Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• I was thinking the same thing, for a second i actually thought it was the camry, i just wish they had done something futuristic witht eh tail lamps or at least made them LED like a lot of new models(LandCruiser, Prius, Highlander hybrid, Rav4, & 4runner)
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,443
    There is no chance of Toyota raising the price of the Corolla more than $500 for the base model.

Also keep in mind that the wholesale price of any extras is much less than retail, and volume production will bring that down even more.

Car makers are constantly bring in highly improved and more fully featured new models and are barely raising the price.

Now Toyota may raise the price a few hunded each year during the life of the new model and wind up with a $1,000 or more increase, but it will not happen at the introduction.

They will also most likely keep VSC as an option as it is on the Camry.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,710
    Toyota has said stability control would be a standard feature across all its models by 2009.

http://www.sci-tech-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=13200C6W8XLO
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    I'll see your prices and raise you $800. ;-)

CE, $17K base, with the LE at $18,700 and the S at $19,5. I bet that's about where they come in. They will be adding a lot of standard equipment to a car that is currently way behind the market in base form.

Subtract $800 for 5MT, as you say.

All the Corollas come with A/C standard now, which I assume will continue. So with the CE at $17K, they would still come in lower than the Civic LX, which is the lowest Civic in the line to come with A/C.

And then of course there is no guarantee they will continue the CE-LE-S format. I for one don't particularly like the current set-up - it makes no sense. The LE and S are both upmarket trims, neither better than the other, and both missing key ingredients I would expect from the upmarket trims. There is no logical progression.

I would REALLY like to see them do with the next Corolla S what they did with the new Camry SE this year - actually make it a sport model, with larger rims and tires standard, and sportier suspension. I am hopeful they will do that.

Then they really should give the LE a proper complement of standard equipment - no more having to add a package to get power windows or whatever.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    I'll see your prices and raise you $800.

Sounds like a Full Tilt promotion.. ;) ;)

In all Toyota's lines the upper trim of the lower model overlaps in price with the lower trim of the upper model... whew!! If the Yaris loaded up is around $16500 then the CE needs to be in this range also.

As backy pointed out though VSC will be part of all the vehicles so it might be at $17000 but with VSC/Trac included not as an option ( a forced option ).
  • My guess is that even the recent launched European-market Corolla sedan is still too conservatively styled to compete against the Honda Civic and Mazda3.

This tells me that Toyota is planning RADICALLY-styled Corolla sedan and five-door wagon models, something unique for the North American market (USA, Canada and possibly Mexico).
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    It depends on what their definition of by 2009 means.
    They may mean newly redesigned models introduced from 2009 on.
    They may also might mean by the end of calendar year 2009 (meaning 2010 model year cars).
    Either way, looks like the Corolla (and Yaris) will be getting standard VSC (and with it ABS) within 3 years.
    No it does not mean that.
    By the first definition, they would not have standard VSC until the next redesigns since both the Corolla and Yaris would have been introduced prior to 2009.
    I really don't think they meant models redesigned from 2009 on. That would put it out to 2014 or 2015 for some models. I don't have great trust in marketing, but I don't think Toyota's spokespeople would be that misleading.
    Since it will be mandated by 2012 I'm with you in guessing if not immediately at launch in 2009 then very soon thereafter.
    The sedan has already been seen by some owners at the last dealer's meeting. It's done already and looks very very much like what is being debuted in Europe. There might be, hopefully something as dramatic as the Auris, but somehow I don't think so. Unless they expect new huge things from the Corolla it's still - an econobox...basic A to B transporation.

I'd love to see a $21000 loaded up one with Navi, top quality leather, 440 wt JBL & BT looking like the European version but it would not be a big seller IMO. As nice as it might be buyers would still opt for the larger quieter more basic CE/LE Camry.
    A loaded Civic with nav costs more than a basic Accord. A loaded Sentra with everything costs more than a basic Altima.
    It wouldn't have "top quality" leather since even the Camry does not, but they could sell small numbers of loaded Corollas.
    Honda does not sell huge quantities of Civic Sis with Nav at $22K, but they sell some anyway.
    That's a really good marketing question. Does Toyota go for some glamor and put out a real top of the line Corolla that sells in small numbers at $21/$22K. Or do they stay the course and just go for volume and middle of the road amenities?

I hope that they try both and at least offer a top of the line trim. I'm guessing though that like the XRS it won't be ordered very often by the public and Toyota will let it die off. No orders, no volume, no production.

What does the N American buyer who's ready to spend $20000 want in a vehicle? A base Camry or Accord? or a loaded up Corolla or Civic? Where's the volume and the most money to be made?
  • First off, I want the corolla. My reasons for choosing a loaded corolla over a camry are simple. I'd rather save gas, have a smaller car, and have a more luxorious car rather than having a basic larger car. I don't find a use to having a larger car if I don't need it. The only thing putting me off of corolla is because its such an "econobox" all these years and even tho the basic camry isn't much better, I personally feel its more value than getting a loaded up LE corolla which only gives features that I don't really need/want ie moonroof/sunroof, "optitron guages", and the other bits. I don't understand why Toyota wouldn't want to allow people to option up a corolla. If people want this car with those features, people would be willing to pay up for those options. I don't see, selling a corolla with options hurting sales. Can someone explain to me what reasons toyota would have to not sell nav,backup camra, etc.
  • Good heavens - nav, back-up cam, etc?

