Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura RL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I think you're confusing Nav and base models. The base can be had for this figure or maybe $500 to $1,000 less but haven't seen these numbers on the Nav model.
  • carfan28carfan28 Posts: 43
    Yes, RL with Tech can be bought for around $42K. The RL base can be had for under $4oK.
  • Am in the market for an 07 RL with the Pro-Pack and not the Tech Package. I am aware of the $3500 rebate. What should be my opening offer??? I reside in the Tampa,Sarasota,Fort Myers area. Any info about dealers in this area would be helpful.
  • Just took delivery of my base 2007 on Tuesday and paid $38,450 (including freight but no options)+TTL in MD. I would think you should be able to come in near this figure and add propack cost. Best way to start is using Edmunds buying service. That way they know you've done your homework and are bidding against multiple offers that you will receive. It's a great car and screaming deal at this price. Good Luck!
  • egraboregrabor Posts: 6
    e-mail me at bob-elaine@comcast.net for info on new RL with no Nav, but has other options. (1,000 miles) Beautiful
  • veritas7veritas7 Posts: 18
    I was told that the $3500 rebate was only applicable to certain regions. Is this true?
  • Sounds like B.S. Go to Edmunds incentives and put in your zip. I'm 99.9% sure they're national. If a dealer is telling you this and it's not true don't walk, run.
  • veritas7veritas7 Posts: 18
    Thx. That's what I thought. The incentive that comes up doesn't stipulate that it's region-specific.
  • Got offered a '06 RL with tech/CMBS/pax and pro pack for $39K....is this a good deal??? any advice/help would be appreciated....
  • carlikecarlike Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased, or in the process of purchasing this vehicle in the NYC metro-area? I must look like Bill Gates because I'm only getting high quotes. Or perhaps this is just a regional hotspot for prices? I'm not quite ready to move out of state yet :<). Thanks.
  • When I went to a dealership towards the end of 2006, they had 4 2006 RLs which all had a discount of $9000!, yes, that's 9 thousand dollars! My question is, is this a common clearance price? They told me they need to make room for the 07s and these $50K 06 RLs need to go and nothing is wrong with them. Would anyone with experience tell me if I should also wait til the end of 07 to try to find this price again, or was I just lucky to find those price that time. Thanks! By the way, this dealership is in Tustin, CA.
  • In NJ $44,900 for 07 w/Tech Pkg.
  • valueboyvalueboy Posts: 7
    As a valuebuyer and Edmunds user, I had to decide between an Infiniti M and the RL when both were new models in 2006. The Canadian exchange was down (i.e., a strong Canadian dollar), yet Honda Canada priced the 'come-out' on RLs at about $10,000 more than the US exchange warranted, compared to US pricing. Something smelled bad. So I bought the 2006M although I really liked the RL as a vehicle. NEWSFLASH - LAST WEEK HONDA CANADA ANNOUNCES A $6.5K PRICE CUT TO THE NEW RLs!. Boy, I'd hate to be someone who bought a 2005 or 2006 RL in Canada - isn't this just another way for Honda to announce: "Remember when we tried to cover the price gouge with some feeble BS about wanting to keep the sales numbers 'exclusive' in Canada? Well, what we really meant was: "Let's see how many people will pay CAD$72K for a US$48K car, so that our profit number is constant, only the buyer gets ripped off, then let everyone else in on the joke". Bad business, bad marketing, just plain bad. I can't imagine anyone who bought the vehicle in the first 2-3 years would ever buy another Honda product again. A shame. The RL is no Infiniti M (the best car on the road in its class), but it didn't deserve to be treated that way by someone who should be fired at Honda Canada.
  • dasachsdasachs Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2007 RL w/tech pkge in Boston area for $ 40,736 exclusive of taxes, documentation and registration fees. Price was negotiated after mentioning dealer incentives posted here on Edmunds.com plus discounts offered by other dealers contacted over internet (via Edmunds links). Lessons learned: know the available incentives/rebates, other buyers' experience, other vendors' internet offers, and buy at the end of the month, especially after a period of bad weather when customers don't show up at the dealership. April might also be a good month because buyers have just paid their taxes.
  • rpram1rpram1 Posts: 18
    Lets just say that I am not in a position to buy the RL - Tech by April 30 (dealer incentive goes away). What does everyone think is going to happen in the next 30-60-90 days to pricing?
  • dan41dan41 Posts: 180
    I am considering the RL, but I'm going to wait a few months. I am not concerned about losing any current rebates and I actually expect the rebates and incentives to increase as we move in to the summer months.

The incentives are there because, in this case, RL sales have not done well at all. Acura needs to continue to move the RL's from inventory, especially given the 2008 model year is not too far way.

A gamble to wait? Perhaps! However, I just don't see the current inventory of RL's being sold if the incentives don't continue or even increase after April 30.

Regards: Dan
  • acuratacurat Posts: 49
    That is a screaming deal if you are talking about a new car, non-demo. The 2006 has OnStar but no backup camera; the 2007 has the backup camera but no OnStar. Otherwise the 2006 and 2007 Tech (CMBS/PAX) are the exact same car. No significant changes are planned for 2008 according to a source at another reliable website.

Realize that you will take a hit on paper for an extra year's depreciation, yet when you sell it will be a lower-mileage car compared with other 2006s since it has sat for some months on the dealer's lot.

The dead cost on that vehicle (invoice + destination + Propack - incentive - holdback) is somewhere around $42,500 + TTL so the dealer is taking a $3500 loss to move it. You are getting around a $15,000 discount from MSRP. Unbelievable, that's $3500 less than I paid in December 2006 for the same exact vehicle. Grab it. This car is GREAT!!
  • acuratacurat Posts: 49
    You're right that RL sales have been slow--IMHO almost entirely due to the absence of any discernible marketing strategy at Acura. The RL is magnificent in every way--perhaps lacking slightly in driving dynamics compared with BMW--but otherwise demonstrably superior to the competition and at a much lower cost. People just don't think of it as being in the same league as Lexus or Mercedes. (Car buyers don't recognize that a Lexus is simply a gilded Toyota and that Mercedes has become a nice-looking but poorly built Chrysler. Acura, OTOH, is a particularly well-engineered, stylish and well-priced species of Honda.)

You should know that Acura has slowed production of RLs for the US in order to balance supply with demand, so I wouldn't wait too long to pull the trigger. The incentive probably won't go away, but the selection might. Many of the deals being posted here are outstanding.

P.S. I'm obviously a big fan, now on my second Acura, but I don't work in the auto industry. ;)
  • yobiyobi Posts: 4
    Looks like the $3500 Market Support dollars are back through July 2nd. I am offered a 2006 with NAV, ground effects, I-pod, and rear spoiler for $43,495. Car was driven by the dealership's GM and has 4500 miles on it. I have seen an 06 with only 2273 miles on it listed for $38,791 and think almost 5K for the accessories a little steep.

I also have an offer for an 07 RL with Tech package for $44,386, no extras or negotiation on the market support dollars (yet), so the 07 is looking better all the time.

Am I right in thinking the 06 is a bit high given it will be 2 years old in a couple of months, and the 07 needs to come down a bit due to the market support dollars?

Yobi
  • carfan28carfan28 Posts: 43
    What State are you in?

The 07 RL TECH can be had for about $42K in most areas. Poke around in this thread and you'll see what people are paying.

The '06 with all the extras sounds too high too.