Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    A loaded B9 will certainly approach MDX price territory, but a $40k MDX isn't loaded, that's the base model.

I like the new MDX a lot, even the tacky grille doesn't bother me too much, but the price just takes it out of the mainstream.

-juice
  • x5killerx5killer Posts: 368
    I heard it came out

"t comes in a standard DVD case (that holds 2 dvds).

You load it in and the screen says "loading software, don't turn off power". Then it is good to go. Under the info screen it says Ver. 2 2006."

"The old DVD ver 1.1 said (c) 2004 Denso Corporation data by infoUSA(c) 2003

The new DVD ver 2.0 says (c) 2006 Denso Corporation data by infoUSA(c) 2005

Not sure which date is more important but we seem to have moved up 2 years from ver 1.1. "

So does anyone know the price and who online has the best price or will it be same price from an online subaru parts merchant as it is at your local dealer?
    I've only seen the one price so far, direct from the Kenwood web site. I wonder if dealers will mark it up.

At least you can use Subaru Bucks.

-juice
  • amy10amy10 Posts: 26
    Hi Juice, can you post the link for the NAV update on Kenwood website? Thank you, Amy
  • kmartinkmartin Posts: 427
    Here is the link for the DVD Nav updates at the Kenwood Web Store: http://store.kenwoodusa.com/product.asp?sku=3298885

-Karen-
    Thanks Karen! :)
  • pschreckpschreck Posts: 524
    $238!!! Good Lord!!!

Updates should be free or a heck of a lot less ($100) considering the cost of the Nav system.
  • megreyhairmegreyhair Posts: 154
    They listed the Kenwood version like $400...
    So $200 something isn't that bad...
    Subaru makes a margin selling the Kenwood hardware, but the maps are sold by Kenwood directly. They probably don't make much up front for the hardware (Subaru does), plus they have to pay the map makers, and keep a margin for themselves.

Sounds like Subaru isn't involved in the update process, though, even the Subaru.com link sends you direct to the Kenwood web site.

-juice
  • lipanjlipanj Posts: 5
    Hi, just found this forum and it has a great info. I'm interested in purchasing a Tribeca. Have received a quote for an '07 Limited w/Nav for $31,700. Just wondering if this is a good deal? Since my husband has stated I should do my own negotiations, I'm looking for help.

Thanks,
    --Lipanj
  • schow1schow1 Posts: 12
    Bought mine beginning of this year, 07 limit 5 pass. w/ nav for total of $ 33500 out of the door (include taxes, licensing fee etc), it also comes with the cross bar, all weather floor mats. I believe they also have an incentive going on right now, you can definitely get a better price than mine.

If the new model is coming out soon, then you should get a good deal on the old model.

Good luck
    schow1
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Posts: 648
    you may want to check the forum on here for pricing and post there...

link to the B9 Pricing Forum
    Hello, a couple of months ago I was in the same situation that you are in...looking for a Tribeca and doing the price negotiating on my own. I received great advice from this board...particularly posting #544 from "morey000" in the B9Tribeca discussion "Prices Paid & Buying Experience." (I found the website carsdirect to be very helpful.) Ended up purchasing my B9 for $475 below invoice (and more than $5,500 below MSRP). Subaru is currently offering $2,000 customer finance cash on 07 Tribecas. Best of luck to you! :)
    Oops, in my previous posting, I meant to say $2,475 below invoice and $475 below carsdirect "target price." :blush:
    Is there a way to make the two front reading lights stay on as long as a door is opened on the B9. too lazy to read the manual and hoping there is a simple way to set it so as long as the door is open the FRONT two reading lights stay on.

Currently they only stay on for about 5 mins. The light cluster in the middle (next to the DVD screen) stays on the whole time the doors are opened but the front lights go out automatically after about 5 mins even if the doors are still open.
  • ptoellneptoellne Posts: 1
    I've had my 2006 Subaru Tribeca in a number of times to address some noises.
    1. When driving at highway speeds there is a "hollow" bottle like sound coming from what sounds like under the hood/in the dash? Seems to be a combined speed and wind issue?
    2. When starting out from a complete stop there is a buzzing/electrical type sound coming from the driver's side seating area. Assuming something underneath the car?

