Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Supra

12346»

Comments

• guestguest Member Posts: 770
    That's a good looking picture (would work on the fascia, doh).

Weight will be important. If it can be 300 lbs less than a Z, that would be a hard advantage to overcome for Nissan.

If Toyota will go all the way with Project Supra, I trust it will be one special Toyota! :D

DrFill
  • wylldsharkwylldshark Member Posts: 34
  • wylldsharkwylldshark Member Posts: 34
    Have you guys seen the pics of the Japanese ad depicting actual pics of the '08 Supra? Just do a Google search on "2008 Toyota Supra" and you'll get tons of sites to pop up, with www.2008toyotasupra.net having probably the most info gathered thus far. The articles and spy shots look pretty reputable, so let all hope for the best. I, for one, would be thrilled to see a New Supra debut coem October 2007!
  • twq83twq83 Member Posts: 19
    Here is a Glimps that I'm sure you all have seen .... Latest from the Brains at Toyota ( Toyota USA in Calf.) is there will be 2 versions a Hard top and Convertable ........ Read on .........

http://www.2008toyotasupra.net/
  • ms09ms09 Member Posts: 112
    does any1 know when the new supra is coming, and which was the last model produced
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    The look of the red 2008 Supra rendering in the header of the 2008Supra.net page!

~alpha
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Member Posts: 775
    There is no new Supra coming.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Ok, thats NOT true. Even if its not called the Supra, a Toyota sports car is coming in some way, shape, or form.

You think the concepts shown in Detroit were just fun, inexpesive hybrid styling exercises?

~alpha
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Member Posts: 775
    The only sports car from Toyota in the near future will be the Lexus LF-A. That is supposed to run around $100K. Not your everyday Supra price range.
    Im sure they will be a toyota sports car, i wonder when toyota will make coupe like the mercedes cl class and the cls class,if they do make it will be great
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    I do hope they build that hybrid sports car thingummy concept they had. :-)

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    Well the upcoming IS-F with its 400 + HP engine could be considered a four door Supra. I am sure performance would be similar to the TT Supra of the mid and late 90s.
    when was the supra last model produced
    Sold until 1998 in the States, and a few extra years in Japan. The MkIV (last model available here) was introduced for the 1993 model year, if that is the question you are asking.

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Is this true,

CL 63 AMG boasts the most powerful naturally aspirated V8 engine in the world.???

I dont know much in details about car engine, can any1 tell me whats the difference between the naturally aspired and the twin turbo??? i know the twin turbo engines are fast but what else is the difference, i wanna to know in detail.

I want to know everything abt it how does it feel while driving whats the power difference whatever info u guys got....... all kinds of info will be appreciated
    the TT was available only with the automatic due to smog issues, at least here in California. It is a hoot to drive, really presses you back in the seat when you floor it.

Of course, the last time I drove one was years ago now, it was an off-lease '98 with about 30K miles. They wanted some huge price for it, although since it was a Toyota dealer they also would have leased it again. Should jave gone ahead with it, it was in sweeeeeeet condition! :-)

Anyway, none of this is about the future Supra we are all still hoping for, but now feel is not coming, so I will add one thing, a stern admonishment for Toyota: IT HAD BETTER BE AVAILABLE WITH A STICK!

If Toyota DOES bring back the Supra and then makes it auto-only, my face will look like this... :mad:

That would just be a stupid move.

Guys i am not really a supra fan. but since my friends always talks abt supra i am a little interested in it now... well till now no1 has replied my previous message... i hope some1 reply does...first of all why did toyota stop making the supra????And hows was the driving experience...

How comfortable was this car???

I dont know 1 thing toyota is a big company and a very profitable 1 .. so why dont they make coupe and sports cars like the mercedes Cl class or the bm 6series...

I hope they start making it in the future...
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    The words "sports car" and "slushbox" don't go together.

Like "Lindsay Lohan" and "sober"....

DrFill
    In the States, sales dropped to 1000/year as a result of the increase in price and a shift in the market that chased all the other Japanese GT cars (and eventually the Camaro and others) out of the market. Also, the Supra ran into big smog trouble by the end of its run, which would have required further investment to fix. Toyota deemed it not worth the trouble and cancelled it in the U.S.

In Japan the Supra ran on several more years, eventually being dropped because that whole class of car has just disappeared from the Japanese market in favor of the cars the Fast N Furious crowd would like: small displacement sedans and coupes with turbos and whatnot on them.

It was a snug fit in the cockpit, but if you want to get a sense of how the future model woulod hypothetically be to drive, go sit in a Lexus IS 350, better yet drive one around. I suspect that despite all the talk of various prototypes and wild speculation about the future model, the only way it will really reach the U.S. with a Toyota badge is as a disguised IS350 coupe with less equipment than the Lexus, with perhaps a V-8 option, who knows.

