Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• Id like to the new Corolla have ABS and front, side, and curtain airbags as standard equipment. Even better if it had traction control too.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Here is a consideration along those lines. The NHTSA and the IIHS are mandating/pushing for all new vehicles to have VSC ( and TC ) as standard equipment in the near future. If the new Gen Corolla didn't already have it I'd be fairly certain that it will have those in this next 'delayed' iteration.
  • jacksan1jacksan1 Posts: 504
    The all-new JDM Corolla is off to an excellent start in sales, Nikkei has just reported. Orders for 35,000 units have been received in the first month of sales. The monthly sales target for the JDM Corolla is 12,000 units.

The production of the Corolla sedan is being off-loaded to Central Automobile, a production subsidiary of Toyota, due to the Takaoka Plant that regularly builds the Corolla being overwhelmed with production demands.
  • Well looking at the jdm features and price which is pretty much the same price as the present model corolla for us, what person in this segment wouldn't choose the corolla over any other vehicle. The corolla has nav, xenon, backup camera, self parking, pre-crash (tightens seat belts if detects possible crash similar to the Mercedes safety feature), and more. It offers more features than even the larger classes. Hopefully we get some (being realistic here) of the features.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    make a "Limited" trim for the Corolla line next time around, we may get some of those things in the U.S. Otherwise, I seriously doubt it. And that Limited would probably have to be in the range of $22K, without additional performance attributes over the rest of the line - that price is pushing it for a Corolla.

Look at the Mazda3 - the only way to get those "luxury" items in that model is to go for the "Grand Touring" model, which bundles many of them together, and is above the regular Touring models. And is quite pricey.

The only one of those you can get in the new Civic is NAV, and then only on the higher trims. And the brand new Sentra - the best you can do in that car with the very priciest package is leather seats, Bluetooth, and keyless start. No nav, xenons, rear cameras, or anything else.

My bet is Toyota won't step too far outside the established mold with the new Corolla - they are all about the relentless quest for maximizing sales volume.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

posted pics of the new Corolla just intro'd in China. I'm nearly certain that this is what we will see as well.

It's a Camry Corolla.
    It's EXACTLY as if they took a Camry and miniaturized it! Not cutting edge, by any measure. Not bad looking either, but "aged" to my eyes. They have obviously taken a different, but predictable for Toyota, direction with the Corolla than Honda took with the Civic.

Agreed, I guess it goes along with the idea of not messing with what works..
    that precious youth market is going to leave Toyota even more...

I hope they offer one of the two new Scions with the powertrain from the new Corolla and less stodgy looks. But I don't suppose they will...

• #492 of 591 Thats my point of view a new corolla 2008 by fastandstyle Sep 10, 2006 (6:48 pm)
    Bookmark | Reply | E-mail Msg
    If you analize the design strategy from Japanese market Engineers, you will see a Yaris 2006 like a corolla 2003-2007 body box, and for me, the new corolla 2008 will be a cross design between the Camry 2006 and the lexus IS 350, 2006, a litle more agressive exterior design, maybe 2.4 VVTI engine with 150-160 HP, and 5 speed automatic transmission,a new interior design, and maybe an Hybrid Option. Maybe Xenon Ligths. But still Keep looking more conservative than the competition. This is my vision to 2008 corolla design.

It looks like This is the way it is... 2007...2008 I hopr de XRS sedan comoes mre loaded...200 Hp
  • The transmission tiptronic.... Lexus IS 350
    Rear styke..................... Camry
    Front style.................... Camry
    Dash board, Speedmeter Gauge.... Lexus IS350

Keep searching for more information :)
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I thought new Corolla was going to debut with the new series of Toyota 4 cylinders? This seems to be a modified version of the existing 1.8L???

~alpha
    The Nikkei has just issued an article saying that Toyota will show its European-spec Corolla at the Helsinki Motor Show, to open on November 30. Here is a photo of the Euro Corolla:

European Corolla

By the way, this Corolla is basically the same one as that which was previously announced in Beijing.

One of the engines to be used is 2ZR-FE, which is a completely new 1.8 L engine.
  • what about the power, Horse power, torque, pounds-feet, Fuel efficiency,
    There's some dat about the XRS, is thos model still alive? :)
    what about the power, Horse power, torque, pounds-feet, Fuel efficiency

The following specs for 2ZR-FE come from the JDM Corolla. This engine is expected to be used in all Corolla markets, as well as market-specific motors (e.g., diesel for Europe, 1.5 L gas for Japan).

2ZR-FE
    Displacement: 1,797 cc
    Horsepower: 100 KW (136 HP) (JIS)
    Torque: 175 Nm (129 lb-ft)/4400 rpm
    Fuel Efficiency: 17.2 km/l (40.4 MPG) (in Japanese 10-15 Mode, using Super CVT-i*)

*Super CVT-i = 7-speed mode CVT

I know nothing about the sport version of the Corolla at this time.
  • Wow - I like the looks of this.

