Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• delcorbettdelcorbett Posts: 11
    I was at a dealer today, scooping prices. Is a 2010 mustang v6 with auto and the satin strip and wing worth 22,211.16 out the door? There is a 2000 dollar rebate and my xplan pin took another 1000 off but the out the door price was 22,211.16. It was not horrid but it did not make me jump for joy? any thoughts? Ohh the the 2011 v6 with auto only had 500 on the xplan, so no for me :(
  • avery89avery89 Posts: 1
    Purchased a 2010 GT for 25k OTD (not the Premium) in North Texas.

3000 rebate
    500 rebate using Ford financing (8.5% with excellent credit). No pre-payment penalty.

I was already pre-approved through Bank of America for 3.8 for 60 months, so I'll be refinancing the loan before my first payment. I usually pay my cars off in 3 years or less.

Also added:
    7 year warranty: 1600
    Gap insurance: 340
    Total: 26940 OTD

Turns out I should have asked for a better price on the 7 year warranty. A 3 year warranty comes with the car, so really, I paid 1600 for 4 years or 400/year. Can't win'em all :( . Besides, the car is an excellent ride. I'm happy with my purchase. :)
  • craigfordsalescraigfordsales MichiganPosts: 6
    Hello everyone! Anyone from the Metro Detroit area looking for pricing and other information on the all new 2011 Mustang - I am happy to help!! Craig
  • just an observation not criticism but if you have excellent credit you should have qualified for about 6% - i did last month letting the dealer finance locally. you would have saved more than the rebate was worth.
  • crestonavecrestonave Posts: 219
    Last week I bought this car at the end of my two year lease. I actually extended the lease for two months while I was deciding what to do. It finally came down to the fact that I couldn't find anything that I liked as much as my 2008, which is fully loaded (except nav) and only has 16k on it. My buyout price was probably a tick more than retail book but there's no way I could locate a used 2008 equipped like mine, and even if I did, I'd be trading a known for an unknown.

I financed around $21k for four years. My bank offered me 3.75 which included discounts for direct debit and existing customer. The dealer got me 3.44% for four years from Fifth Third Bank. I'm in the NYC metro area if this makes a diff. I have top credit. Hope this helps.
  • Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some advice on buying this Mustang.

It is a bright blue 2011 V6 Mustang (base model) with automatic transmission and a spoiler added on. The price of the car is $24,200 with the dealer giving me a selling price of $21,000. After TTL, the car comes out to $22,600 OTD. I live in Texas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!
  • rsmith8rsmith8 Posts: 47
    Of course, selling price is only part of the deal. (Financing, trade-in, etc.) You don't mention a trade-in, but the difference between $21,000 and $22,600 OTD doesn't quite cover Texas 6.25% sales tax, much less title and license. Bottomline, if you do not have a trade-in and the vehicle is as described (2011 Base Coupe with 6 speed automatic and factory installed rear deck spoiler), I think you have a very fair deal. Go for it!
    My bad. $1600 more than covers the Texas sales tax. Still that leaves less than $300 for all title/license and any documentation charges. Sounds good.
  • Thank you for the advice. I do not have a trade-in and I will try to pay with cash so no financing. I just hope that they don't try to mess with the price when I decide to take the deal and buy the car!

Thank you very much for the help!

- Kate
    I live in the Houston area and watch the ads in the Chronicle closely. I'll watch the ads for any promotion deals on 2011 base coupes this weekend if you like. BTW, my recent experience got the best deal when I was willing to finance. I plan to pay off the loan in 4 months anyway.
    FYI, today's Houston Chronicle (Aug 28) has a promo ad for 2011 Mustang with MSRP $23,390 for $19,495, ($1000 rebate, $2895 dealer discount). Champion Ford.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Are you still buying Mustangs, and if so, for how much?
  • simmsimm Posts: 6
    Today I purchased a black on black 2011 V6 Premium. Came with automatic, 203A package, comfort package, security package, remote start, and back up camera. I paid 26k for the vehicle.
  • js06gvjs06gv Frisco, TXPosts: 178
    Bought my wife a heavily optioned 2011 GT Premium automatic, black with brick red interior. MSRP $37,980. After all rebates, paid $32,687 + TTL. I've always been a GM guy, and set out to buy a Camaro but couldn't stand the interior. The Mustang is a better all-around package that, in my opinion, is much more refined. And the 412 hp 5.0 just sounds great. Incredible car.

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2011 Ford Mustang GT, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

• Would you share the dealership or contact that you got your deal from? I have been lurking for a deal for some time. TIA
  • js06gvjs06gv Frisco, TXPosts: 178
    It was Sam Pack's Five Star Ford in Carrollton, TX.

2014 Kia Optima SX Turbo, 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch, 2011 Ford Mustang GT, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

• Hi,

Trying to help my mom get a good price on a 2011 base Mustang v6. Not too many recent posts here, hoping someone may have some info on a good price?

Thanks,

Shawn
  • I am trying to find some lease info on the 2011 v6 mustange coupe and premium coupe

has anyone leased recently in illinois? 36mo,39mo,48mo?

I was able to get the residual value from one dealership but was told that the money factor is illegal to give out? I read an article saying you can get it from dealer or credit union.
  • cabluecablue Posts: 48
    Anyone have any current purchases on the Mustang? I'm looking at the '11 V6 premium. Trying to get a good idea of price I should push for. With the '12s already out, I'm hoping to get a bargain. I've looked at the TMV, etc... but don't know if it's that current or accurate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.