Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)

Comments

• kmartinkmartin Posts: 427
    There is apparently a second condenser unit for the rear AC, according to this post.

I stand corrected...thanks for the clarification! At any rate, it is a great feature.

-Karen-
  • kmartinkmartin Posts: 427
    According to my service manager, there should be a dial or switch in the rear cargo area some place. Supposedly you can turn it loud or soft, and off if you are towing a trailer. Let us know if you can find it (as a musician, I despise loud noises, so this is something I'd like to know before I decide to have this installed).

-Karen-
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 320
    I went and test drove the 'beca tonight, shortly after the Santa Fe. There's really no comparison. The SF is a fine vehicle, but the 'beca is so much more solid feeling, quieter, handles more securely, and just feels more luxurious. Granted, it is a bit more expensive, but you do get what you pay for in this case. I thought they'd be a lot closer in look and feel- but I was wrong.

Now I get to search through the options and colors. I'll be ready to buy in October/November, as I'll be travelling between now and then anyway. No sense in leaving a new car at the airport. Perhaps they'll be dealing a bit more on them in a couple months after the '06's are gone. Seat memories and a backup camera would be terrific additions.
  • tyyeh0tyyeh0 Posts: 43
    thx for the info.

what was the problem with the goodyear tires?

I would agree that the backup camera is a good safety feature, so if we get that on the rx it would be pretty expensive.

I would add:

crash test results - Tribeca

How does the tribeca's depreciation look with a lease?

thx
    According to the ALG, depreciation rating on the Tribeca is '5-star'

http://www.alg.com/deprratings.aspx

best there is.
  • css1css1 Posts: 247
    Your welcome

I felt a noticeable vibration through the steering, pedals, and floor. Other vehicles had it too but the intensity varied. Mine was the most noticeable of the cars I drove but many other people including my wife could not feel it. Raising the volume on the radio would not help - I knew it was there!

The service dept and regional rep felt it as well but could not Identify the cause. They put my wheels on another car and the problem moved.

The car's driving dynamics were not affected and they determined that it was an inherent condition - not a flaw.

The dealer swapped wheels and tires with a salesman's car and it was gone. They were not obligated to do this - Subaru really backs their product!!

In Nov. 05 I rented A dodge Magnum which had this thumping but in a serious way. I picked up my tribeca in Dec. 05 but it wasn't until June 06 and the rental of a Dodge Charger with the same problem that I realized it was the tires - Goodyear on all 3 cars.

None of the cars had handling problems - they were all fine. I presume the intensity and transfer of the vibration to the driver depended on tire inflation suspension tuning.

Let me be clear - this was a goodyear problem, and Subaru is the best car brand I have owned.

While Lexus is also a great car, my concerns are with their dealers and follow up service . Like it or not, at some point I will have deal with the Service Dept.!!

Goodyear though is off my list!

There are more qualified people on this thread to respond to your leasing questions. Sorry.

Charlie
  • robotb9robotb9 Posts: 82
    Ok. so what the poster above you is saying is that it looks like the Euro tribeca tail light has the traditional red brake light with white reverse and yellow turn signal. Personally I like the U.S. all red better in that case.

The B9 Tribeca European Site shows the tail lights are just like the North American ones, but with amber turn signals.

I note that my favorite Satin White Pearl (x5killer and I agree on at least one thing :) ) isn't available on the European model. The colors shown are Titanium Silver Metallic, Harvest Gold Metallic, Obsidian Black Pearl, Newport Blue Pearl, and Diamond Grey Metallic. I hope Satin White Pearl doesn't disappear from the North American color choices for 2007.
  • pschreckpschreck Posts: 524
    Harvest Gold sounds like a refrigerator from the 70s. :D
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    Some burnt orange shag carpeting should set it off nicely. :shades:

The color palette for Winter 2007/2008 includes "an odd jumble of neutrals mixed with blurred elements of gold, brown, purple and violet." So that Harvest Gold B9 should be styling until the Spring of '09. (link). No prediction noted for Avocado Green.
  • buckzorbuckzor Posts: 4
    We absolutely LOVE our 2007 becca. We have the 7pass limited with every option imaginable. We purchased the "enhanced" security system and Remote Start features, in hopes of getting auto locking/unlocking door locks. Well, they don't auto lock or unlock.

Does anyone know if Service can manipulate them with the new Body Control Unit and their Select monitor? I've talked to some Subie tuning shops, including Cobb and they are hesitant to even suggest an after-market alarm system as the locks don't have a separate lead. It all goes into the BCU.

This feature is EXTREMELY important to me, can anyone please advise? Also, please don't flame me with the "if you drive into a lake you won't be able to get the doors open" logic or otherwise debate the lack of the feature.

