Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I've been looking at the 500 for over a month.

500 SEL AWD - has the moon roof, trip computer

Here's the latest deal

retail 27.675
    savings 2000
    rebate 1000
    adj sales price 24675

at 70 months 1.9 I have a 388.37 per month payment

The first offer did not include the 2000 savings. Today they offered a 385 per month price. I countered with a 370 hoping to it or 375 per month.

The dealership is the number one sales dealership in PA Mcafferty, so I know they purchase below invoice. They had at least 8 500s on their lot.

Should I hold out for the 370-75?
  • luvmbootyluvmbooty Posts: 271
    A 2006 SEL AWD base invoice is $23,972. A moonroof cost them $779. Destination charge is $700. Rebate is $1,000. Add all this up and total cost comes to $24,451. I would try for $23,951. See if other dealers will beat their price.

How much tax do you pay in PA? How much down payment? Any trade?

NY state is 8.38%. If you put $5,000 down. No trade in.(Never trade, they will try and give you less than it's worth to make thier money back) 70 months with a 1.9 APR, your payments would be per month: $326
  • no trade and no down payment.
    At $388.37 per month for 70 months with a 1.9 APR, your actually paying $23,455. If you hold out for $370 your actually paying $22,455. So your total savings would be $4,000 plus the rebate is $5,000 off retail. Sounds like a sweet deal!
  • that's what I holding out for. (actually, I'll probably buy at 375-380.
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    While I hope I'm wrong, I don't believe they'll meet your terms.

Am curious as to why you aren't trying to buy this at zero percent for 60 months - at your already quoted price your montly payment would be about $410.
  • well, they offered 385, down $4. I told them 380 and I'll buy. The current car I own is 17 years old, 270k a six year loan is nominal for me at 1.9%. My wife's car I paid off in 4.5 years anyway.
  • They are now at 384 and threw in a paint and leather protector package for free. I accepted. I'll post my thoughts about the vehicle after I've been driving it for a while

end price - 24,450 with moonroof, safety package, and leather seats.
    Congradulations! Hope it works out!
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    Glad it worked out for you. $24,450 on a $27,675 sticker, uh?

I guess the ads here in Columbus of $3500 off MSRP probably represent a good deal.
  • jbrew7jbrew7 Posts: 17
    Well, the financial numbers came out from Ford and they look...well, just bad. Does anyone think this will transfer to the showroom? Ford needs to bring back employee pricing with a little 0% financing if they want to start moving cars.
  • good, I'm waiting. I almost made a deal and I mean almost, but it was July 29th and I had a feeling the deals were going to change. August 1st they added another 1,000 in incentives, so now I'm waiting till September - maybe even October. Last I check, the the local dealer hasn't moved any of their 500s.
  • slider7slider7 Posts: 33
    Got a check in the mail last Thursday $1000.00, picked up tags tonight and first payment due 9-1-06. Bought a hundred dollar suit, matching shoes, and no tie! THE 07'S ARE NOT SELLING IN SE VIRGINIA.
  • ansaransar Posts: 2
    I bought a 2006 Ford FiveHundred SE last week. Here are my numbers.

$22,930 Sticker price

21,998 Selling price
    +1,006.80 Tax
    +148.00 Some weird dealer crap
    ============
    -500.00 Ford Incentive
    ============
    $22,752.80 out the door with special incentive financing

I qualified for the 0% APR for 60 months and the 1.9% APR for 72 months. I went with the 1.9%APR for 72 months and my monthly note is $334 and some change.

Note, the dealer tried to jack the monthly notes up on me twice. Once on the phone while going over the numbers, and again when I sat down to do the paper work. When I sat down to do the paper work, they had the wrong base monthly note $10 higher a month even though the selling price of the car was the same. He blamed it on the guy that did the paper work... go figure.

So far I love the car. I am not sure I got a good deal, but the notes are right where I wanted them.
  • I bought a 2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited (FWD)last week at a SC dealership. Here the options on the car and numbers. This car has the 18-inch aluminum wheels

Options:
    Safety package (side curtain airbags, etc)
    Reverse sensors
    Memory pedals
    Traction control
    Navigation system

$30,505 sticker price

27,571 selling price
    -1,000 cash rebate
    -2,006 ford credit incentive
    =======
    $24,565 price before taxes and tag fees
    300 sales tax
    150 tag fee, etc
    =======
    $25,015 out the door with special incentive financing

We love the car. I did not really want the navigation system, but they gave a good deal so I treated myself to a gadget.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A large local newspaper is looking to interview consumers who have recently purchased a Ford Fusion, Milan, Five Hundred or waiting to purchase the Ford Edge. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, September 6, 2006 by 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET containing your daytime contact information.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• They got a 06 Ford 500 at a dealership in town here and the sticker is 31,060. What do you think is the best price I could get for it?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Got an internet quote from my local dealer on a 2007 Five Hundred, wondering how good it is, and am open to opinions.