Please help?!?

Thank you.
  • lipanjlipanj Posts: 5
    Thanks, I will check out carsdirect. After reading, I'm debating whether to buy now or wait for the '08s. Probably better deals are on the '07s, but it would be nice to see what enhancments/changes will be.
  • ktpklossktpkloss Posts: 28
    heh...got a $16k base model VW rabbit few days ago, as i need 2nd commuter car... over these few days, i've got a chance to listen to a lot of CDs/radio, what a difference in a sound quality! clarity and dynamics... it's a shame that this basic 8 speaker system easily beats the "premium" sound system /w a subwoofer in a car that costs twice as much.
  • megreyhairmegreyhair Posts: 154
    I have a 00 passat... The sound in it does sound better then the b9...
    I thought about swapping the speakers one time but who has time.....
    the MP3 Player works tremendously better then the CD or Radio in the B9 Prem system. Not sure why but if you burn a CDR with MP3 and play them the base is noticeably improved!

try it! I have the system loaded with 6 CDRs with about 5 albums on each CDR so I drive around with 30 or more albums of music in MP3 Format. only downside is you can not rewind or ff an MP3. only skip forward or backward a song.
  • pschreckpschreck Posts: 524
    Sure you can, I do it all the time. Just hold the button (on the dash) down.
    The 08 is supposed to get a 3.6l with more torque and better efficiency, it may be worth waiting for. An excerpt from the article:

Tribeca now gets a 3.6-liter motor. At 254 hp, it makes only marginally more power (the old one developed 245) but much more torque: 247 lb-ft (up from 215). At the same time, the new motor returns 10 percent better fuel economy and runs on regular fuel instead of premium.

I'm waiting. :shades:
    thanks! I just did not hold the button for next FILE down long enough to get it to FF Or RW ... cool!

ok now anyone help with the stupid front reading lights going out after about 5 mins with the doors STILL Open?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,906
    ok now anyone help with the stupid front reading lights going out after about 5 mins with the doors STILL Open?

It's probably considered a feature - it turns of the lights to prevent battery drain in case you leave your doors open. My Odyssey does it on the rear hatch dome and my VW does it as well.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Reading lights, they probably use the same supplier of electrical components as Nissan (I know the door/window switches are the same) and my Armada does the same thing, the reading lights will turn off after 5 min even with the door open.

-mike
  • nickelnickel Posts: 147
    "The overall effect reminds one of a Chrysler Pacifica: not special, but handsome."
    The Pacifica is not a handsome car. Nor 254 hp is enough to beat the competition. God should be willing to keep protecting Subaru.
    First off, what matters is the torque, and 247 lb-ft is very class competitive. It may actually be close to best in class for engines designed for regular octane fuel.

The current model already gets the best mileage of any 3-row crossover that I can think of, but pile on a 10% improvement expected for the new 3.6l model, and it'll take the fuel efficiency crown also.

FHI engineers, not God, will protect Subaru with improvements like these.

If you disagree, I challenge you to name a competitor that offers more torque and/or better fuel efficiency. :lemon:
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 350
    Sorry for this, as I'm a lover of my 'beca,
    but the Rav4 puts out 269hp and 246ftlbs and is rated at 21/28mpg for it's 3.5l engine. Engine is also used in the Lexus RX350 where it claims 270hp and 251ft-lbs for 17/22mpg.
    Heck- even GMC's Acacia has got a 3.6L with 275hp and 251ft-lbs and is rated at 17/24mpg for a much larger vehicle.
  • nickelnickel Posts: 147
    'Cause it's more than 38K for a fully loaded. Let's see.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Heard some arcadias are priced well over 40k!!!

-mike