Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-2X Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cindylucindylu Posts: 6
    Get it. If it's an automatic, don't pay attention to the boy racers who advise against it. It's a wonderful car for the $21,075 out-the-door price I got. Gas mileage could be better (averaged 25 mpg on the highway yesterday after picking it up 200 miles away), but it's about the same as what I'm used to. And the insurance cost is surprisingly cheap, too.

I like it more every time I drive it.
  • The automatic Aero may be the slowest car in the world...but if you want a good deal on it now is the time to pull the trigger. Tommorow is the last day of the employee discount and the only 9-2's left are automatic Aeros. The car is so slow not a single one was sold in my state for the past 2 weeks (I call dealerships once every 2 weeks just to check). The dealers say they are selling like crazy, and perhaps this was the case a few months ago, but not so now. The dealers want to dump these cars ASAP because if nobody is buying them now they are dead meat when the rebate gets cut to 3k. I am very confident I can force a dealer to sell me my auto Aero for 20k including taxes and all fees. But do I really want it even for that? There are two huge proglems with this car and there is really no way to sugarcoat it. The acceleration is so slow the car is actually unsafe to drive. To make it accelerate faster will take around 2k in upgrades and labor. These mods may also void the warrantee. The second problem is the resale value. These cars are already listed used at autotrader.com for around 18k by dealers, which means that whoever traded them in got around 16/17k for them. What other 30+k car you know of loses half of its value in its first year? Considering all this...it is very hard to make a case for this car. It looks gorgeous, but can you buy it on looks alone? Don't know what to do.
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Posts: 2,554
    You sound like you are trying to convince others not to buy an automatic Aero so there will be more choices for you on dealer lots?! Seriously, how can you bad-mouth a car so strongly and then say you want to buy one?

I haven't driven the 9-2X, but I believe you are seriously overstating the slowness of the Aero automatic. This is still a fairly small car with 227 horsepower, and there are many many vehicles on the road that are slower.

It is meaningless to compare original MSRP when calculating resale value. Compare the actual price paid when new and the current value. Those are the only 2 numbers that matter.
  • cindylucindylu Posts: 6
    It's not slow!

Don't listen to that "xred octoberx" character... "so slow the car is actually unsafe to drive"??????? It's faster than my Camry, my CRX Si, and I still haven't taken it past 4000 rpm (redlines close to 7000). I can't wait until the 1000 mile break-in period is over with.

And unless you plan on selling it in a year, why should resale value matter? Buy a car you enjoy and will continue to enjoy for the four or five years you'll be making payments.

I'm sure the 5 speed is more sporting, but the automatic is fine with me.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    Let's reserve this topic for pricing/purchasing info, and head over to the regular Saab 9-2X discussion to talk about performance issues and driving impressions. Thanks!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• crikeycrikey Posts: 1,038
    Rumor has it that the promotion still applies to the 9-2X, which I think, makes sense since not very many people (perhaps no one) would buy the 9-2X at pre-employee prices. Not sure about the rebate situation, though, but I think that, too, will continue until every last 9-2X is sold.
    Seems like GM Employee Discount continues but rebates have decreased, :( $5K for Aero (which are likely to be automatics) and $4K for Linears.
  • When I go to www.gm.com, and go to current offers/incentives, they no longer show any rebates for the saab, yet crikey states they have a 5k and 4k offer going. Perhaps in Canada they're offering it but not in the NorthEast?
    When I go to www.gm.com, and go to current offers/incentives, they no longer show any rebates for the saab, yet crikey states they have a 5k and 4k offer going. Perhaps in Canada they're offering it but not in the NorthEast?

go to www.saabusa.com. on the bottom left, click on the link for 'Employee Discount for Everyone'. If you select Saab 9-2X, you will see that the price for a *base* Linear is $17,821.00 ($16821 last month) and a *base* Aero is $20,425.00 ($19425 last month). Therefore, the rebates have gone down $1K for each vehicle.

And I am a Canadian living in the US and would not know about Canadian pricing.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dc83dc83 Posts: 3
    i was just wondering if anyone know how much it would cost to get a manual trans aero with the rebate/discount?thinking about trading my accord in for one
    o yea and when does the employee discount end?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,243
    Have you actually found a manual transmission Aero?

None left around here...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I have a similar question. I was quoted a price of $21,335 for an Artic Silver Aero with auto tranny and no other options. Good price if it were new, but this was used by the dealer as a loaner car and has 2,600 miles on it. It has stains on the seat fabric and scratches around the door handles and hatchback areas. What is a fair price to offer the dealer on this vehicle?

Also they have a 5-spd 9.2x Aero with 19,000 returned from a lease that is equipped with moonroof and cold weather.
    I could be just as happy with this vehicle, but am unable to determine what might be a fair price. There are no online used prices listed yet for 9.2x's yet. I figure it it were brand new with incentives it would price out around 23,670.
  • Why not just buy a new one?
  • I would if I knew where to find one, but this is all my local dealer has in stock.

I still am interested to hear from anyone who has an idea about a fair price on these two vehicles.
  • Your dealer can get anyone of the hundreds sitting at the port.
    They have a computer listing them all.
    If he tells you otherwise, he is either lying or thinks he can unload his used ones on you because you are too dumb to know the difference.
    Insist he get you a new one or leave.
    presbypal, i think that the best approach would be to check all Saab dealers within, maybe, 200 miles. You might have to call each one and check with the dealership regarding their new inventory. Unfortunately, not all Saab dealerships have their inventories available online, but some do.

I can't comment on the price because, like you said, 2005 used car prices on the 9-2X have not been established yet. Good Luck and happy hunting.
  • Hello,

Does anyone outhere know where I can find a 2005 9-2x Linear in silver color or other dark colors but no red.

I live in the tri-state area, I called every dealer around 200 miles but noone seems to have one.

thanks for any info

Steve
  • Any Saab dealer can easily look that up for you.
    They have a computer linked to Saab's inventory and can search every car by either option or color.
    If they tell you they can't, they are lying to you.
  • jescuejescue Posts: 521
    They are not lying.Saab sent a list of port cars and they are all long gone.
    stevebg4, if you do not mind flying down to south florida, i think there are a couple of linears at schumacher saab.
  • Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Saab 9-2X. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Scootertrash,

I've been told by my local dealers that there are no 9-2Xs left anywhere in the US. However, you say there are some sitting at the port. Can you elaborate on which port(s) has(have) some 9-2Xs and where you are getting your information from?

Thanks,
    S
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    when are these supposed to hit dealer lots?
  • I just got a message from my dealer in MD, that they've just gotten specs & prices for the ones arriving soon... :) I'll keep you updated.
  • Ok, here's what I got...

$29,693
    for manual Aero w/ sunroof, Sports Package, and Cold Package for a delivery in December.

Anyone get anything better/worse?
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Have depreciation figures been released yet for the 9-2X?
  • mikeg444mikeg444 Posts: 17
    Does anyone know what the current lease offers are on a 9-2x Aero?
  • katenakkatenak Posts: 1
    I want to buy a 2006 Linear. I have a $3k GM Employee Discount. Are there any other rebates i can use in addition to this one..also for the '05 owners - any troubles with the car? How is it on gas?
  • angy168angy168 Posts: 18
    I am looking to buy a 2006 Aero with 5 sp. The current rebate is $4000 (which is up from 3k the previous month), not sure is there any other discount out there besides this 4k. Do you think I should wait until GM comes out better rebate?
This discussion has been closed.