In fact, they may also make a more luxurious Lexus GT variant to capitalize as much as possible on the up-front expenditures.

• nosuprayetnosuprayet Member Posts: 2
    Here another link:

http://forums.roadandtrack.com/cars/board/message?board.id=61&message.id=8097&qu- ery.id=153#M8097

No source, so very doubtfull. However (imagine ;- ;) ):
    Next Toyota sportscar concept identical to FS-HT and many other Toyota concepts (as seen on http://response.jp/GIGAINDEX/recent/369.html)
    announced at 2007 Tokyo Motor Show. This will be huge again, last year there was none. So you can expect a lot of interesting stuff to come.
    One year after that, the introduction. (mind you: 2008, Toyota 50 years in Motorsports).

Do not despair, 2008 is the year !!! Goa moar snel veur aain spoar'n.
    It will be a Toyota hybrid, which means.......automatic only? If so, count me out. :sick:

• dmaloydmaloy Member Posts: 2
    My daughter has a 93 Supra, non turbo A/T with 118000 and the motor overheated when the waterpump went out. Needs engine work due to the overheating. She doesn't want to put any money into to get the motor repaired and just wants to sell as is. Any ideas where the best place to sell it would be?
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Damn straight! ;)

DrFill
  • andy82471andy82471 Member Posts: 120
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2008-toyota-supra-still-on-the-table.html

It seems more and more likely that Toyota will bring back the Supra. If you YAHOO 2008 Supra you get plenty of websites predicting the car's development. The consensus is that the V6 version will be a modified version of the 3.5L engine powering the IS350 pumping out close to 350 HP. While the all new 5.0L V8 will be producing close to 450 HP. Price starts from 40K for the V6 and 50K for the V8.
    Automobile had a quick blurb on it this month, mentioning it would have a hybrid powertrain and start around $35K. It's still two years away, I figure, if it is coming at all...

• singledad3singledad3 Member Posts: 1
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE?
  • suprabobsuprabob Member Posts: 1
    As a former Supra owner, I'd like the new Supra to be affordable. That means a price similar to the base Nissan 350Z (the high 20K range). I don't need a targa roof, leather seats, or any premium sound system. I just want the base car with a normally aspirated engine (preferably a 330-350HP 3.5 liter V6)--and vehicle skid control should be standard. (In fact, VSC should be standard on all Toyota vehicles; if they can make it standard on a Scion Xb that costs 17K, then they can make it standard feature on every vehicle).

Toyota, give us an affordable Supra!

--SupraBob">
    The latest I have read seems to indicate the base price will be $7-8K higher than the base 350Z. Maybe Toyota figures that by the time the new Supra gets here, Nissan will have redesigned their car and raised prices accordingly, I dunno.

Looks like minimum power for the base model will be at least 300 hp though, so there's value for that higher price. I hope they go ahead and build a stick shift hybrid model.

Toyota also has the new RWD lightweight coupe in the works too, so now I face the dilemma of which I am more interested in. The Supra is bound to come in heavy, 3500 pounds at a minimum I would guess.

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    by that time, it will be the 370z. ;b

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• zohnzohn Member Posts: 1
    Hello, First the picture is NOT my car. I'll try to make this short. In 1988 I had a 1982 Toyota 4X4 and I totaled it. My dream car at that time was a Toyota Supra. Then they came out with a new body
    body style and it ws black to boot, I couldn't resist it. I was 21 years old and the car on the show room was black. $18000. It was every penny I had saved my whole life. So I bought it with 3 miles on it. I had a very harsh lesson to learn in Colorado.
    I was used to my 4X4, Now it was winter snowing big time. And now I had a rear wheel drive with gaterbacks.
    That did not work. I had to buy a FJ-40.

My supra never sat outside over 1 night. I drove it only 14000 miles in 20 years, it is perfect! How do you sell something like that for a reasonable price? I even had to buy new tires, the Goodyear tires dry rotted with great tread.Does anybody have any ideas? That would be great!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    So you have an '88 Supra with 14k miles. That's pretty impressive.

One very important detail is WHAT MODEL?

If I were buying, I would want to know a very detailed service history. What did you do to the car each year? How often did you change the oil? How old are the belts and hoses? How did you deal with the gas in the tank over time?

But, anyway, I think the only way to go with this is auction. I would try out Ebay. As to what your reserve should be ... well, that's tougher. Have you thought about having it appraised? I would think the car may qualify for Hagerty's insurance, and I believe they can help you out with getting an appraisal, too.

Just remember, you want TONS of pictures and very very detailed information as I've described above.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

This discussion has been closed.