Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,432
    ebitda.. (are you an accountant?)

What was the total price before taxes?

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ebitdaebitda Posts: 3
    ebitda.. (are you an accountant?

Investment Adivsor

Total before taxes was $50,000.
  • lermanlerman Posts: 1
    I just came from my local Acura dealer (Rallye Acura, roslyn NY)
    I pretty much was looking for the same car. 07 RL with Tech package and spoilers and wood know/wheel, ipod link, all seaon mats. 12K miles. I told him I would prob lease.
    The guy gave me some of the worst pricing I think I've ever heard. He said the car was approx 56K with everything...
    offered me a lease for 42 months, nothing down, taxes/everything into the lease payment, $949 per month.
    Seems CRAZY, looking for another dealer ship... What do you think the invoice should be on that car???
  • Invoice is about $6000 below MSRP regardless of trim level.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Posts: 283
    $949 / month lease sounds like an excellent deal.......for 2 '07 RLs!
  • Not sure if this is the right forum, so apologize if it's not.

Local independent car lot (good reputation) has a 2005 RL with 22K miles, clean CarFax report, excellent condition.

Priced at $35K. Titled in Oct. 04, so warranty will expire at 50K miles or in Oct. 08. I put about 15K a year on car.

I have NEVER bought pre-owned before (and I'm no spring chicken!), so am a bit nervous.

Does this scream bad deal or should I consider it?

Thanks!
    Not sure on the current market value of a used '05, but just a few months ago, brand-new '06 models were selling for around $41K..

Given that... $35K sounds a little steep for an '05 model that is already over two years old.. You'll only have 21 months of warranty..

• acuratacurat Posts: 50
    I'd agree that $35K is a lot for a 2+ year old RL. Also consider that the build date is toward the very beginning of the first model year. In general that means trouble...

If there are any more '06s out there anywhere, you'd be better off buying new. Got my '06 with Tech package last month at dead cost (invoice less $4000 incentive less $1600 holdback). Turned out to be right around $11,500 under MSRP. By summer there should be substantial incentives on the '07s if you are not in a hurry.

Note that the '06 and '07 models have a 6 year/70K mile powertrain warranty in addition to the 4 year/50K bumper-to-bumper. SH-AWD is covered under the longer warranty.
  • gcookgcook Posts: 33
    I saw the new 07 RL Lease commercial last night. Once they start the lease deals then the so-called "demand" is no longer existent. I figure, or hope, some incentives will be coming soon. It seems like whenever a new model year comes out the dealers superficially inflate the demand...
    From memory.. that deal on the commercial wasn't all that great....

$599/mo. sounds good... but, 42 months.. and I think $3000 due at signing?

Just average..

• tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    I don't think $599/mo. is all that great on this car for a lease.
  • Well turns out the 2005 for $35K was titled in Oct. 05, not Oct. 04. So that's better.

But here's what's keeping me awake at night. I'm really stressed about this as it's such a big decision as I plan on driving the car for several years.

Just stumbled on 2005 offered by private owner that has only 11K miles instead of 22K and has wood trim on steering wheel (something I've always liked), and has one owner, all service records from dealer, clean Carfax (as does the other one), etc. Listed at about $6K more, but they said they're open to offers.

So, the used car dealer on the initial one for $35K will only hold it until tomorrow. Then it goes back on lot. Other car is a few hours away and I'm not sure when they're available and when I can get over there this week.

Do I risk losing the one here and try and go see the other one this weekend to see what they'll take? Let's say they come down some. At what price point is it a better deal to get one with wood and 11K less miles?

OR should I just buy the one here and be done with it, knowing I liked the car a lot and that they'll always be a better car, better deal somewhere and just move on. As you can tell, I have a hard time making big decisions and then sticking to them with no regrets. And I hate missing out on a better deal.
    If you look back a few pages, some people were buying BRAND NEW 2006 rl's for ~41k, so if were going to spend a couple thousand more you may be able to shop around and find a dealer with a '06 that wants to get rid of it. If you want to pay a little more you may be able to get a brand new one, then you won't have to worry about 11k or 22k miles....I understand though how one could be stretched at 35k and spending that extra is out of the question..
    The old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" comes to mind. Are you dead set on getting an RL? If not, there are a few brand new options for about the same money. The new Infiniti G35 comes immediately to mind. As was mentioned, if you can cough up just a few grand more, you can get a brand new RL.
  • Yes, I'm set on the RL. I have 144K on my 2000 I30 and don't want to do the 150K service, so I still have a few months. Local dealers do not have any 06 RLs left. I think one a little ways away had one, but it had black interior, which I hate.