More stylish and elegant than the current US Version, but without the "weird" factor of the new Honda Civic and the new Nissan Altima.

I just hope Toyota does a similar update of the interior: I was just checking out the new Elantra today as an option for my 2000 Sonata. While the new Elantra is truly a very nice car . . . there is something about it that leaves me a bit cold: the new Elantra is just a bit TOO generic.

The Civic and Altima, with the oddball shifters blocking some of the dash controls as well as some of the strange design features, are starting to enter the "too weird" zone of design for me.

Well, not too much longer and we'll see for ourselves how this new Corolla fares!
  • Oh - and the look strikes me a hell of a lot like "wee Camry."

That seems a consistent theme with Toyota for the last two body styles: the Corolla, side-by-side with a Camry, looks like Camry's official little brother.

Not that such consistent brand design is bad!
    I think the Nissan you mean is the Sentra. No worries, and I'm not ragging, just trying to avoid confusion. Also, you should be able to see a good glimpse of the Corolla's interior in via the link about a dozen to two dozen postings back.

~alpha
  • Actually, Alpha, I do mean the Sentra: I was in that very 2007 vehicle in the dealer's lot and the "transmission stick thing" stuck out from an ovoid pod in direct line of the climate control panel.
    Mark if that info is correct I will eat the first one off the line. The body might be accurate but there is no V6 Corolla. Pulleeeze. From everything others who are at the plant's have posted in other forums there is no 2.0L either.

You seem just to be trying to make yourself important. But be realistic. V6 Corolla?
  • that precious youth market is going to leave Toyota even more...

Nippon,

You forget that the average buyer in the youth market lacks something the "30-to-40-something" crowd has.

And to what do I refer? What do the kiddies lack?

Money. They have precious little of the stuff.

In fact, the kiddies who buy in the Toyota-Scion class generally get their money from folks in that "30-to-40-something" crowd because we, the folks with the money, are their blasted PARENTS.

The kids with the big money - the ones who go and buy their own cars - are buying Lexus convertibles and BMW roadsters, NOT Corollas or XAs.

There is, after all, a damn good reason some Scions start at 13 or 14 K whereas the "real cars" cost more.

Granted, I'm of the school where the first car is "used car" and the kid gets to slave at a min-wage job to pay for it, thus learning a vehicle like "Convertible Bently Coupe" is only served up for people like Paris Hilton . . . and even Paris Hilton has to show a bit of T&A to get that much lovin on wheels.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    Even the body might not be accurate. I've seen some of those "artist renderings" before and it looks more like a Photoshopped Yaris.
    I don't believe any of that information, quite frankly. A 150 horse 2.0L is about the only piece thats plausible, though I think even if the engine is that powerful, Toyota would downrate it intentionally until the Camry adopts the new engine family or Dual VVTi... or ANYTHING... to bump output up above 158 from the 2.4L.

The styling of the 'uncovered' pic looks photoshopped, and WAAAAYYY TOOO Yaris. It would make much for sense for Toyota to make the next Corolla look like a shrunken, 7/8ths Camry than a Super size me Yaris.

And a V6 in the Corolla line? I dont think so. Maybe a new XLE version or something, but a V6? Toyota is so not radical enough to do that.

~alpha
    Toyota does have the 1AZ-FSE which is 2.0 L and puts out 155 horses (JIS). It's used in the JDM Premio/Allion, and matches very well with the CVT. I just cannot see Toyota using it in the Corolla, however. Then again, I have been wrong before. But V6? NFW.
  • Here is more information and new photos including highres images of the interior

http://carphotosite.com/2006/12/02/wallpaper-2007-toyota-corolla-european-versio- - - n/

this is the eruopean spec

• By the way, it's very likely that the upcoming US version of the 10th generation Corolla will offer the navigation system as an option. After all, Honda does offer the navigation system on the current Civic on the EX, Hybrid and Si models as an option.

Also, the reason why Toyota has likely delayed US introduction for a year is because they maybe working on either a five-speed automatic or adapting their CVT automatic to better suit American driving conditions.
  • that's true. I hope the US version comes looking like that, with the push button start and everything.

I remember the RAV4 had the push button on the euro specs but did not when it came over to the north americas
  • You won't see push-button start on the US version, though. But the new Corolla sedan with a new 2.0-liter I-4 rated at 145 bhp (SAE 08/04 net) with either a five-speed automatic or five-speed manual will be what we'll get, and the navigation system will likely be a US$1,000 option.

I believe the reason why North America will get the new Corolla last is because Toyota won't switch over to the new model at the plants building for Corolla for the North American market until probably early fall 2007.