Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Car Buying for Women

191011121315»

Comments

• joel0622joel0622 Posts: 3,302
    So can I go to small claims court and win?

I am not a lawyer and I don't play one on TV.

At this point I would contact an attorney and ask him to draft a letter stating you want a check for $495 for the Bed Liner plus the difference in what you paid and what the truck was advertised for.
  • I haven't seen a discussion on the board about using brokers or someone to do the legwork in finding a vehicle.
    I'm a single female who works long hours and I don't have the time to do the legwork involved in finding the truck I want. Plus, the experiences I have had in every dealership is enough to put me off the idea of visiting them again.

Does anyone know a reputable place to find a broker (if that is the right term) or someone who will take the specifications I have and for a fee, find the truck I'm looking for?

Thanks
  • jipsterjipster Posts: 5,345
    Try the yellow pages. Or do you have any car nut friends? A lot of people enjoy the car buying and negotiation process, even if doing for someone else, and would do it for nothing.
  • cccompsoncccompson Posts: 2,388
    Here's another thought - if you know precisely what truck you want (trim level, options, color, etc.) and have done some pricing research, call two or three stores that carry the brand and have them locate it for you. It takes just a few minutes for them to check their system and they will do so knowing that you are a serious buyer.

Once they say they have found one (or more), have them send you documentation on the vehicle(s) so you can be sure everything is right. Then do your negotiations (which shouldn't take very long). They'll do a dealer trade and you'll have exactly what you want.

You can also do the same thing with email but it can sometimes (depends on the manufacturer) be a bit more cumbersome because of built-in limitations on initial contact.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,017
    "...and would do it for nothing..."

Gee Jipster, you don't even know if she lives near you!

That's not a bad idea though.

Failing that termico, I would just Google for the information. It's hard to recommend anything specific, not knowing what area you live in.

I would be sure to get written information on what they are providing for the money.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes. if nothing else we can offer moral support. :)

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• Thanks for the suggestions. The last time I was truck shopping, I had emailed several dealerships with exactly the truck I wanted. I got a ton of return emails, zero of them about the truck I was interested in. The salesmen did not seem motivated to find the truck I wanted, although maybe that won't be the case this time around.

I do know all the specs I want, I just don't want to go through the stress of negotiations again. I'd truly rather have a root canal done than deal with the salesman/manager at any dealership. Each time I've bought a car, it's been such a unpleasant experience.

I'm in North Texas, btw. Thanks again, I will try the yellow pages!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A reporter seeks to interview women who are their family's car buyer and men who gave up the role to a female partner. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, September 2, 2011 with your daytime contact information to be interviewed.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager