Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Mustang Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1505152535456»

Comments

• stkntrafficstkntraffic Posts: 172
    I don't know if you can say that. There are a lot more F150 pickups sold than Corollas and Civics. That doesn't mean the American people view them more highly. They're just different vehicles for different purposes. I had a Mustang GT for many years and loved it. When our kids came along I got rid of it for a sedan. Just different needs for different folks.

I do agree that if you would ask the question, what car gives you the most bang for the buck in terms of power, speed and handling for $20K, a V6 stick Mustang is hard to beat.
  • dat2dat2 Posts: 242
    Just to clarify a comment by the super enthusiastic new mustang buyer, a v6 mustang gets nowhere near the mpg as a civic. I know people driving the newer civics and getting mid 30s easily in city driving. The combine mpg of a base mustang is like 22, the same as a 370z actually! Enjoy your new ride! That's all that's important.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,706
    I'm getting 25 mpg combined with mine. I think it's the manual and the stock gearing/tires that do it. That 25mpg combined is in rush hour traffic. complete with half hour traffic jams, no less. The reality is that it gets very good fuel economy if you drive it right. Though, the on-board fuel economy display is consistently 10-15% lower than what the pump says. It says I get 23mpg, and my receipt says 25. I don't know why Ford would be calculating it so far off, and yes, it is a known issue.

I'll sacrifice a few mpg for the rest of what you get, though. 25mpg for my daily commute is pretty nice compared to the 15mpg I was getting in my old car.
  • loncrayloncray Posts: 301
    I'm enjoying the heck out of my 2013 Mustang GT Convertible. It's a total blast to drive, the mileage really isn't bad (17 or so in stop and go city driving; 22 - 25 on the highway), and it looks like a million bucks when it's clean. No, it's not an AMG Mercedes or Ferrari, but I could buy 3 or 4 Mustangs for that sort of money. I've got all those (expensive) bells and whistles, and I don't regret a one of them.
  • I recently helped my father-in-law purchase a new 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Base 6 speed manual with no options.
    MSRP: $22,200
    Delivery: $795
    Total: $22,995

Dealer Discount: $1395
    Ford incentives: $2500
    Purchase price: $19,100
    Total discount: $3895

The prices paid forum is an incredibly valuable tool and I want to say thank you to all those who have contributed.
    Best regards.
  • Hi everyone, just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should buy a 2014 mustang now or wait until closer to when the 2015's come out?
    Here is what I have negotiated so far with some Oklahoma dealers.
    A 2014 v6, ruby red mustang with auto transmission. MSRP is $24585.
    Rebates are $3,000 currently and I have a $750.00 private offer. So $3,750 total rebates.
    Best deal so far is $19,499. The dealer is giving me a $1,336 discount basically.

Do you think this is a great deal?
    Also whether is think rebates will go higher than $3,000 as the 2015's get closer to coming out?

If I can save even a little more I would be willing to wait.

Thanks!
  • I just bought a 2014 Mustang base in manual ($22,200) with the V6 Performance Package ($1995) and the Tech/SYNC Package ($1295). That, plus the $795 delivery charge totals $26,285 MSRP. My dealer discounted the price to $22,700, AND I got another $3500 in rebates -- $19,200 for a truly great car. I am very pleased. It probably helped that I bought the car in the last hours of New Year's Eve -- the last selling day of the last selling month of 2013. I thought about waiting until later in the year for a potentially better discount, but you can't bank on future rebates, and the very rare V6 Performance Package would be almost impossible to find then.

• plektoplekto Posts: 3,706
    edited February 11

You won't get a better deal with the 2015. It's new, has more issues to work out, weighs about the same, (the base model is the same weight - it's the turbo for my guess would be $25K that saves you 200 lbs), and is going to cost you MSRP, period, for the first year due to the fanboys driving prices up. Your total loan after taxes and license will probably be close to 30K. The Mustang to get will be the next generation after this upcoming one (2018 would be my guess) - the real major update. This one is to much evolution and not enough revolution.

You can buy a basic Corolla for $19K or a Mustang for $19K. Um... Yeah. Thought so.

EDIT - That Ruby Red Tricoat is basically laquer-style 70s paint (multiple coats of color and clearcoat mixed together). It'll last twice as long as normal paint and look better as well. Get the car and don't look back.

One thing to note, though, if you can possibly get the FP6 package, GET IT. The Ruby Red and FP6 makes the car look like a $30K+ car. I'd take it over the "Performance" package any day.