanks for your help!
  • lmmlmm Posts: 70
    The shortage of GT's is easing.

Plus many dealers have stopped taking orders for 06's. YOu can order an 07 next month.

If you are willing to travel the South has a surplus of GT's you can get at X plan or invoice.
  • No you don't have to have the car serviced where you purchased it, but from experience, it makes things alot easier. The dealers seem to give perferential treatment to "their" customers first. I tried that once but ended up going back to my purchasing dealer for service so I could avoid the hassels.

If you are planning on buying an extended warranty, MAKE sure you guy the Ford warranty, not an off brand that they might sell you. Alot of those have to be taken back to the purchasing dealer for warranty work.

Good luck
  • Hey guys. I test drove my Mustang today. v-6 Coupe Premium with automatic tran. and leather. But I think the leather is standard. Anyway the invoice is $21,700. That is as low as he says he could go. With taxes tags etc it is $22,400. I was told that Ford never ever ever gives rebates on mustangs because they hold their value so well. Also that dealers never ever knock anything off the price because of this also. Is this true? Is there any reason for me to haggle if dealers never knock any off. I am planning to put $6,000 cash down so I thought I might could get it for $20,500. Let me know what you experienced mustangs owners think. Any advice would be appreciated. -D
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,100
    You should be able to negotiate on a V6, as they are much more plentiful than the GTs. Go to a couple of dealers and see what they'll do, pricewise. $500 over invoice should get a deal done on a V6.

The Mustang has been such a sales success, that Ford doesn't have to rebate it, at all.
  • If your buying a stock mustang off their lot, you probably won't get them to come down much because they know that somebody else will be right behind you willing to pay the higher price. Ford hasn't been offering ANY rebates or incentives on the new Mustangs. That part is true, but some dealers have been willing to Order people Mustangs with x plan or employee pricing, but you have to find a dealer that is willing to do this BEFORE you order your car.

If your happy with the price then I say go for it.

Good Luck
  • riposteriposte Posts: 160
    Not sure where you are (I'm in central Florida), but 'Stangs aren't moving very quickly.

There'a a local dealer with a 2005 V6 convertible leftover that's been there forever. They also have a couple of GT's that have been on the lot for 2 months.