Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Makes/Models Offer Free Scheduled Maintenance?

2»

Comments

• gasman1gasman1 Posts: 321
    I just read that GM announced that all of their 2007 vehicles (including those already sold) now have a 100K, 5 year power train warranty. They still have either the 3 year/36K or the 4 year/50K bumper-to-bumper warranty.
  • cdokecdoke Posts: 14
    You know, I would say that from the dealerships perspective, this is a time value of money problem. Charging up-front for anticipated service costs, the company may then accrue interest on that additional sum and conducted en masse on a large scale, I am sure this would be a fairly significant sum of money. From any one individuals standpoint, the marginal benefit of keeping the money which you could accrue interest on, as opposed to paying the money now, is negligible. Unless, of course the vehicle is exceptionally expensive to maintain.

That is, I am sure, only part of it, I imagine that it is also an incentive in order to move product.

As far as suggestions, the only thing that comes to mind is something a friend told me about BMW having something of that nature.
  • joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    Should I buy the OEM warranty at the time of purchasing the car, or wait until the initial bumper to bumper warranty is close to running out?

I know this is old but just wanted to let people know in general.

You do not have to buy the Service Contract at Point of Sale, but! If you don't you incure a few things, one is a $100 surcharge if you wait until after the 12/12 has passed, plus the Service Contracts normally increase in price each year. So if you wait 3 years you pay possibly through 3 price increases
2»