Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,727
    We are less than a month from the launch. Couldn't it have been a demo car (for dealers) or maybe a press car (used in tests by the auto mags)?
  • mcmanusmcmanus Posts: 121
    Cute.

Yeah I ended up with a sunroof on this car. Bought it in January and liked it that first winter (there was a lot of sun for Michigan). But what I notice with the shade open is the cold that comes through the closed glass and the noise from every rain drop that hits the top of that uninsulated roof.
  • mcmanusmcmanus Posts: 121
    I don't believe Corolla is anywhere unique enough to not be part of the compact car pack. And I don't believe that a big company like Toyota couldn't pull off the introduction of two new "significant" s (in two widely different market segments) at once.

Yes, hungry, not proud, Hyundai is willing to copy/learn from others (just like Japan as a nation did following WWII). That might give an idea as to where to look for under valued cars. (If they could just get a decent dealer around here.)

I seriously doubt "boring" is a goal that leads to the success of any product.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,692
    But of course "boring" is only ONE of Corolla's traits. It has many positive ones.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Mack, it has to do with 'focus' in the market place. Television time. Training resources. For 6-9 months everything was focused on the Tundra.

As you know from late 2006 until the Highlander arrived nothing came out of Toyota that didn't have something to do with the Tundra.
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    That's good thinking, after all, if Motorweek got hold of one ahead of time, that must mean they're already built and ready to go, and someone could have one for one of their "long-term test drives".

I'd be happy to offer $100 to anyone who can prove I didn't see one! Takers?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    And I will offer $1.5 million dollars for anyone who can prove I didn't smell licorice today. Proving a negative is nigh-on impossible, so I think your wager is safe.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• irismgirismg Posts: 345
    Good, I didn't think so...

Haha I saw one first!
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    I still say you're dreaming. No one has the 09 Corolla. Even the car mags are using stock photos from Toyota pressroom for their so called "reviews". The distributor reps might be driving one in about three weeks when it gets closer for the release of the vehicle. You might see a Matrix sooner if you keep your eyes open.
  • joem5joem5 Posts: 201
    How we get off the topic in this tread.
    Also, how did the 12 mpg Tundra get in here? Don't people buy the Corrolla,because of gas milage and it's a practical car? What sets the car off is the radio antenna.
    If your'e a kid and want Zoom ,Zoom and all the toys buy Civic SI . If you want all the whistles and bells get a Civic EX L. I don't think the Corrolla has a car that has all the standard features that the Civic offers.
    Toyota,tries to hook you on options and drives any knowlegeabe buyer away.When, Hundai,Focus,Mazda,and Civic offer thing like ABS, moon roofs and yes,even the Focus has heated seats as a standard feature.
    The Corrolla is dependable,quality and a car for my niece in college, or my mother,or for my grandfather to go to VFW.All the while saving on gas for an extra beer on Fridays.A Corrolla is a car for all the people. :shades:
    It's Corolla, not Corrolla.
    :shades:
  • cubssoxscubssoxs Posts: 139
    Hey, everyone this may sound like a stupid question but is the only clock on the new corolla located near the spedometer? Because I was looking on Toyota.com and noticed there is a clock near the spedometer and that is the only clock I noticed. Now when you turn the radio off does that serve as a clock?
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,692
    I prefer to have a clock in the center of the dash, and that's the way Toyota has done it for so long I'm surprised if they don't continue to do so. I guess I could get used to one in the IP instead, but why move it?

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• joem5joem5 Posts: 201
    Sorry lost my head. I thought a Macabee was a warrior?What are you doing in a Corolla Forum? :shades:
    I make my rounds. Even Corolla owners and prospective owners need some information now and then. ;)
  • waltchanwaltchan Posts: 123
    My local Toyota dealer (Power Toyota at Cerritos, CA) is beginning to accept pre-orders for the new 2009 Corolla and Matrix. I placed a $500 deposit. I ordered silver exterior with all the options there are available for the Corolla S except DVD navigation. My salesman told me I'm the first one to pre-order one, and he will expedite my order to Toyota. He told me I may be one of the very first ones to drive home a new 2009 Corolla when it arrives to the dealership at February. I'll let you know what this new Corolla look like.
    Did anybody find out if the new 09 corolla has another clock besides the one near the spedometer and tachometer?
  • 2009 corolla will go for sale on 2/25/08. Price for a XLE with GPS, Auto & Leather = $25k (Sunroof is extra)!!!! I would rather go for a loaded CIVIC EX-L with GPS for 21k.
    Toyota is still too conservative to provide the Corrolla with 5 speed auto & Rear disc breaks.

May be its better to wait for MMC Civic (coming Sept 08)

Mahbubur
    Hollywood, CA
    Your prices are bogus. TMS USA has not released pricing for the 09 Corolla. I doubt what you described will be 25k with no moonroof. A Camry can be had for that price 4cylinder. ;)
  • lls57lls57 Posts: 57
    When I go to the Toyota website, and put in a Florida zip (SET) for build and price your Toyota, they show inventory (presumably not yet arrived) for the Base, LE, and XLE. Don't know if their base price is the same as national (my guess is that it is), but they show the base with a price of $16,050, LE at $16,650, and XLE at $17,550, all plus $715 for delivery. Even with all their extra charges, the most expensive Corolla shown was under $21k.

Lester
    The first wave of Corolla's are all ready and sitting at the various distribution points. Today Toyota published the Base Prices for the Corolla and Matrix:
    1831 5MT......... $15250
    1832 4AT......... $16050
    1838 4AT LE.... $16650
    1840 4AT XLE.. $17750
    1833 5MT S..... $16320
    1834 4AT S...... $17150
    1835 5MT XRS.. $18760
    1836 5AT XRS.. $19950

1931 5MT........ ...... $16190
    1932 4AT................ $17000
    1933 5MT S............ $18260
    1934 5AT S............ $19450
    1938 4AT S AWD... $20400
    1935 5MT XRS........ $20660
    1936 5AT XRS........ $21850

Destination is probably extra..not stated either way.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,668
    Thanks! So there is no LE with a manual tranny?
    Nope that's all the models for the initial launch year.
  • I am a long time Chevy Cavalier owner that is ready to buy a Toyota! I can't wait till the 2009 XRS comes out. I am part of the 2% that is buying one! What is the difference between 1836 and 1936? Thank you. I have enjoyed following this thread!
    The 1800 series are the Corolla's...the 1900 series are the Matrix's
    Did anyone find out if the only clock on the all new 2009 corolla is located near the tachometer/spedeometer?
  • thaipthaip Posts: 32
    Hi,

What trim did you order? Did the dealer give you the ball park of the price? I am considering purchase the LE trim with Auto Tran, Alloy Wheels, and VSC, but I don't know and hoping that I can get the above car for 16.5k.

Toyota is the car to buy and drive! I purchased a 2007 Camry Hybrid with fully loaded, and I am loving it!!!!!!!! After 10k miles, I drove to Canada and speeding at 100 MPH and couldn't feel a thing.

So, Toyota is the car and the manufacture to trust!

Anyone know more about prices for the 2009 corolla, please share with all of us.

thanks
    The only clock is indeed right below the speedo/tach on the left hand side.
    Mack
    To get an LE as you want it configured you also have to get the CK option which is the all-weather package and it's $150.00
    Base price is $16650.00
    16 Alloys 580.00
    vsc 250.00
    ck 150.00
    Destination 660.00

:shades:
    So Mack why did Toyota put the clock there below the speedo/tach on the left side? Isnt that a rare place to put a clock? I mean how hard is it to copy how camry has it right in the middle of the dashboard?