Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R

1789101113»

Comments

• jb_shinjb_shin Posts: 357
    I was thinking the same thing. Still, it seems like no one is getting GTR for less than $100,000, so one would think that the potential buyer will be able to afford maintenance on this thing.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I've seen none on the road and 2 of them at 2 of our 3 track events since the car shipped. So these folks are not Buffy and Muffin who want to impress their doctor and lawyer neighbors. These guys are hard core or soon to be hard core track-drivers and as such know the maintenance costs associated with tracking one's car. I have another friend in the brake industry already developing pads and rotors for these cars so the price for replacements will come down rather quickly.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • lemmerlemmer Posts: 2,676
    I would guess anybody who buys the first few cars that come out for $20-30K over list price are not representative of the typical buyer. Clearly these types have plenty of disposable income whether they are buying a Thunderbird, a GT-R or any other flavor of the day.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I would guess anybody who buys the first few cars that come out for $20-30K over list price are not representative of the typical buyer. Clearly these types have plenty of disposable income whether they are buying a Thunderbird, a GT-R or any other flavor of the day.

I agree, however they aren't going to be producing a large enough number where these cars would sell for "cheap" ever. At best you might get one for MSRP, and in my book anyone buying a car for $70K+ has plenty of disposable income.

The old addage "gotta pay to play" comes to mind. Same reason why although I have recently looked at a 2005 Maserati Coupe for $36k which I could afford easily, after reviewing the maintenance schedule and costs, I can't afford that portion of it :(

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • http://www.2009gtr.com/2008/12/power-enterprise-quad-charged-gt-r.html

A quad charged GT-R. Twin Rotrex superchargers and stock twin turbos on this Power Enterprise demo GT-R.

The setup includes two Rotrex C30-94 superchargers, 650 cc injectors, an ECU, strengthened wastegate actuators , air intake, intercooler pipes, and an exhaust
  • Intended to Edmunds:

Any plans to go to Japan to test the first of the customer-owned SpecV's?
  • I agree 110%!!!! Folks..and these automakers, have forgotten that service on these vehicles has become sooooo unrealistic and out of control, that gas and insurance is the least of your issues. When service A comes (a fancy way of taking your money for an oil change and it's also Latin for "dumb-[non-permissible content removed] should of bought American") around, you will face a $340 charge and all else follows. "gotta pay to play".....110% correct. :P

xwayzz
  • 2 Chevy "TrailBlazers". When they catch fire, they light the trail for you.

2 Ford "Exploders". 'Nuff said.

1 Dodge pickup. Wish I'd dodged that bullet.

2 Cadillacs. No jokes on this one, those were absolute nightmares . Seats, lights, mirrors, horns. Anything breakable on those cars, broke. :sick:

I've given American vehicles plenty of opportunities. So far they've let me down spectacularly.
  • kunanikunani Posts: 1
    Yeah as you know mine is modifed but not to that extent. Fluids are expensive in this car and anyone wanting to track it should be aware of the total cost of fluids for the transmission if they intend to keep their warranty.

Here is mine on the dyno during a custom tuning session. Each transmission fluid change is at least $600 + labor, at a dealer about $1k total not including oil or diff fluids, add another $1k to that and warranty states fluid changes if you track it or heat levels pass 230 degrees every 1800 miles. Not cheap by any means.

http://www.apexkings.com/entry.php/18-Budez-GTR-Dyno-Tuned-at-HB-Speed
1789101113»