Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 428i Gran Coupe - Lease vs Buy

frzgfrzgfrzgfrzg Member Posts: 5
edited July 2016 in BMW
I'm indifferent on if I buy or lease, just looking for the best deal. If I buy, I might just trade it in or sell it after 3 years to begin with. I should drive about 18.8 miles each way, 5 days a week for 52 weeks which is just under 10k in miles. To be safe, I got a quote for 12k miles.

My credit is at or near 800 last I checked, so that piece shouldn't be an issue.

MSRP= $55,950
Selling Price = $51,212
MF = .00158 (3.792%)
Residual= $34,129 (61%)
36/12k lease
Approx 4k down - $613/month (post tax)

Where do I have the most room to discuss? MF is high and not sure if there is much room in the selling price, but will work on both. If the lease #'s don't make sense, would this make more sense to purchase? They have tried offering 2.99% apr.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    frzgfrzg said:

I'm indifferent on if I buy or lease, just looking for the best deal. If I buy, I might just trade it in or sell it after 3 years to begin with. I should drive about 18.8 miles each way, 5 days a week for 52 weeks which is just under 10k in miles. To be safe, I got a quote for 12k miles.

My credit is at or near 800 last I checked, so that piece shouldn't be an issue.

MSRP= $55,950
    Selling Price = $51,212
    MF = .00158 (3.792%)
    Residual= $34,129 (61%)
    36/12k lease
    Approx 4k down - $613/month (post tax)

Where do I have the most room to discuss? MF is high and not sure if there is much room in the selling price, but will work on both. If the lease #'s don't make sense, would this make more sense to purchase? They have tried offering 2.99% apr.

.00138 MF and 61% residual.
    The selling price looks good, but the MF is marked up.

If you are sure you will sell in three years, then I would go ahead and lease.

But, if you buy, 2.99% is cheaper financing. You'd avoid the $925 acquisition fee, and there is a $1000 incentive on purchases that isn't available for leasing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    have you checked your local credit union for car loan rates? last year I financed a new Highlander at 1.49% through a credit union. All the paper work from the bank is electronically sent to the dealer - was incredibly easy. The dealer still had me sit and listen to their finance guy do his after market sales pitch which I hate.