Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mazda 6 to new car Lease question

louie94louie94 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2016 in Mazda
So I have a few questions, right now I'm leasing a 2015 Mazda 6 sport and I'm planning on getting a Subaru BRZ but still have 2 years left on the lease, my first question is when my lease finishes on the Mazda would it be a good idea to finance it and sell it to the same dealer I am trying to get the Subaru from? will it be considered a Certified Pre Owned vehicle? Only reason I am trying to sell it instead of turning in the lease is because I travel a lot and it's supposed to be a 10,000 mile a year vehicle and I will definitely have between 35,000-45,000 miles by the time the lease finishes. What would anyone here do if they were in my shoes? Last question is do dealers go off of Kelly's blue book when buying off vehicles?

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,253
    louie94 said:

So I have a few questions, right now I'm leasing a 2015 Mazda 6 sport and I'm planning on getting a Subaru BRZ but still have 2 years left on the lease, my first question is when my lease finishes on the Mazda would it be a good idea to finance it and sell it to the same dealer I am trying to get the Subaru from? will it be considered a Certified Pre Owned vehicle? Only reason I am trying to sell it instead of turning in the lease is because I travel a lot and it's supposed to be a 10,000 mile a year vehicle and I will definitely have between 35,000-45,000 miles by the time the lease finishes. What would anyone here do if they were in my shoes? Last question is do dealers go off of Kelly's blue book when buying off vehicles?

Let's take these one at a time:

If you are going to be over on miles on the Mazda by lease end, it will probably be worth less than the residual value. Better to pay the mileage charges and walk away from the lease.

Dealers have lots of resources available to them to determine the trade value of a vehicle. The problem is, none of these resources can tell you what that value will be 24 months from now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4