Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• That certainly seems like a fair price. Coincidently, yours is the exact same car I am looking for... SEL FWD with those options. Will take your numbers with me when I go shopping. My local dealer current has that car on his lot with the window sticker showing 26715 MSRP plus another sticker showing "Added dealer mark-up" of 1995. Wish me luck.
  • herheyherhey Posts: 8
    Portsmouth Ford in Portsmouth, NH has Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD with leather and moonroof for $22,495.00 with no doc fees. Sticker price is #27,970.00 after the reduction for leather seats. Thought someone could use this for comparison shopping. May be worth the trip for some of you.
  • beofwulfbeofwulf Posts: 1
    What would be a standard price on a 2 or 3 year lease on a new $500. What is standard down payment?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi beofwulf. Consumers can and always should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of down payment at all. You can lease the Five Hundred that you are interested and only have to pay your first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 or $50 increment, Ford Credit's $595 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees at lease signing.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • luvmbootyluvmbooty Posts: 271
    No one bought a Ford or Montego since March? :confuse:
  • slider7slider7 Posts: 33
    You got that right! We are not just waiting for the now available 0.0% financing over 5 years, we want employee pricing too. Dealer says $30,900.00, Daddy says $24,500.00 divided by 60 months.
  • luvmbootyluvmbooty Posts: 271
    Sounds sweet if you can be approved for the 0.0%!
  • observer22observer22 Posts: 41
    Sacramento area Ford dealer was advertising base Five Hundreds for $16,500 back in February.
    Chevy really improved the ugly front end of the Monte Carlo, hope Ford can do the same for the Five Hundred.
  • vrmvrm Posts: 303
    I am in the market for a Ford 500 SEL or Limited.

Appreciate feedback on out the door price along with dealer name.

Thanks!
  • bigdan1bigdan1 Posts: 23
    Ford has a $1000 rebate plus a $500 rebate until 31MAY06. Do you think Ford will extend rebates past 31MAY06?

Dealer closest to my home is out of the car I want (Ford 500, SEL FWD, Auto trans). He says he will have more of what I want by end of week. He "thinks" Ford will extend rebates.

Another dealer 10 miles away has what I want. I could buy from him tomorrow, but I have never dealt with them.

I bought 2 cars in the past from dealer closest to home, and I like him.
    There are no more 06 Five Hundreds in Production. The model year was cut short by four months. 2007's began rolling off with a couple new paint colors, bright grilles on all, and chrome rim option to dealers in Raleigh and Charlotte NC with more coming. Lots of 06's especially Limiteds. At this stage 0.0% plus a thousand dollar rebate and 10% off sticker is not unreasonable. Do a search dealer inventory and don't be afraid to drive a couple hours away to get what YOU want! Of course buying a 2007 in June 2006 will depreciate quicker than a store bought steak overlooked in the trunk your car. Especially when 2008 Duratech 35 powered/6f tranny blows the doors open next Spring! Hope that hot blonde in the red velvet dress shows up with a can of "Foamy" to go with that Mach III grill and those LED/HiD tail/head/fog lamps! It's times like this when procrastination is good. I also will attempt to make a deal on an 06 before the end of June.
    There are no more 06 Five Hundreds in Production. The model year was cut short by four months. 2007's began rolling off with a couple new paint colors, bright grilles on all, and chrome rim option to dealers in Raleigh and Charlotte NC with more coming. Lots of 06's especially Limiteds

I dont need a more powerful engine and dont like to burn more gas. So I am not going to wait for the 2008 model.

Couple of follow-up questions:
    1) Did Ford raise the prices on the 2007 models?

2) Ignoring the color/cosmetic differences, did Ford make any improvements to the 2007 model? Any changes to the chassis or body?
  • i'm looking at the 2006 mercury montego/ford 500. each dealer gives me different incentives;
    FORD;
    $1k-discount
    $1k - rebate
    free gas till 2007($1k master card)
    0% finance
    free - every other oil change
    MERCURY;
    they said only the 1k rebate & the 0% fin.
    (this salesgirl was new)
    She also said they may not get the exact color i want,so with the 2008 coming out early 2007 , should i wait and hope they have the same incentive for the 07 they have now for the 06.
    ford dealers seem to be in disaray.
  • other than grill, what are the differences?
    Anybody have a good buying experience in Virginia or Maryland?

What was the out of the door price?

Thanks!
    no changes period. The 2005 is the 2006 is the 2007.
    I've kept an eye(via internet) on southeast Va and northeast/Raleigh NC dealer inventory for the 500 and frankly they are barely moving. Maybe 8 sold over the last four months! Dealers quickly subtract 2000.00 from sticker and subtract the 1000.00 rebate and maybe you'll qualify for 0.0%. Not a lot off a 30,000.00 FWD 200hp Megatuarus that bases for 18,000.00 to 22,000. I agree with the post that the salespeople/dealers are wanting to ignore reality no flotilla of vessels and sailors savings are on their way back to cure them presently. I say 0.0 percent over 5 years and "x" plan style pricing by all American automakers. The trusty American auto buyers who have supported the Big Three in years past, for once need a "bailout".
  • when will mercury cave in and offer the same '06 incentives for their 07 montego,it's the same car???
    it's look like they may b waiting for toyota to sell out of the avalon.
  • lglblondlglblond Posts: 9
    In Raleigh area....

SE w/ safety/security package...

$23725 sticker - $21,725 selling price (yes the standard $2k off = $200 below Edmunds "invoice") + $1k rebate = $500 Ford loyalty rebate + $1500 trade-in (pretty much what we wanted for the 8 year old trade) Financed for 60 months at 0%. Out the door was basically about $4k below sticker w/ our trade in allowance.

We were pleased w/ the deal... wanted a "big" car w/ a big trunk. LIked the car. Had considered a Fusion also... Five Hundred apparently not selling as well b/c selection of colors/options was huge. Not really looking for all the bells & whistles, just a good price/payment. Can't really beat the deal for size of car; gas mileage; etc. with another model after MUCH research...
  • slider7 you are too lodgical.The american auto would rather wait and have uncle sam bail them out. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.