Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Comments

• brugrebrugre Posts: 4
    you seem to have the same problems we had in our early lr3 hse. after 39 days in shop in 10 months dealer supported us in land rover taking back car with no cost to us if we took another car. we took a new ranger rover sport.most lr3 problems were in pre april 05 cars. no problem in new car since oct. but low mileage; only 5000! without dealer support the excange wot have been made. his insentive was selling another car!
  • esfesf Posts: 1,020
    It's been six days since the last post!

This is happening in every single post room I go to!

Are my posts really that good? No one has a response?

;) :P ;)
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    Go set up your image page - it's a good way to pass some time while waiting for responses. :shades:

All you need to do is sign in there with your Edmunds user name and password and you're off and running. Let's see some pics!

Steve, Host
  • dcuellardcuellar Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 rr sport--about a month old. The headlights jiggle according to people driving ahead of me. Has anyone else had this problem. They say they can see them jiggle/move in their rearview mirror, and I can actually see them jiggle on the back of the car in front of me.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    I have heard of that happening on more then one occasion but never seen it myself. I think their is some kind of calibration or adjustment that can be made but since we have not had a sport with that problem I am not sure on the details of what needs to be done.
  • rdnycrdnyc Posts: 7
    they did replace the car, without any argument. I picked up the relacement yesterday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
  • After 12 month owning one in Europe here are my coments:

The bads:
    * I couldn't get the Dynamic R. option installed on my model so the handling in curvy roads is bad, really bad, it tangles and everybody gets car sick including myself! :sick: ;
    * Bluetooth just died this week, still havn't figured out how;
    * Trunk door does not close properly and need extra help to close properly;
    * When BAck DVD entertainment fixed to the roof is on and either the wireless headphones or the music speakers are connected to it, every 5 minutes a loud noise caused by interference from mobile phone towers interrupts sound during 10 secs aprox.;
    * Last but not least DVD does not work on the GPS screen although I own a european market made for unit.

The goods:
    * I still love it!! unfortunately now that I am heading for my 3rd kid I'll probably have to switch it to something else... try to get back a Disco 2, 7 seats for example!! Disco 3? no way jose!

BlackPearl 3
  • I have owned my black RRS Supercharged for about 9 months now. I haven't had any problems except for a bad wiper blade. The gas mileage averages 14, but I didn't expect higher. I previously had a Lexus RX 330, which I also liked. The RR is more fun to drive. I am a happy owner. :blush:
    I have an RX330 right now- and am looking at the HSE!

Please clear this up for me... does the Range Rover Sport drive dramatically differently in everyday life (turning radius, height, feel from the seat)?

I am cross-shopping it with the Porsche Cayenne S, and am not sure which to buy right now.

Favorite color in the Range Rover Sport: Giverny Green (light grey-green)

Cayenne S: Sand White (off-white)

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
    This happens in every single chat room I go to.

I asked a question, and of course, no one has posted anything since.

This happened to someone who posted on April 22 in the Audi Q7 post room also. It's happened to me in the Q7 room, "Ultimate AWD Sport Sedans" room, and Audi RS4 room.

Someone, please say something!

:sick:
    I don't understand your question.

By HSE do you mean the full size Traditonal Range Rover?
    If so then yes the Range Rover Sport drives a good bit different then the full size Range Rover. They weigh about the same, the sport is a couple of hundred pounds lighter depending on options, but the sport it much lower to the ground.

The roll center on the spot is a bit higher and the center of gravity is a bit lower. The sport drives a bit more like a very heavy sports sedan and the Range Rover well...

I can't really compare the drive of the Range Rover to any other vehicle on earth that I have ever driven. You sit up very high, higher then most trucks, but the ride, steering response and acceleration are more like a large luxury sedan.

Even a shart turn in a full sized range rover at speed does not really feel that dramatic.
    I'm sorry I didn't make it clear- I meant to compare the Range Rover Sport to the Lexus RX330, which my wife has now.

Thanks anyway!

