Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pgc1877pgc1877 Posts: 1
    Bought it last night... Highland Green, List $32,855 (Bullitt with Security pack) $4000 rebate, $3000 discount. A lot of car for the money...
  • hs8784hs8784 Posts: 1
    PGC, Congrats...can you list more details about the rebates and discount you received?

Thanks
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    List $32,855 (Bullitt with Security pack) $4000 rebate, $3000 discount.

So are you saying you got it for $25,855?
  • eaglegeagleg Posts: 87
    Last Saturday picked up an “09" premium GT with glass top, 5 speed and all the stuff! Sticker was $34,900! Gloss black, 18" polished wheels, all GT packages, 355 LSD! Dropped $4500 off sticker! $1500 cash back/2.9 for 5 years and 45 days deferred payments.$29,695. OUCH! But worth every penny! Haven't had this much fun since the early 70' s! Lots of incentives, but they're going fast! Didn't care for the 2010's, not enough retro, SS Camaros are nice but not enough old school and no good deals! If you're looking for a 2009, now is the time!
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    I leased a 2008 Mustang V6 convertible early last year. The car comes off lease end of March 2010. I know I'm early with this question but I like to try to plan ahead.

Anyone know if Ford Credit will negotiate the buy out price should I decide that I want to keep the car? Can I negotiate directly with them or must I go through a dealer? Can I use any dealer or must I deal with the dealer I leased the car from? If I decide to return the car, can I return it to any Ford dealer or must I return it to the dealer I leased it through?

That should do me for now. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
  • sunfoxdsunfoxd Posts: 1
    I'm searching on AutoTrader and Cars.com looking for a REGULAR 1999 Mustang (Not a GT, in other words).

I found one that I'm not sure whether it's a good deal or not. The Kelly Blue Book states the car is worth about $4110 in Excellent condition for Retailer pricing. Everything seems all right (they claim everything works, but if I go to check it out, I'm gonna be pretty scrutinizing), and they want about $3995 for it.

My only issue is the mileage. It's got about 162,525 miles on it. Is this even worth buying? Note: It does have a custom paint job and "highly customized interior".

Here's the link for the Cars.com ad: 1999 Ford Mustang
    You might get 50K more relatively trouble free miles out of it. Why on Earth do you want a '99 V6 Mustang?:confuse: Something sentimental about that car?
  • Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't pay 4K for anything with 162K miles. There are a lot of cars at that price point with half that many miles.
  • michaellnomichaellno Posts: 4,300
    There are a lot of cars at that price point with half that many miles.

And my son in California bought one earlier this year. '97 or '98 Mustang V6 with 80K on the clock for around $4K. From what I've been told - I haven't seen the car myself - the car is in near perfect condition.

So, it can be done.
  • dont buy one they are a piece of crap . i have a new 08 convt.. it is a :lemon: ......

FORDS ARE JUNK......................
  • beerme1beerme1 Posts: 66
    Buy one if you can but make sure at a minimum that you get a gt. I have an 07 California Special Convertible and it is without a doubt the most fun I have had in a car in the last ten years.
    p.s. I am only replying because of the troll message before me by l.t. who may be able to afford finer cars for a lot more money. But let me tell you for the money the 07 vert cali spec that I bought has been the best car of my life and my wife LOVES it also so thats a nice bonus. I was so close to buying a Cadillac CTS which I think would also have been the most fun car of my life but in a very different manner.
    Hey L T, lemon my [non-permissible content removed]. This FORD ROCKS! :shades: Sorry if you didn't get what you wanted though. Seriously
  • Is nobody buying these cars? Why no prices paid and buying experiences? I want a loaded GT convertible. What will it cost me?
  • eaglegeagleg Posts: 87
    You should bet able to get 15% or more off sticker plus incentives and exceptional financing! If not find a different dealer!
  • I'd love to know what dealer would give me 15% off sticker on a new Mustang ragtop. I'm not aruguing that you can't get it just because I haven't had that experience; it's an honest question. Who would offer me that? If the sticker is $32K that means that I could buy the car for a little more than $27K, plus incentives?

I've poked around on some pricing websites and for what I'd be interested in I'm seeing $1500 or so off msrp plus incentives. I'm leasing a 2008 V6 Premium convert that has to go back end of March. I think it's a great car - fun to drive, got all the bells and whistles, haven't had a single problem with it. The buyout is around $22K and I'm thinking of buying it. I know the car, the mileage is a little less than 15k and there's still a year left on the bumper to bumper. So far it doesn't look like they'll negotiate the buy out price, but I'm still trying. From what I've seen around used, the car might be worth close to $22k in the open market. Also I'm not a real big fan of the new body style - the back end looks shorter than mine. That's just a matter of taste. The other thing is that they don't sell the new Mustang in the color I have - vapor metallic - and everyone who sees that color loves it.

Tough decision. Ford will give me an additional $1500 off a new one because I'm a current leasing customer. They don't have a current leasing program on the new Mustang, so to lease a new one would not be cost effective. Of course if you don't like the product there's little sense in going for a new one.
  • jlcjlc Posts: 30
    Hey folks, I need some advice. I love the look of the 2011 Shelby GT but I have some concerns about the top. How reliable are they as far as leaking? Also when I price it out the way I want it we are looking at 50k. This puts me in the same $$$ as my other choice an SLK 300 which is a hard top convert. Any help would be appreciated.

Joe
  • I got a 2010 premium cnvrt with under 6k miles clean title. california car. has leather , sync/bluetooth/ipod connct , shaker system, illuminated door sills for $24k
  • I visited a local Ford dealer and asked for information on a Ford Mustang. I was asked to sit down in the showroom and they would "try" to find some information. The salesperson walked by several times and asked questions like "what color do you want?" or "do you want the high end sound system"? I said I did not know what is available and did they have something that showed the options? They said they were looking for literature or a sales form. After about 10-12 minutes, I left and gave them my business card and said to call me when they find the information. All I got was a survey call a few days later asking about my "buying experience".
    What you got is what happens all too often at more than just Ford dealerships. Instead of listening to you and getting you the info like you requested, the salesman was simply going to try to force a sale on you. It's good you walked away, and if it had been me, I would've slammed them on the survey.
  • chode96chode96 Posts: 8
    Has anyone had any experience with buying a 2011 GT Premium? Are the dealers holding firm, or is there some wiggle room?
  • wilcoxwilcox Posts: 581
    edited April 2010
    WIGGLE ROOM? IMO not hardly any on 2011 Mustang for at least 4 months...

I hear that they'll accept X-Plan participants and they are now placing their personal orders on 2011 models...so, that's about, say, ~ $2,500 ~ off...or so....not too bad for a brand new "enhanced" play toy.

Plenty of Wiggle Room on 2010 models. Get yours now before only the 'dogs' are the only leftovers.