Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-2X Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dashbbdashbb Posts: 119
    I emailed a couple dealers for a quote and one called me back. The GM rebate is $6000 (Aero-only) + $1000 Hotbutton. The saleswoman said that she can do $7,000 off invoice but will not give me that quote in writing. She wanted me to come in and "write-it-up"!

WOW!! I'll find out for sure this weekend.
  • harbachjharbachj Posts: 51
    Saabnet is reporting that the Aero rebate is now $6000 from Saab plus $1000 for the GM Hotbutton. Good until 5/31. Fitzmall.com has an Aero listed with an Internet price that's exactly $7000 less than invoice, so it looks like great deals are out there.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Posts: 223
    Thats an unreal deal.
  • neo1neo1 Posts: 4
    Dude, $15,000 is just an unbelievable price. Where are you picking up the car? No wonder GM is bleeding money.
  • joe91801joe91801 Posts: 3
    Saablim could you give me the dealership name, city and state
    I think you got a really sweet deal.

My current dealership @ Pasadena is offering me $5500 off for Linear and $7000 off for the Aero.

I wanted to purchase the Linear Base, but my saleswomen is keep on telling to go down cause they only have two Linear left on the lot. :confuse:

Thanks
    Kev
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,951
    If they only give you $7K off the Aero, they are basically selling it for MSRP... That is no deal...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• neo1neo1 Posts: 4
    Go with this info.

2005 Saab 9-2X Aero
    MSRP (sticker price on vehicle)5 $27,645.00
    GM employee discount price $25,425.00
    Less current eligible consumer cash6 -$6,000.00
    Less Hot Button bonus cash6 -$1,000.00
    Less employee bonus cash1 -$1,000.00
    The price you pay $17,425.00
    Total value $10,220.00

2005 Saab 9-2X Linear
    (MSRP (sticker price on vehicle)5 $23,685.00
    GM employee discount price $21,821.00
    Less current eligible consumer cash6 - $4,500.00
    Less Hot Button bonus cash6 - $1,000.00
    Less employee bonus cash1 - $1,000.00
    The price you pay $15,321.00
    Total value $ 8,364.00
    So.. the GM employee gets an extra $1000? Wow.. on top of what looks like about $1000 cheaper than the supplier price....

It is a wonder there are any left for non-GM employees at that price...

regards,
    kyfdx

Got a another Quote from Dealer in Sherman Oak, CA

The Sale person told me they had Blue Linear at MSRP of $23685, The Invoice Prince is $23016. Is the number right?

Seen like all Saab dealer are giving $5500 rebate on Linear
    and $7000 rebate on Aero
  • rick77grick77g Posts: 8
    Nothing special from this dealer except the airfare reimbursement. Other parts of deal can be gotten from any dealer.
  • wolftimwolftim Posts: 34
    I live near Seattle and I bought a new 9-2x aero on May 6th. It has a manual tranny, moonroof, and the 17"rims, all of which comes with the sport package. I opted to forgo the cold weather package. My price before rebates waqs 29,959. After rebates: 22,959. Tax, title, license, and all others: 26,700, roughly. The manual tranny gives you much more control and increases the fun factor ten fold. The auto is still a very nice transmission but not as fun. Pay attention for other deals too. My dealership had a 2005 9-2x Aero that had been used by a Saab exec. that turned it in with only 6800 miles on it. It was an auto with no sunroof, the cold weather package, and only 16" rims. They were offering it at 24,959 but it still had the same 7000 in rebates that all other new cars got. That took the price down to 17,959. A new sunroof is about 1200. It's a great deal if you don't have a real preference as to which car you buy.
  • purduealum91purduealum91 Posts: 223
    Anyone know?
    They don't publish it.. You have to visit a Saab dealer to find out..

However, from years past, it seems that it is within a couple hundred dollars of invoice, one way or the other... A safe assumption would be invoice price, minus the $7K incentive...

regards,
    kyfdx

Great info... wonder why I couldn't get to that pdf through the website?

Anyway, supplier price is invoice + $75.. minus the incentives..

• new92xnew92x Posts: 1
    just bought a 5 spd aero w/cold weather package + 3000 miles for $17K in MA.
  • fanofannefanofanne Posts: 1
    new92x, would you so kind as to share the details.