If the normal Range Rover can't be touched by other SUVs in terms of performance, there is one truck that is about as good on the inside- the Lexus LX470. The interior materials, quality and design are impeccable, and it feels much more luscious, due to the less-modernized design and softer seats.

However, my wife and I test drove an RR Sport HSE the other day- and I sat in the normal Range Rover in the showroom. Gorgeous! Can't imagine the sticker shock, though...
    Well the RX330 is probably a little quicker to accelerate because it is so much lighter even though it has less horespower.

I am not going to get into a discussion about lexus design but to me they are just boring cars. No soul at all.

For long distance highway driving I think the Sport is a much better vehicle. All that weight does have its advantages. If you are used to the RX330 though I think you might get frustrated with it in stop and go city driving. It has plenty of power and brakes to move well in city traffic but all of that weight gives you a severe gas mileage penalty in stop and go traffic.
    The RX isn't very light on gas either. Even though my wife drives as slow as she does, the RX gets a paltry 18mpg. I'd expect the Range Rover Sport HSE to deliver 16mpg- seeing as it gets 14 miles in the city and 19 on the highway.

Also, I'm the city driver- not her. And the S4 Cabriolet does bad enough in the city, thank you! I average 15mpg on a regular basis!

;)

As for the RX having no soul, I completely agree. The engine can have heart if you push it though, and the car is probably the easiest to live with I've ever owned.

'06 Audi A3 2.0T DSG • '05 Audi S4 Cabriolet • '04 Lexus RX330
  • asingal1asingal1 Posts: 4
    Hey guys,

New here and getting close to buying a RRS Supercharged.

The MSRP is something like 71,050 - wanted to know if there
    is ANY room for negotiation with these guys?

I live in MD.

The edmunds site shows that the "TMV" <-- what others are paying in our area is $68,500 (or something)...is that for real?

Thanks!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,950
    TMV is based on real transactions, among other things:

"The TMV price takes into account a number of factors, including the vehicle's invoice price, its manufacturer's suggested retail price, the current supply and demand for the vehicle, the vehicle's relative brand strength and actual transaction price data."

How We Calculate New TMV® Prices

Steve, Host
  • heli_docheli_doc Posts: 3
    :surprise: I got my RRS SC on MArch 11th

within 2 weeks the car would lean to the right, dealer said it was the self levelling suspension

I changed the cars direction inthe garden and the car still listed to the right.

I drove the car back to dealer and they replaced an air-spring.

within 2 days of me geting car back, the car listed to the right again. This time i asked them to flat bed the car back to the dealer and asked them to fix it properly.

they did it and were very polite about all the interactions.

Very happy with my dealership in North Carolina.

ANyone else get a black RRS-SC- did you get lots of scratches on the car on delivery- my dealer said they could not buff them out- I really was disappointed with the finish.

BUt I love the car. waited 14yrs to get one
  • jinpowerjinpower Posts: 17
    I just put a deposit down on a new RRS HSE which I pick up this Saturday. I have to drive 300 miles to pick it up since my local dealer was out of stock. The local dealer told me I would lose the benefit of getting a loaner car if I ever have to bring the car in for work to be done on it. Do any of you know if this is true, or is he just trying to make me wait and purchse it locally? Do you guys think it is a bad idea to buy a car from a dealer 300 miles away? Do you think I would receive a lower level of service? How about people who move from state to state who have no choice? Isn't the sales and service department seperate? How would they even know??? Thanks for your replys.
  • asingal1asingal1 Posts: 4
    Warrant Work,

Do you mind me asking what you paid? Im about to get one as well and I want to know if they deal at all? Did you pay the MSRP?

Thanks
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    Loaner policy is up to each individual dealer. When service creates an RO, the salesman's name is printed on it. Also, we can go online with the last 8 numbers of the VIN and get a complete history. I personal hate it when our service department gives a loaner to someone who bought elsewhere in our market.
    To answer those with TMV on Supercharged Sport, I don't know of any dealer who is selling them below MSRP - we can't get the cars.