Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPod - In your car!

2»

Comments

• ovrparovrpar Posts: 1
    When I looked at Audis a year ago, they had an iPod interface well-integrated, with a connection in the center console and an iPod display read-out on the dash.

(BTW: I ended up with an Acura and just found out Denison, who has been selling the ice-link, has discontinued that in favor of the new DICE. According to the salesdroids, it does everything smoothly for $159. YMMV)
  • accelaccel Posts: 4
    Not sure if that's what you need, but this Volvo adapter is using CD changer's connector. But if you have the changer it has to be disconnected.
  • wbwynnwbwynn Posts: 246
    Thanks for the info, but Audi dealers don't seem to know anything about an ipod interface, and I have talked to several. I did hear that they were going to make an announcement in June on the ipod interface...hope this happens, as BMW & MB are way ahead of them on this.
  • nikiblue1nikiblue1 Posts: 44
    Well, finally had my ipod2car installed. I would rate this product Fair. The steering controls don't activate as soon as you start the ipod--you have to skip down and then up, and then you can fwd/bwd w/out problems. Another disappointment is the volume. It goes through about 20% quiter. So If normally I would listen at level 30, I now have to turn it up to level 40. I did have the DIP #6 changed to on position as suggested on online forums. (without it I had to turn the volume to 60 before I can hear things).
    Overall satisfaction is FAIR. It beats going through the CD's.
  • jofaxjofax Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

(I'm new here, so please excusee me if I don't follow standard etiquettes re: postings.)

Anyways, I'm currently doing research into the best way to link my Ipod into a Honda Accord 07' EX-L with Nav. So far, read rather bad reviews about the Honda Music Link, and the DICE. Currently, looking into the USA SPEC, but can't seem to find any comprehensive reviews. Does anyone have any experience with the USA SPEC on a Honda Accord with Nav??

Or can anyone tell me if I have the option to just simply hook up my Ipod directly thru an aux port in the back somewhere and forget this whole "integration" mess. I just want to be able to play my Ipod :( .
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,263
    I have the USA spec unit in my Odyssey, and it works great. But, I don't have Nav. THere is an adapter to allow it to work on a car that already uses the Aux port (I think that the XM is the problem area, not the nav, since XM uses the port input).

Check out Crutchfield. THey have a lot of info, and I think some reviews. I know that there is a seperate piece (a splitter) from USA Spec for your application.

The Accord (unless they added it in '07, I have an '05) doesn't have an aux plug (the Civic does), or a set of RCA jacks. So, any solution, even a simple plug in with no ipod functions like the USA spec has, will still require an adapter to connect into the radio.

But, check Crutchfield. When you put in your model it will tell you what you need, and you can call a rep who can explain it too.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• jofaxjofax Posts: 5
    Thnx for the tip. I will definitely check out Crutchfield.

How is the functionality control using the USA Spec (i.e., Can you change playlists, choose artists, skip tracks, etc. on the Honda factory stereo now)?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,263
    I don't use playlists, but you can skip tracks from the headunit or steering wheel controls. If you want to perform fancy functions (change genres, look up artists, etc) you do it directly from the ipod.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• Wish I had seen this sooner. I've already spent $300 on a new stereo on in my '07 Accord that is IPOD-ready. The money wasn't the issue; they installed the stereo below the factory stereo (it took the place of the storage compartment) so now I have a factory stereo that completely does not work or light up, and the new radio underneath where the storage compartment was. It looks rather silly. I'm glad I can finally listen to my IPOD in my car but really, I wish there was a better way and I hadn't wasted $300.
  • What's best interface to get for OEM radio with Sat and CD changer?
2»
This discussion has been closed.