It is an SEL model with Power Package, Leather, 6CD stereo, and Convenience Package...

He is quoting me invoice price, and telling me he can get me out the door for $23,945 (after tax, title, fees, and minus the rebate). What do you think?
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    Hello? Anybody home?
  • jkinzeljkinzel Posts: 735
    Did you get it?? Sounds like a deal to me.
  • For anybody's reference.

I bought a 2006 Mercury Montego Premier last month in October near New Orleans area dealership for $23,000 out the door which included Tax, Title, and License. The only option was reverse sensing. After I brought the car, a few weeks later, I've notice an additional $1,000 cash discount incentive on Mercury website in Nov. So maybe, the dealer may take out another grand. Their selling price depends on market demand and if they want to sell it high or low. Check out www.myford500.com for what others had paid. Lowest off MSRP average around $6800 to $8000. Pay anymore than $6800 off msrp would be a ripp off in my opinion. After driving a few weeks, the ride was about average. Not like a scale of number 7 given by Consumer Reports rated. It would be more like a 5.5 for ride quality. While I'm at it, the top rated washing machine on Consumer Reports went out on me after 2 years. The ride quality was just a little better than an SUV but my knees would still shake while driving. And more noise in the back seat(give a 5 for quietness). I can even hear the gasoline shake in the gas tank while sitting in the back seat and the noise from the rear suspension frame when it hits a minor bump. It has very Poor sound insulation. Somewhat annoying for ride quality back seats more bumpy than front seats. I can feel all expansion joints on Louisiana roads and at unlevel bumps, my body would jolt up and down. The car's springs and shocks should me made smoother, but I have to live with it for now. If I had to spend $28,000, it would be on another car. Reason for the buy was the $5,000 difference. The expected quality seems not to be their though. And it should have the 100,000 mile warranty like GM.

Options:
    Reverse sensors

$27,875 sticker price

selling price
    -1,500 rebate
    -5,365 dealership hidden rebates and whatever discounts
    =======
    $21,010 price before taxes and tag fees
    1840 sales tax (~ 9 percent)
    150 tag fee, etc
    =======
    $23,000 out the door without incentive financing
  • OK, this month you can get about $6000 off MSRP with the combo of incentives on the 500/Montego. Or you can wait til summer and pay approx. sticker for a 2008. What am i losing out on by buying now? I know about the engine but what about the tranny and the AWD. Is giving up the CVT and the Haldex AWD for the new unproven 3.5 a good tradeoff? Just wondering...
  • I'd go for the 2007 with AWD and the CVT.

Test drive one with the CVT and one without, and see what you think.

I don't think you'd have to pay sticker for a 2008, though. Probably closer to invoice.
  • hi barnstormer,I'm counting on you are right on the money on the'o8's.Ive tested a lot of cars(avy,lucern,azero,cts,mk whatever)but the montga has the room i want and you don't have to buy the moon roof which I believe is a big waste of money.the engine noise was the only thing that bothered me but from what I have read meerc has improved on this problem.I'm no youngester o the horsepower is no problem.wish me luck .If I can get close to invoice I hope to be driving the new "SABLE" this summer. :D
  • mexcarmexcar Posts: 21
    I'm thinking about going the other route -- getting a 500 now to take advantage of the incentives. Am a bit concerned about the engine noise you mention. Is this something restricted to periods of acceleration (not so bad to me) or is it always with you on long highway trips (more of a concern)?
  • I haven't tried the new 3.5L

However, the 3.0L is very quiet at modest rpm's.

Any complaints of noisy engines would be reserved for when the rpm's get up to 4k or higher.

Most of the time on a long highway trip, you'll be down around 2k rpm's. Without much engine noise at all.
  • I have to take another test drive to check out what barnstormer observed. He's right about the tempting incentives
    show me the money. that's where it's at. :)
  • mexcarmexcar Posts: 21
    Thanks Barnstormer64 and American. Yes; it was the incentives that got my attention at first. After sitting in the car though I was pleasantly surprised. Am now negotiating price on one. Always interesting. If Ford plans to rebadge, at least that expresses some general satisfaction on their part with the design itself.
  • i too was caught by the incentives on the 2007s. Basically 6-7k off MSRP. Then i read some horror stories on the other forum about the undersized brakes and people having their rear rotors replaced at 20k. That is not a good design if it is the case (you never know what to believe on these forums). The 2008 will have a new more powerful engine and a new different transmission. I'd wait a year before jumping on that...
  • Your brake info should be the norm at 15k. I wonder why the disparity on the other models. Perhaps overly aggressive drivers? what year is your 500 and what is a freestyle?
This discussion has been closed.