Thank you!
  • yoyodkyoyodk Posts: 28
    I also noticed on the European B9 site that the turn signal indicators built into the side mirror housings are more tightly integrated. They don't look like the large turn signals that look bolted onto the bottom of the side mirrors for us North Americans.
  • x5killerx5killer Posts: 368
    at dealership (posting from smartphone) getting 15k mi. maintanence, inspection and SE grill(sans subaru badge) put on. Looking at the 2007 accessories catalog and see that the chrome wheel cap is a separate part # so can prob get just those. Wanted to get chrome center caps back when i had the factory wheels on for the first 6 mo. or so till i upgraded to 20'' wheels & tires, one more thing that is too late for me.

what is the lug wrench part #T971SXA100 as part of the chrome wheels.

old subject but still unsure. can the subwoofer/amplifier be mounted under the passenger side for tribeca with nav alrady under the driver side and subwoofer in back that came wth premium sound system? this was discussed but dont recall a definitive answer.
    Will it improve/inrease the volume which is especially sometimes not enough when using audio devices connected to the rear aux audio input? Is the new front aux audio input any louder as its made for mp3 playe etc while the rear was more for the rear entertainment sytem screen (vcr, video game system)?

they now offer an spt oil cap and battery hold down for the B9 but wh sees those.

as far as the XM im resolved with getting the new pioneer inno and car kit for it as my complimentary free year ran out (the one benefit of being an early adapter with the preorder of an 06 B9) i got a subsription for now for half price even though i was reluctant on getting sucked in by the free year and despite the fact that i can use internet radio for free through pda/smartphone (except what you already pay for unlimited data plan) connected to aux audio input decided to keep getting xm for now and pay.

i figure if im paying now it wil be better to have devie i can use in car, in house, on the go, and record where as the integrated car unit is limited to the car only and no live or scheduled record function. the delphi myfi xm2go that also came free with the free subscrip doesnt display the correct song playing for recorded content (prob cus i never clar it out & just keep recording over but still) so its an extra excuse to get the newer better smaller color pioneer inno. hopefullyinstalltion of the car kit works out & ill try to post a pic. was thinking of having the holster mounted in front of the top flat vent but might block view of the nav/info screen so will have to o above the screen which will be as much or more of a stretch then the screen but there is a remote i think.

It looks like the new cargo cover only comes in black so having the old inferior one in matching desert beige is the one conslaton. Its just frustrating that now they offer stuff like the puddle lights but no 07 cargo cover or integrated xm for the 06.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I like the styling/packaging of the SF, but so far I've only seen it at car shows. It's not as upscale, though, but rather an entry-level mid-size SUV.

I sort of view the RAV4 the same way, even with a V6 and a 3rd row, it's still not upscale. That's fine for a lot of folks, they're happy with a basic interior - it's selling quite well.

A concern - the Tucson I test drove was nice enough, but CR ratings were poor for the first year models. The last generation Sante Fe was so-so at first, better later on. Seems like they sort the issues out over time, while Subaru does a little better right off the bat.

Another concern with any Hyundai - residuals. If you get a loan you're upside down immediately. Just get a bargain in the first place and put a lot down if you want one.

-juice
    I posted this question before I went and drove them both, back-to-back. It was a wasted post as the answer was quite clear. The Tribeca is a bit more expensive than the Santa Fe... and worth every penny. The SF was a nice vehicle- and an excellent value for a mid-$20's mid-size SUV. But the whole feel of the Subie was much higher end. There really is no comparison, the vehicles are in two different classes.

FWIW- I liked the SF much better than the Rav4. The Rav4 being peppier, but the interior of the Rav is really quite low in comparison.

I've pretty much decided on buying a 'beca. But that will be in the Oct/Nov time frame.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Sounds good. I think I'd opt for a very lightly used '05 'beca vs. risking a v1.0 Sante Fe, to be honest. The price is the main draw.

-juice
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Posts: 648
    the other thing to look at is the type and quality of the 4 wheel drive drivetrain. The subaru is definitely tops in the performance of its 4wd. The SF I am "guessing" is not the same type and is probably based off a front wheel drive engine.

the RAV 4 used to have 2 types of 2 wd depending on configuration. not sure if that is still true. one was the better type they use in their higher end AWD vehicles.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    "lightly used '05 'beca "

Hmmm - don't think they had '05 Becas... unless you're gonna steal the prototype ;)
  • cluelesspacluelesspa Posts: 648
    pics PLEASE of the SE grill w/o logo! love to see how it turned out. what do you think?
  • Just wondering how much you paid for yours. My dealer offered the 07 7 pass w/ dvd & nav (no special edition package) for 35,079. Trying to get a feel if tha'ts a good price, or if I should push for lower. Thanks! :confuse:
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110