Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi Q7

1161718192022»

Comments

• hpw900hpw900 Posts: 1
    A friend of mine is selling a 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium Quattro with 35K miles. He's asking $35K for it (but I can probably get him down to around $32,500). Realistically if I bought the car I'd sell it again in 3 years (for a number of work and family related reasons).

My question is (since the Q7 is a relatively new car) is there any way to determine what I might be able to get for the car in 3 years if I tried to sell it? Basically my fear is ending up owing more on the car in 3 years than I can sell it for. I'd probably put about 11K miles on the car a year so it'd have about 68K miles on it. Any input would be greatly appreciated ...
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,316
    I believe the 07 is the first year for the Q7. Avoid any first year vehicle -- especially a euro import.
  • I have been looking to upgrade my SUV. I have been researching a lot and reading many customer reviews. I have narrowed my choice to the Audi Q7 and the Acura MDX. Both seem to have similar safety ratings and features. I was hoping for some insights from owners. Which one should I buy? Thanks for the help.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,316
    The mdx is cheaper but nice -- much better reliability. The audi is plusher more expensive to buy and service. Reliability isn't great. The audi has a much different character. Drive both -- price both -- you will probably come to a decision on your own.
  • Has anyone yet turned in a Q7 from lease? If so, what were your experiences? What did they try to charge you with? Did the dealer try to get you to buy it?
  • I was really excited about the clean diesels until I read a review comparing the Q7, BMW X5 and MB GL350. Yes, the cars do provide different driving experiences. This is why for the money and 3rd row utility I like the Q7. However, the one thing I read that concerned me was about the type of fuel. Can the Q7 use US standard diesel or is there some kind of ultra low sulphur diesel that is required? What about use of biodiesel, can you use it in the 2010 Q7 or BMW for that matter? I also didn't realize the Q7 needed the AdBlue or whatever urea solution Audi calls it. For that matter, can you interchange the urea solutions used in the Audi and MB and is there a generic version you can by from Pep Boys? I'm just worried that if you run out and there's no local dealer around what the options are. :confuse:
  • dpixdpix Posts: 7
    I've been researching the 2007 & 2008 Q7's here on edmunds and I see that people seemed to have issues with the brakes and rotors going bad at about 18k. My question is would these issues be fixed as part of the "certified" inspection process? For example, if the rotor and brake problem has been fixed for 2009 will the new parts be a part of the 2007/2008 models?
  • calq7calq7 Posts: 4
    I've got a 2007 Q7 with just over 45K in miles. I am just to the point of needing new pads on the front brakes and have learned that the rotors on these cars are relatively soft and generally require replacement with each new set of pads. That will st you back more that 1000 dollars at the Audi dealer for the front rotors. I have not heard about a lot of other brake roblems. However, stay away from the 3.6 liter engine. They have had a lot of vibration problems at speeds between 50 to 70 mph. That problem is well documented on this site and Audi doesn't seem to have an answer
  • dino2kdino2k Posts: 9
    Hi, I have an 09 Q7 3.6 premium S line with nav for about 2 1/2 yrs now, no problem so far yet except for the poor brake noise since the beginning. I know this might sound lame but am I the only one that finds this special destination in the nav a pain in the [non-permissible content removed]. Instead of letting you pick a name for a POI, you have to pick those criteria that they give or the address. But what if you dont know the address but you do know the name of the POI. Audi does not give me that option to manually spell out my destination. I found that all those options aren't that useful since its better for us to look for the names because it is easier. I haven't updated my dvd nav system yet but I was wondering if they would have an updated version and more easier friendly nav for people to use. Audi just makes this navigation really difficult for customers to use. Any feedback would be great. Thank you.
  • cwoolridgecwoolridge Posts: 1
    I have had my Q7 now for almost 2 years and put a 150 000 km on her with normal diesel and not low sulpher diesel and seem no have absolutely no issues
  • spoonballspoonball Posts: 1
    Am considering ordering a 2012 Audi Q7 but J D Power and Consumer Reports raise red flags about Audi reliability. My other choices are Lexus GX and Acura MDX ( have one of these and would prefer a change). Comments?
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,669
    I'm not certain about the Q7 or what type of reliability you're looking for, but if you look at JD Powers VDS from 2005 compared to 2011 you'll see newer vehicles across the board are much more reliable.

Audi's current score of 161 (which is below average) would rank higher than the 2005's ranking of Honda, Toyota, Acura, Infiniti...

So if you trust JD Powers...and want the reliability of a 2005ish Toyota...then the Q7 would fit.

Of course if you trust JD...and only care about reliability then it looks like a Lincoln MKX (going by manufacturer) would be the winner.
  • calq7calq7 Posts: 4
    I have a 2007 with the 4.2 liter engine. There have been a number of major problems. The first was ultimately traced to the ECM(engine control module). The car stopped in the middle of a street and would not restart. It was then towed to the nearest dealer where it took them a week to diagnose the problem and get the necessary parts from Europe to fix the car. The other major problem was the system that controls the height of the vehicle. Occasionally, when turning of the car, the from would deflate, completely lowering the front of the car while the back remained at the original height. We had trouble replicating this for the dealer as it would then correct itself when we turned the vehicle back on. We finally had to drive it to the dealer with the front down and leave it on to prove what was happening.
    Other smaller problems include a defective assembly for the rear roof sun screen. I also feel that the seal coat of the paint is soft leading to a finish that is more easily chipped with road debris.. The dealer has never acknowledged a problem in this area. Finally, if you are considering a 3.6 liter engine, you need to check out the resonant vibration problem that has occurred at 50 to 60 mph.

The car is a great vehicle to drive with all of the bells and whistles. It takes some time to figure out how to use everything, but now we enjoy driving it. I just hope that our problems are over!
  • eastmonteastmont Posts: 1
    My wife and I are planning a major road trip this fall and we think we need more room for "stuff." Does Audi have a system like Thule and, if so, how good is it?
  • p_k_bp_k_b Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a SUV. Considering between AUDI Q7 or BMW X5. I am really confused which one to buy. My preference is AUDI Q7 considering into its interior and the exterior. I am not sure which is one is technically a better one. Please help me to finalize between Q7 and X5.

Also anyone please let me know if there is change in 2012 AUDI Q7 looks.
  • 08q708q7 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I love, love my 2008 q7 but took it to my local dealer and after 3 weeks of them having my car. I am not only going to cancel my a6 on order but sell my current q7.

Escondido Audi has ruined any enjoyment of owning an audi. They state audi will not allow them to repair the mmi issue I had. The issue was that the left side mmi buttons would not work when it rained sometimes... I just got back from the dealership and it is worst.. Now none of the mmi lights work and the round thingy doesnt move anything on the screen and it is not raining..

I am livid. I offered to pay the $1200 for the repair to be fixed and they declined saying they are scared I will take them to small claims.. If they did honest business they would not have to worry about smart customers...WTF?? here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2BpNGfYqUY

Horrible horrible customer service on both sides... what a shame. Such fun cars but not worth $55,000 to be treated horribly...
  • I test drove a 2010 Q7 with TDI Diesel, prestige package yesterday and fell in love with it. After researching, however, I'm disappointed in the reliability scores and customer experiences. The car is under warranty until 50K. I love a german car, but my V8 Volkswagen Touareg killed me with repair costs.
    My question: is the Q7 as bad as everyone says?
    Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,140
    Isn't the Q7 just Audi's version of the Touareg? I wouldn't expect it to be more reliable.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• waid10waid10 Posts: 21
    Hey - does anyone know when the 2014 Q7 will be hitting dealer showrooms?