Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Refinancing Hyundai Tuscon.

realmadrealmad Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in Hyundai
Hello,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Tucson. I have my loan already approved form my credit union but Hyundai has a deal where I am eligible for $500 more discount if I finance through Hyundai.

The dealer let me know that I take this offer and refinance it with my credit union after a month or so.

I want to know if this is a good idea. As always I have hard time trusting suggestions from a dealer.

What are the fine prints I need to worry about before trying to finance through Hyundai?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    realmad said:

Hello,

I am planning to buy Hyundai Tucson. I have my loan already approved form my credit union but Hyundai has a deal where I am eligible for $500 more discount if I finance through Hyundai.

The dealer let me know that I take this offer and refinance it with my credit union after a month or so.

I want to know if this is a good idea. As always I have hard time trusting suggestions from a dealer.

What are the fine prints I need to worry about before trying to finance through Hyundai?

Thanks in advance.

What is the interest rate from the dealer and how does that compare to your credit union?

Just tell the dealer he has to match your rate and give you the $500, and don't bother refinancing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• realmadrealmad Member Posts: 2
    Well I have not approached the dealer for their rate. I am getting 2.99% from my credit union . I doubt the dealer can come up with less than that.

But that is a great point. I will say exactly that.

Thanks.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Hyundai might very well have financing offers that match or better than rate on the Tuscon.