Was this with a trade-in etc.?
  • saablimesaablime Posts: 7
    Kev,

I bought my Linear in Charlotte, NC. I suggest you fax/email all the dealers within about 150 miles. Tell them what you want and what you are willing to pay (out-the-door, including taxes, title, fees). Let them know if they meet the price that you will be there the next day with cash/check in hand. Good luck!
    Can't get employee discount like few of the lucky one on this post.

Mica Blue, Base with Automatic Trans with Sticker of $24,9xx.xx
    Out of door price of $21000 including Tax and Fees($3000)
    $1000 or so more than price of Scion TC out of door price.

Still Trying to get the feel of AWD driving dynamic. Been drive rear wheel drive car for the past 5 years. 9-2X drive more like front wheel drive car, with slight edge tractions from the rear due to AWD.

Decent Car, Save lots more Gas than my Friend's Scion TC (ouch 19-20mpg vs. 9-2X's 24mpg) Maybe the mileage will drop once the breakin period is over. I'm currently had not pass more than 3000-4000 rpm. Log about 300 miles on the 9-2X so far.

Insurance is cheap on 2.5i

Got the Subaru Impreza Cargo Net for $30 including shipping. Net was easy to install and very useful. Highly recommend it.

Fit and Finish of the Car seem to be very good. read the sticker, the car part is 100% made in Japan, assembled 100% in Japan.
    They didn't have much inventory.. not even a manual transmission Aero model, so I didn't drive one..

But, I got the skinny on the new pricing..

On an MSRP of $31,900, the GM Employee price (now available to everyone) was around $29,300. Subtract $6000 incentive from that, and you have $23,300, or $8600 less than MSRP.

Of course, on a lower MSRP car, the savings will be less, but it seems that the deals are about $500 lower than the GM Supplier pricing with the $7000 incentive from last month..

But, this dealer said that no more cars are being imported for this model year.. What was at the port and from other dealers is all he had access to.. He made it sound like he wouldn't get any more cars from the port, unless he requested one.

He also said that existing Saab customers have purchased none of the 9-2Xs at his dealership.. He said he gets a lot of Japanese brand buyers, especially Subaru owners, as his car sells for less than a comparable WRX.

regards,
    kyfdx

• nlightnnlightn Posts: 1
    just to confirm, did you mean $500 lower than the GM Supplier pricing + take off $7000 incentive?
    Is supplier pricing = dealer invoice?
    I missed May incentives but am heading to the dealer this week. I appreciate any comments about June deals.
    I am not a Suburu guy, and drive a 2000 9-3, but will test drive the 92-x linear. If I like, i will buy. Need the AWD where I live.

Thanks,
    nlightn
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 15,072
    seems like about $7,500 - $8,500 off MSRP, depending on the model, is the going ballpark range. Supply, however, seems to be a problem, so you may not have the opportunity to be pickey.

A linear with some options for 17ish doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

• enroncfoenroncfo Posts: 5
    When playign around with the payment calculator on the Saab website, it lists the interest rate for the Linear as 0% and the Aero as 9.49%. Obviously you could do better with a bank on the Aero, but has anyone financed through Saab? Are you getting the 0%? Is it only on the Linear? Thanks.
  • amychowusamychowus Posts: 5
    2005 Linear with Automatic and cold package. MSRP: 253xx. GM Employee price - $5000 rebate = $18,5xx. This dealer in NJ was very nice and told me this is the best price, Is it? Thanks in advance for any comments.
    Yes... Employee pricing minus the rebate is the best price..

• kjnormankjnorman Posts: 243
    I was quoted just a little over $17k for a linear on June 2. I requested quote for automatic plus cold, but the dealer did not specifically state that these were included.

However, I have decided not to pursue the quote, so I do not know how reliable it was...
  • harbachjharbachj Posts: 51
    The zero percent financing mean you give up the rebate - not a good deal when you are getting $5000-6000!

Jim
  • kernickkernick Posts: 4,072
    I see advertised for $17,992. I believe this ad has run for a couple of weeks, so maybe they have a few and there's no stampede.
    The only dealer in Cincinnati has seven 9-2Xs..

3 Aero.. all automatics

4 Linear.. two auto, two manual..

They also own the dealership in Dayton.. Not sure of the stock there, but he did say he had one manual transmission Aero at that facility.

• bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    Do you guys think the incentives will get better or worse when the GM Employee pricing for everybody expires on July 5? The deals now are great, but the May deals were $1400 better on Linear and $2000 better on Aero for people who qualified for GM employee pricing.

If GM goes back to the May pricing again in July/August, I may be forced to pull the trigger.
This discussion has been closed.