And I had people telling me to stuff it when all I wanted was leather Corolla seats to cosset my tired bum!

Seriously, though - you have a point. It would be nice to have a "premium" version of the Corolla that offers luxury features (auto climate control, leather seats, better sound insulation) for those of us in the "we like small cars" consumer segment.

Add that some folks who like the luxury features are also cost-conscious (same folks who buy loaded Jetta diesels or, if infused with cash, Audi A4 1.8Ts or Volvo S40s) and a "Everyman's" Corolla with some creature comforts makes sense.

But, then, what the heck do I know?!
  • Hello Kdhspyder!!!!

Im agree with your point of view, I think 2008 US corolla design will be a small Lexus IS 350. loaded, powerfull, and stylish... to be ahead of competition.... toys cars like mazda 3 and civic..... :)
  • XU - I AM a science geek (biomed).
  • Merry Critsmas And hoping all of you can buy a I new Corolla 2008 Bran new, you deserve, because your loyalty and interest to preserve the corolla spirit alive. I hope Corolla CEO, check this forums and send all of you a brand new corolla 2008, for free!!!! House cortesy.... next year. thats my best wishes to all of you :) :) :) :)
  • rorrrorr Posts: 3,630
    Somebody's been dipping into the eggnog again...... :surprise:
  • cubssoxscubssoxs Posts: 139
    True or False: Will Toyota reveal the 2008 Toyota Corolla at the North American International Auto Show or at one of the other upcoming autoshows in 2007.
    People are saying the "new" Corolla has been delayed and now will be a 2009 model. So, the 2008 Corolla will be the same car as a 2006 or 2007 and there will be nothing to announce at the upcoming auto shows.
    It does appear that from all reports that the Next Generation Corolla ( NGC ? ) will arrive in early 2008. whether it's a 2008 ( late ) or 2009 ( early ) is just a naming issue. Apparently the from all the pics from around the world, China and Europe, and the reports from those that have already seen it the sedan already exitst and could be release now on schedule.

But this is the Tundra's year, so everything else takes a backseat - even the loyal faithful footsoldier Corllla.
  • IT t is XRS Model Alive in 2008?, Im hoping, corolla is moving to a more powerful engine, to be in competiton with civic Si 200 Hp and Volkswaguen GTI 200 Hp.

What do you think about a 2008 corolla model with same specifications that Mitsubishi EVO or Subaru WRX with 300 HP, Brembo brakes.... and some more special features.... Just Dreaming awake....Happy Holidays and Good Luck in this new year.... :)
    This is dreaming because all the models you mention are tiny volume and do not make enough money.

The new hybrid 'son of supra' might be something you'd like.
  • Check wwww.autoblog.com

Los precios del Corolla Sedán parten de:

Acabado Terra, desde 63.100 zlotys (17.234 €/ 22.726 dólares)
    Acabado Luna, desde 66.300 zlotys (17.254 €/ 22.795 dólares)
    Acabado Sol, desde 76.100 zlotys (19.839 €/ 26.165 dólares)
    Acabado Prestige, desde 80.600 zlotys (21.000 €/ 27.712 dólares)
    :surprise: I think its too high, the US range is between 18K and 22K full loaded, but there is not diesel engine
  • ch3456ch3456 Posts: 4
    The answer is pretty simple. With Toyota, you have Avalon on the top, Camry in the middle, and Corolla on the bottom, so to speak. Toyota isn't going to offer more options on a Corolla, when some of them aren't even found on Camry's. They have to keep each car in its own "position."

For example, if Avalon gets rain-sensing windshield washers, Camry will not have them until later. When Camry gets that option, Corolla won't get it until later or at all.

Put point blank, Avalon has to be a better car overall than Camry, and Camry has to be a better car overall than Corolla; which is where pricing comes into play.

I like how Toyota does things in steps. Makes sense to me.
  • newmr2newmr2 Posts: 1
    More does not mean better.
    My wife drives a 2004 Corolla LE.
    I drive an 2006 Avalon XLS.
    On myy day off I drive her Corolla.
    Great cars, just different.
    Just like Cream and Chicago.
    Two great groups, but more musicians
    doesn't have to make it a better band.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Posts: 992
    Whatever toyota does for the new corolla should come across as a refresh for the scion tC.

Both need the things you mentioned +

A 5 speed automanual and a 6 speed manual
    Starting at 15k(spec tC.

The corolla by itself needs:
    To continue trim designations. -S(E), CE, (X)LE, and le.
    A 2.0l i4

-Cj
  • dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,443
    For me less is more - I much prefer the Corolla to the Avalon. Just can't justify the added impact on the planet (and my wallet) just so my behind rides a little smoother.