Maybe I should just let both cars go, take a step back and look again in a few months. Would 07s this fall be as low as $37 or $38? That's the range I need to be in.

Or maybe I should just buy the 05 one here at $35K and be done with it.
    Then wait it out. There's bound to be a better deal down the road. There always is.
  • I personally would not consider an 05 RL because of all of the issues that seem to be associated with that new model year but if you decide to go for it the cost of an extended warranty might be worth it.
    There will always be another RL down the road... Don't get in a hurry...

I did a search within 200 miles of Orlando.. There are 39 used '05-'06 RLs, priced between $32K-$40K..

Including an '06 with 6K miles at a Honda dealer in Orlando, priced at $37,500..

Just an example... there will be plenty available.. take the time to find the right one, at the right price..

• I doubt you'll find 07s for $37-38K, but who knows? Also, the tech package with navigation bumps the price up. When I researched my 06, some people were getting them for $39.5K-$41K, sometimes with quite a few options thrown in, like back-up camera.

I opted for a 2006 model, which comes with navigation system standard. Love the car! Hope you can find what you want. A good dealer should be able to find you an 06 at another dealer and work a deal.

You've probably seen that used 05RLs are about $35-37K--they seem to hold their value well. But that doesn't stop you from negotiating like crazy! Thought it is the first model year, the owners who posted recent reviews on Edmunds seem happy.

Good luck! RL owners love their cars! :D
  • I can't find that one in Orlando at Honda dealer. And just a few 06s in Florida. Which search method did you use?

I may visit dealer up the road again and see if they can search other dealer inventory for 06s.

Thanks for your help. You have no idea how much better I feel when I hear from you all!
  • thanks. Found by using yahoo. Hate white, but looks nice.
    Yeah.. that was just one example..

My point is... Take your time... there are, and will be, a lot to choose from..

Also, figure that the selling price on a used car in that range can easily be $2K under the asking price.. Don't get put off by cars that they are asking $39K-$41K for..

regards,
    kyfdx
    (I like the white.. :) )

• minmanminman Posts: 6
    anybody know when the 08 RLs are coming out? Any good sites to check on new vehicle arrivals, and if any changes are expected?
  • having owned an 06 rl with tech package, have to admit this is a fine auto, wife bought this car at a discount of over 9000.00 off sticker (no dealer mark up), for the price this is one great auto, using the autshifter helps keep the tranny in the correct rpm range for agressive driving, milage is not bad (we are averaging over 20 MPH on the average), wife loves the car and all sales people in the computer world who ride in this car are very impressed to the point of commenting on how they had wished they looked at it before buying thir BMW / AUDI / Merch.
  • Purchased an '06 RL's in mid-December. ($10,000.00 savings of MSRP the dealer did have a few extras put on the car. Had to have the sunroof deflector removed becasuse of wind noise above 40 mph. Got a refund from the dealer, they said that they have had lots of complaints about the wind noise. Sales person at the Dealership said there are no scheduled body changes until the '09 model. They only had two RL's left, and I purchased one, and another buyer came in right behind me and purchased the other remaining one on the same day. From what I have seen the '07 cost a few bucks more and the standard equipment on the '06 is only available if you purchase a package on the '07. Oh, by the way, I live in Delaware and have a whopping <800 miles on it less than 3 months of ownership. Getting about 18mpg, but I hope it improves, Iam sure it will. Don't drive much as you can see.
  • I've bought 2 cars from a local Acura dealer. My lease is about up with my TL. They offered to sell me a 2007 RL with Tech package for $45,436 - invoice/destination + $499.

What do you think of the price? Might Acura start offering cashback for the 2007 RL like they did for the 2006 RL? I need to get a new ride by early May.
  • Price sounds about right. Acrua themselves, has never given a discount. The reduction was made by the dealer on my '06 RL. So now we know, how the pie is divided. You didn't say you lived in which state, just make sure there isn't an additional charge for "Administrative Fee" for the dealer handling all of those aspects. Seems we pay enough already, just another gimmie-gimmie from the dealer. Taxes and Tags one has to deal with which is beyond the negotiated price of the car which should be all inclusive. i.e. not included taxes and tags.
  • Thanks.

3 year MV registration, document fees, tire tax about $500. Plus State tax of course.
    Has anyone seen any deals on '07 models yet? They have been out for a few months now. Does anyone know how they are selling?
  • carfan28carfan28 Posts: 43
    3/1/07-4/30/07 $3500 "Marketing Support" incentive just announced for the RL. Prices will now drop even more