Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen TDI Models Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mike91326mike91326 SoCalPosts: 245
    This morning I was at my VW dealer for some minor service on my 2009 Jetta TDI and while waiting, I walked around the lot and noticed that they had a few 2010 Jetta TDI sedans and wagons. What I found interesting was that each one had a second sticker that stated: Los Angeles Market Adjustment - $2,500.00. When I bought my 2009 at the end of June I paid $1,000 below invoice and there was no second "market adjustment" sticker.

BTW, none of the 2010 gassers had a "market adjustment" sticker.
  • You saw 2010 SportWagens on the lot? Did you happen to jot down the MSRP? I've yet to hear pricing for a 2010 JSW yet and I'm hoping the increase is no more than the sedan's was (around $360). I have on on order at MSRP (Orange Co., CA) so some dealers aren't being greedy. I guess we'll see how long that "market adjustment" lasts once the pipeline is refilled from Cash for Clunkers.
  • ruking1ruking1 Posts: 14,700
    Well that sounds way cool. Especially if they didn't mark it up by 2,500 to 5,000 so they could give you a LA LA LAND -2,500 adjustment.

If I recall correctly, NorCA dealers started off selling 2009 Jetta TDI's @ 2,000 over MSRP (September 2008)
  • What dealership? I don't think the first JSW sportwagens arrive until the end of this week at the port.
    It was Livingston VW in Woodland Hills. I only saw one JSW. There was no factory sticker just the "market adjustment" sticker and it was covered in plastic.
  • I just spoke with a salesman at Livingston VW in Woodland Hills. They will not have any 2010 JSW TDI's until October. They only have 2010 TDI sedans and no TDI JSW for 2009 or 2010 at this time.
    Any word on the rumor that the 2010 JSW may be offered only in diesel?
  • longo2longo2 Posts: 347
    Ah yes, the dreaded "Side Sticker Scam" the VW dealer in Great Falls has been pulling that one on people for the past couple of years.

They just put any number they think the traffic will bear and put it next to the factory MSRP and give you a song and dance about how much dealer prep they need to do, how hard it is to take all the plastic off, bla bla bla, all with a straight face.

Montana has no State Sales Tax so the Stealership think they have the captive market to screw the customer out of it anyway. There's plenty of profit for everybody at MSRP, this Side Sticker crap is just a blatant rip off.

I hope customers tell the dealerships about Sex and Travel on their way out. :mad:
  • I was in st. louis over the weekend and stopped at Suntrup VW to view the 2010 TDI and they had about 6 of them on their lot. All of them had a market adjustment and other additional options that the dealer added , such as pinstriping, paint sealant, fabric protection, etc. that added about $3000 to the MSRP.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,848
    Are all these crazy VW dealers hoping for another C4C handout? This is a recession. They will be lucky to sell at MSRP. I hope they rot on the lot. It reminds me of Honda and the Accord Hybrid they were so proud of. They had $3000 added to the one I looked at and would not let anyone test drive it. Well those were a Big Bomb for Honda. Hopefully a few greedy dealers do not destroy the market for the VW TDIs.
    Well it was a wagon and it was a TDI. I didn't talk to anyone but without the factory sticker I would guess that it was not for sale at this time.
    I also think (from my 2009 VW shopping experiences anyway) that while the local dealership started out @ above MSRP (2,000 over) , they really "got with the program" so to speak as the 2009 model year sales effort progressed. This is despite a HUGE interest in the TDI option.

This is probably a cruising straight and level @30,000 foot, 20/20 hind sight statement. I think the VW system thought the 2009 goal of 25% diesel was probably VERY aggressive. So I think they just gave the green light to do what it reasonably took to hit those goals. For the JSW, while I do not know the exact TDI target %, even they acknowledged they were more than pleased and did not fore see an 81% JSW TDI scenario. This probably caused a logistic hiccup in providing 56% more TDI engines and drive trains. So I read in passing while the 2009 goal was 25%, they look almost slam dunk to post app 30% or 20% better. I also read in the same article they leaped out and set 40% TDI targets for 2010 MY.
    If VW sells 40% diesel, you can bet Honda and some of the others will get off the dime and bring there own.
    I think that VW might see that 40% diesel target and execution as a two edged sword. :blush:

On the other hand, if the factors coalesce, why would they not want to EXCEED 40% ? Say like 50-55%?.

That 81% TDI JSW (Jetta Station Wagon) figure must have really jazzed them, especially if the target was 25% !?
    I am not sure what this will ultimately mean, but it would seem the buzz would annoint the 2009 JSW TDI an almost instant "CLASSIC".

There is some serious talk the 2010 JSW (wagon) will be cosmetically changed on the road to being rebadged a GOLF (Jettas are merely a variant of "GOLF" in European markets) and the model year after (2011) will be "Americanized". 2011 is supposed to be slated for a "design change?" aka MK (6) VI (vs current MK V (5)) Lastly if the Chattanogga, TN plant is finished in time, "assembled in AMERICA". I am sure they will have articles describing the operative terms to all of this.
  • I fully expect that the Jetta SportWagen will lose the Jetta name after this year. As the 2010 front end is now a copy of the MkVI Golf while the sedan retains the '09 front clip for it's final model year before it's redesign in 2011, I'd guess that JSW will become either a Golf SportWagen or just "SportWagen" after 2010.

Call it what you want...I can't wait to pick up my ordered '10 TDI SportWagen!
    And we are eager to hear how well you like it.
    Indeed !!

This might also serve to make the 2009 & 2010 JSW, two of the hottest used car models. (starting in 2010 on up (for the 2009 obviously) )
  • longo2longo2 Posts: 347
    I think the biggest advantage of the 2010 SportWagons is the fact that VW has put the steering wheel controls back on them.

I just bought my Jetta TDI this week but it's a 2006 71,000 miles White with beige leather, rear deck spoiler, wood dash trim kit and Package 2 options. :shades:
    Did you get the manual or DSG? In any case, congrads !