Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen TDI Models Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• esteezeesteeze Posts: 102
    So... you bought it? Recently?

Yep...closed it today. Ink is still wet on the paperwork. I go back and pick it up later today.

I'm pretty excited about it; I've been looking at them for a while.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,675
    Sounds nice.... The TDIs come pretty well equipped, right? Auto or stick?

Congratulations.. !!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• esteezeesteeze Posts: 102
    Sounds nice.... The TDIs come pretty well equipped, right? Auto or stick?

Thanks!

It has the 6-speed DSG/auto transmission, which are somewhat unique.

The "Special Edition" comes more or less fully loaded, with the following noteable exceptions:
    - No leather seats (rather, a vinyl-like material... but still has heated driver and passenger seats)
    - No power seats
    - No navigation system

(I didn't really care about those features anyway.)

... just about everything else, though. (power sunroof, Sirius satellite radio, telescoping steering wheel... with audio controls, multi-function display)
  • rodekillrodekill Posts: 4
    I just recently purchased an '04 Jetta TDI, and am wondering does anyone have a cold air delivery system for this model? K&N has a replacement air filter, But all cold air apps stop at '03 What is the diff. in the 2 engines? I'm looking to maximize perfomance and efficiency if that is possible. I'm not new to diesels(I've owned a few), only these.,rodekill
  • ruking1ruking1 Posts: 14,706
    This question has been covered in other VW TDI threads, as this thread concentrates more on pricing experiences.
    Here is a link to the general VW Jetta TDI discussion.

Try asking there...

Thanks,
    kyfdx

• rodekillrodekill Posts: 4
    thanks I wasn't paying attention
  • rtw67rtw67 Posts: 2
    I've been thinking about giving up my truck for an economical car. I've always liked VW but didn't think I would be able to find a TDI Jetta. The two dealers in my area both have 4 - 6 new 2006 TDI's on the lot. I was a bit shocked by that... I'm in Omaha, maybe that's the reason? To me, a 2006 model should have a significant discount, can I expect that from VW?
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,850
    I would not expect a big discount with diesel selling cheaper than regular. The reason they still have 2006 models is for the diesel option. The current TDI will not pass 2007 emissions. So VW is selling 2006 models until they release the new 2008 TDI that is going to be 50 state compliant.

That said. If you like one of the cars at your dealership I would try to get them down to invoice or below.
  • rtw67rtw67 Posts: 2
    That is what I thought. I had a conversation with the dealer today. They pretty much said they wouldn't discount the TDI much at all. But, they have a few 06 Passats with very nice discounts. I might go that route since the bigger car is little nicer for the family. They are not TDI cars, but they still get a lot better mpg than any truck.
  • ashift30ashift30 Posts: 4
    There are no 06 Jetta's left in Houston. Been gone for a while. The emmissions is the reason, when the 08 comes out expect a $2,500 bump. They will hide it in minor redesign but the reality is the re-engineering to hit the sulpher levels. The 06 TDI is a very high demand vehicle.

I have an 06 and I wouldn't trade it for anything on the market. Diesel is 20 cents cheaper and I am getting 42 MPH driving like a bat out of hell. Zero problems. 26K at the 9 month mark.
  • otis12otis12 Posts: 160
    September '07? Anyone know? And which models?
  • feilofeilo Posts: 128
  • bailboybailboy Posts: 20
    I am in the process of purchasing a 2006.5 diesel edition jetta from Langhorne Volkswagen in PA for 100.00 over invoice at 25365.00. I think MSRP was like 26700, something like that. Check out the tdiclub.com website for more information. Plenty of diesel jetta's on the east coast.
    Wow.. great price!

Do they still have the 0%/36 month financing?

To my knowledge this is what they have offering now..

All Jetta and Beetle TDI's now have an enhanced APR rate for tier 1 customers thru VW Credit. The rates are:
    2.9% up to 36 months
    3.9% up to 48 months
    4.9% up to 60 months

The price they quoted me for is for the DSG transmission, the manual transmission is under 25k
    40 mpg and $2.79/gal. for diesel... Makes me want to trade.. :)

I know, I am trading in my 2005 Avalon, I just hope this will turn out to be a good decision based on the history of Volkswagen's reliability. So we'll see..
    Maybe you should bank all of the fuel savings for future repairs? :surprise:

You know what, I am nervous buying any newer cars now. I think there are some serious issues with some of the "new technologies" that they are putting into todays cars. So at this point I think it's a gamble with any car we buy. I have issues with my 05 avalon...and it's the flagship toyota sedan. I will say my GF has had nothing but good results with the maximas that she has owned. But she is averaging about 23mpg...